I feel like Samsung owes us some answers - S20 Ultra

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Considering they're basically high end computers that fit in your pocket. Add in a decent camera and actual phone capabilities. $1000 plus isn't that rediculous.

nitro2k1

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
Well....there's more to love than just the camera but if the camera is the focal point it may be a questionable debate as to whether or not make the jump.

The camera was definitely a main selling point for my purchase, but the 120hz screen, faster CPU and more RAM also factored heavily. As a package, sounded like a worthy upgrade for the money. In using the phone, I didn't see an appreciable difference over the Note 10 that could justify the purchase. Don't get me wrong, if I didn't already have the Note, I'd 100% recommend the S20 - its a great phone and don't see another brand offering anything that competes with it right now.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Considering they're basically high end computers that fit in your pocket. Add in a decent camera and actual phone capabilities. $1000 plus isn't that rediculous.
Exactly....and consumers keep asking for bigger and better hardware and we pay a premium to fit it into a little box.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It's even simpler, no one is forcing anyone and if you don't want to spend your money, don't.

Right. You buy what you can afford and what you find value in. But you don't get to decide that for everyone.

If someone wants to invest 1400 in a phone or computer or gaming system or kitchen appliances or anything else, then that's what companies will charge...period.

You still have a choice, but so does everyone else.

I didn't buy the Ultra, but if something came out that I felt was worth it and I was in a position to treat myself, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

regor60

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Considering we spent 1400 on a phone that has incomplete camera software, on the basis that the camera may or may not be fixed eventually. And to what degree? Software can't totally make up for a hardware flaw.

And what about 1440p w 120 hz refresh rate? Coming or not? I feel like I deserve some answers before my return period ends and if I don't get them I will be returning the phone.

I do love the phone but the camera is virtually unacceptable by my standards.. if it was a $1000 phone maybe, but not at this price point.

I'm happy

Attachments

• 9013.jpg
    9013.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 14

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

My phone is the best computer, camera and TV screen in my house. All in one device.

It is amazing all the stuff they can cram into a relatively small device. Here's why I can't personally justify that $1400.00 price. I upgrade my phone much more often than I would a computer or TV. My 2016 laptop alone was $3,000, not to mention what I spent on my new TV less than a year ago, but my laptop is still getting major updates 4 years later, and will continue getting updated for a few more years. My phone I will keep for a max of one year. I'd also be paying for 5G hardware that is basically useless to me in my area for the foreseeable future which doesn't make sense to me.

I get for others that these things are irrelevant b/c maybe their phone is their primary computer, TV, etc. and they can take advantage of the 5G hardware. I personally can't stand using certain websites on a phone still including this very forum and don't use my phone to watch video very often. Most of the time I even watch YouTube on my TV, not my phone.

I do understand why folks have no problem spending the $ on the Ultra, it's a great phone! It's just not one I want to spend my $ on.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It is amazing all the stuff they can cram into a relatively small device. Here's why I can't personally justify that $1400.00 price. I upgrade my phone much more often than I would a computer or TV. My 2016 laptop alone was $3,000, not to mention what I spent on my new TV less than a year ago, but my laptop is still getting major updates 4 years later, and will continue getting updated for a few more years. My phone I will keep for a max of one year. I'd also be paying for 5G hardware that is basically useless to me in my area for the foreseeable future which doesn't make sense to me.

I get for others that these things are irrelevant b/c maybe their phone is their primary computer, TV, etc. and they can take advantage of the 5G hardware. I personally can't stand using certain websites on a phone still including this very forum and don't use my phone to watch video very often. Most of the time I even watch YouTube on my TV, not my phone.

I do understand why folks have no problem spending the $ on the Ultra, it's a great phone! It's just not one I want to spend my $ on.
In your situation I wouldn't make a big investment either. My device isn't my primary computer, however I use it more than I would use a laptop. While a laptop is easier to navigate sites, most sites have app versions and it's just easier to hold a smart device or toss it in your pocket. Also a smart device generally does a bigger variety of things.
The biggest problem consumers have agreeing on fair prices or with justifying prices is we tend to forget that everyone has different income limits and expectations. Everyone has an amount they can spend or are willing to spend and for some those two items may or may not be mutually exclusive. My limits are paying extra for gold plated devices.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
In your situation I wouldn't make a big investment either. My device isn't my primary computer, however I use it more than I would use a laptop. While a laptop is easier to navigate sites, most sites have app versions and it's just easier to hold a smart device or toss it in your pocket. Also a smart device generally does a bigger variety of things.
The biggest problem consumers have agreeing on fair prices or with justifying prices is we tend to forget that everyone has different income limits and expectations. Everyone has an amount they can spend or are willing to spend and for some those two items may or may not be mutually exclusive. My limits are paying extra for gold plated devices.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'll prolly be one of the first in line for the Note 20. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes