US Unlocked Ultra - camera update rolling out !!

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Yea, they're pricey but they have the best service where I live. My neighbor on Verizon has to use an outdoor antenna to get stable service and I get four out of five bars indoors without an antenna and run around 60Mbps downloads and have seen peaks of 103Mbps (this is on LTE) downloads with the S20U so I'm fine with paying a little extra for top service for my area.

At least in my area, (40 miles north of New Orleans) Verizon used to be king. Now, AT&T and T-Mobile have far better service...It’s almost as if Verizon just quit trying? Far as Cost...Verizon is by far the most expensive, then AT&T, The TMO...Sprint is so bad I never even tried

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Looks like a second camera update is coming.

Ice universe @universeIce
·
8h
We found a new firmware version of the S20 series, ATCT, which focuses on optimizing the camera

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
·
Mar 30
Samsung requires the software and testing departments to focus on optimizing the camera, and subsequent updates to the Galaxy S20 series will continue to improve camera performance and fix problems for the camera.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
yeah...the initial flurry of negative reviews, while accurate, also feel out-dated in the sense that we now live in the age of updates and patches. it's not like it was decades ago, when a product was released and you got what you got. nowadays, there can be constant improvements and adjustments, and a product isn't stagnant or relegated to the state it was in upon release.

i guess what i'm saying is that ALL products come out with imperfections, and there will always be the feeling that "I paid x amount, it should be perfect", or "how come no one else saw what i saw?", but in the end, assuming the company stands by its product, there will be a fix. IF the company does it's customer base right.

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
yeah...the initial flurry of negative reviews, while accurate, also feel out-dated in the sense that we now live in the age of updates and patches. it's not like it was decades ago, when a product was released and you got what you got. nowadays, there can be constant improvements and adjustments, and a product isn't stagnant or relegated to the state it was in upon release.

i guess what i'm saying is that ALL products come out with imperfections, and there will always be the feeling that "I paid x amount, it should be perfect", or "how come no one else saw what i saw?", but in the end, assuming the company stands by its product, there will be a fix. IF the company does it's customer base right.

Exactly. Every phone has issues but as long as the companies keep improving upon them the product gets better.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I think this situation, particularly for the Ultra, is unique. Some people are having minimal issues, while others like me have a camera that's basically unusable for shots withing ~2 ft. It's one thing if everyone is experiencing the same shortcoming, but when it's a varied experience, you get what seems like contradictory information.

I hope the second update straightens out my issues. The first one was no change. I'm considering that I may have a defective phone. Terrible time for that to happen if so.

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Very well written and a really good point. I think some people are also frustrated with how the launch went and since they spent “so much money” they expected to have no issues with any part of the device...that is just not reality these days ...but, obviously some devices are having issues we cannot ignore that...seems the S20 and S20+ are almost never complained about so it is obviously the Ultra Camera and hopefully this 2nd and future updates fixes it for people and they can be happy

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Possible 3rd camera update out now in China.

Four days after updating the TCT firmware, China updated the Galaxy S20 series firmware TD1 again, once again improving the focus, HDR, and fine-tuning the transition animation. There are other improvements to be discovered

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Possible 3rd camera update out now in China.

Four days after updating the TCT firmware, China updated the Galaxy S20 series firmware TD1 again, once again improving the focus, HDR, and fine-tuning the transition animation. There are other improvements to be discovered
Most if us don't even have the second one yet

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Most if us don't even have the second one yet

I know. The second one is rolling out to rest of the world now and looks like a 3 rd in a few weeks. I think sprint phones have gotten the 2nd update in the states. They always start with china , hong kong , korea first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech