So I will preface this by saying I am an experienced Samsung user [last phone owned was Note 10+ some time ago] but I currently own the top dog iPhone 11 Pro Max. Having said that I have been riddled with intermittent app crashes and even system glitches that have forced a few hard resets. The latter events occurred 3x and enough to give me pause as I thought iOS was much more reliable [past experience dictated this opinion]. So the question is this: how reliable has your S20 series phone been for you? Has it been buggy at all and is the general user experience hassle free? I’m looking for excuses to ditch this iPhone so I could use the support.
    03-22-2020 01:35 PM
    I came to the Ultra from the XS Max. I decided to pass on the 11 Pro Max since the only real upgrade was the camera. I was going to wait till this year's iPhone release but I saw the S20 specs and was sold. This is my first Android since the Droid X and the time in between was all Apple.

Right now, "No Ragrets"
    03-22-2020 01:47 PM
    Exynos S20. No bugs I've noticed. Hassle-free, and based on reports on reddit threads, I'm getting better battery life than some of the other people with the bigger Exynos S20+ for some reason, my phone isn't also getting overly hot, only reaching 40C when gaming.
    03-22-2020 05:04 PM
    Exynos S20. No bugs I've noticed. Hassle-free, and based on reports on reddit threads, I'm getting better battery life than some of the other people with the bigger Exynos S20+ for some reason, my phone isn't also getting overly hot, only reaching 40C when gaming.
    That's because battery life depends on individual usage, conditions and so many factors. I never understand comparing SoTs and battery since everyone's situation of how they are using the phone is different.
    rdrive41071 likes this.
    03-22-2020 05:09 PM
    That's because battery life depends on individual usage, conditions and so many factors. I never understand comparing SoTs and battery since everyone's situation of how they are using the phone is different.
    You compare so you get an idea of what to expect. People also obviously post their usage and most used apps and how long they're used. So you know that if you have similar usage to a particular reporter, you can expect somewhere close to that.

Sometimes it's the only way to know that something is abnormally eating your battery in the background that you're not noticing.
    03-22-2020 05:26 PM
    You compare so you get an idea of what to expect. People also obviously post their usage and most used apps and how long they're used. So you know that if you have similar usage to a particular reporter, you can expect somewhere close to that.

Sometimes it's the only way to know that something is abnormally eating your battery in the background that you're not noticing.
    Fair enough, I generally compare battery life with my other devices or previous devices to get an idea since that's a better benchmark for me to compare.
    03-22-2020 05:28 PM
    Fair enough, I generally compare battery life with my other devices or previous devices to get an idea since that's a better benchmark for me to compare.
    Previous devices are only a good benchmark if you have the numbers.

For example the Snapdragon 845 was about 30% more power efficient than the 835. So you'd expect it to get that much better battery life. But you also have the confounding factors of is the antenna array used the same? Is the software optimization the same? The battery age/wear? Those things will alter the expected difference in battery life.

The better comparison would be looking at a control device then comparing several devices of identical hardware.
    03-22-2020 05:41 PM
    To be honest, don't look for excuses, merely make a choice and be happy with said choice.

For the past 4 days, I've been using an S20 Ultra. A few hiccups, but all in all, so far, so good.

Currently working on one MMS to iOS issue. Besides that, a rather solid device (ATT).
    I get what you're saying in terms of looking for excuses. I would be willing to lose money on trading the iPhone if I had some sense that the S20 experience is nowhere like this. I have just had some catastrophic crashes on this iPhone that I have never experienced on any smartphone I have owned. Example: one day it crashed in the middle of a process and it took me several hours to get the phone up and running RE: the phone would not power off or respond to any type of reset. That's kinda scary especially since it was a fresh install of apps [not from backup].
    03-22-2020 09:59 PM
    Personally, I love the Ultra. I am a pretty hardcore Note person, and the Ultra changed my mind. I still have the Note 10 Plus, but prefer the S20 Ultra. For me, it has been performing better in all aspects. I've used both the S20 Plus and S20 Ultra, ultimately decinging on the S20 Ultra. Any other time I had always gone back to the Note.
    reintgenrc and nuangel2 like this.
    03-23-2020 05:31 AM
    I agree with amy I love my ultra. Still have my note 10 +
    03-23-2020 03:41 PM
    Hey, long time Android user here who switched to an iPhone 11 in November and just went back to Android with the regular s20. TLDR version is yes, the s20 is great, very stable and smooth experience. For me it was a significant upgrade over the s10 in many ways, and solved a fatal flaw for me in that Apple Carplay keeps breaking on my 2018 Honda Accord. Happy to be back with an Android phone (and the best one you can get today) for now. More details at this post.
    03-24-2020 05:48 AM