US Unlocked Ultra - camera update rolling out !!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update on my US unlocked Ultra ... Installing !!! Using the unlocked model on Verizon.

Well done Samsung on 2 fronts, pushing immediately after international model and not waiting for all carriers for pushing to unlocked model. Bravo Samsung !!!

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G988U1/VZW/doc.html

d6e9d7b800b30cfc53e15a3cc3d7187b.jpg

9d0e38ff1d31b9d6f338b1e1a2bad14c.jpg

Last edited:

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Just got the update on my US unlocked Ultra ... Installing !!! Using the unlocked model on Verizon.

Well done Samsung on 2 fronts, pushing immediately after international model and not waiting for all carriers for pushing to unlocked model. Bravo Samsung !!!

42317c88fb9e42787cfa86894f0adced.jpg

Sprint is getting it to apparently someone posted it. This is great news

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sprint is getting it to apparently someone posted it. This is great news
Yeah saw the that, will be interesting to see how long the other carriers hold up the update. I'm guessing in few days it should reach everyone since it's already out for Sprint and US unlocked.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well bad news the focus issue doesn't seem to be fixed. On the exynos video posted the focus was quick to switch but I'm not seeing that on mine. Still struggling to get focus.

Here are sample videos showing focus issues even after update

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/B0azFndeVa8N

Edit:
On second thought may be the object is too close to adjust focus. Tried the same with my iPhone 11 pro max and it struggled to catch focus sometimes for the same objects. Let me try having the objects little farther.

Edit 2:
Still similar focus hunting or can't focus.. Don't know if it's little dark but still was more hopeful after seeing the exynos update.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/L6u7sl2GzFpN

Last edited:

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I think this was just a security update. When I clicked on learn more it doesn't say anything about camera. It says security update and improvements to performance, but it always says that with security updates.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It may be different for other people.

I got the March security update along with a camera fix the day I got my S20+ (unlocked, in the UK).

You have the exynos CPU, its different in the US. The exynos update has been rolling out for a few days.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
After you receive the update, just test the camera. I got my first update when I was going through the setup process on March 3. That was the March Security Update. My camera focus was hit or miss, very jumpy at that time.

I received this update last night, immediately tested the camera and it didn't have any of the previous issues I had focusing. However, I did notice that the update made no mention of camera fixes.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Nothing yet on my unlocked using AT&T. But that's the story of my life, I always seem to get phone updates days/weeks after everyone else does.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Callm down lol It's just the Mar security update. Got it on Verizon this morning.

I am on VZN as well and got the March security update on 2/28, when I got my new S20+, so it is not the March security update for me. At this time I cannot see what the update has brought just yet but my camera focus is much better than before

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
So judging by the past, everyone online posts getting a new update including a personal friend on the same phone and carrier, I always seem to get it three days to a week later. Don't know why I always seem to be at the end of the list to have new updates available but that's how it always seems to work for me. So I guess I can look forward to receiving the update by next Friday, lol.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Installed the update a few minutes ago. Haven't had time to test the camera yet though.
S20+ unlocked bought directly from Samsung.
This is the US Snapdragon model. Currently using it on Verizon.

97d5b144e5b919cbe2933ff5bf28652a.jpg

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
If you're on Verizon and you received an update within the last 24 hours, you got a security update. If there's a noticeable improvement in focus, the conditions may be different in your testing.

The update mentioned nothing about camera and stated it was a security update.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
If you're on Verizon and you received an update within the last 24 hours, you got a security update. If there's a noticeable improvement in focus, the conditions may be different in your testing.

The update mentioned nothing about camera and stated it was a security update.

So much confusion...lol. Includes camera update/doesn't include camera update. So unlocked vs locked doesn't matter with recieving updates? It's still carriers that roll out updates?