Today I switched back to my S10 plus (ceramic). I have a hard time keeping a signal with the s20 ultra. Dropping calls constantly. I tried wifi calling and everything. Customers are complaining that they can't hear my very well either. I thought for today I'd switch back because I'm trying to make a lot of business calls due to the virus. Noticed first, definitely like the placement of the s20 ultra fingerprint reader and the s20 had superior wifi signal. Things I like more about the S10 plus are the cell signal is way better, the phone feels so much nicer in hand (more premium), and haptic feedback is better (smoother). Just thought I'd share my thoughts and see if anyone agrees.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2020 10:32 AM
    Odd about the haptic feedback. I felt the S20 definitely had a more premium and weighted haptic feedback feel than the S10 where the S10 felt like a budget device in comparison. Cell signal at home is the same for me.
    DanielLoreti likes this.
    03-23-2020 01:46 PM
    I always find it funny what people use. Haptic is the first thing I shut off on a phone
    amyf27 and Super Spartan like this.
    03-23-2020 09:20 PM
    I always find it funny what people use. Haptic is the first thing I shut off on a phone
    It feels weird to me to have no haptic, but I want it at the lowest possible level.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    03-23-2020 10:33 PM
    I do to
    03-24-2020 05:34 AM
    But but everyone was saying that the removal of the headphone jack was to provide more room for better haptic feedback but you guys don't use it anyway? I say we hang these infidels for making us lose the headphone jack for no good reason. lol.

Maybe because I grew up on computers and mechanical keyboards why I like having haptic feedback on a touch screen. Without haptic feedback touch screens just feel too smooth and numb. Then again, a good share of the population does drugs to feel numb. Me, I like to just feel.
    03-24-2020 06:12 AM
    But but everyone was saying that the removal of the headphone jack was to provide more room for better haptic feedback but you guys don't use it anyway? I say we hang these infidels for making us lose the headphone jack for no good reason. lol.

Maybe because I grew up on computers and mechanical keyboards why I like having haptic feedback on a touch screen. Without haptic feedback touch screens just feel too smooth and numb. Then again, a good share of the population does drugs to feel numb. Me, I like to just feel.
    The loss of the headphone jack also allowed for a bigger battery though. I went from the S9 to the regular S20. They're practically the same size except for like a little more taller on the S20 but it's got 1000mah more battery.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-24-2020 07:29 AM
    I for one never cared about the headphone jack for a long time and could care less about that. But I do understand if people heavily relied on that for various reasons and need that.

At least you still have some options with V60 and Xperia 1 II
    03-24-2020 11:09 AM
    I for one never cared about the headphone jack for a long time and could care less about that. But I do understand if people heavily relied on that for various reasons and need that.

At least you still have some options with V60 and Xperia 1 II
    I sucked it up and got a dongle with a headphone jack and charge port. Works great in my truck and sound quality sounds the same in the vehicle. The dongle is actually cool, now I only have to plug the single connector of the dongle into the phone instead of a separate charge and headphone cable that just stays permanently plugged into the dongle now. My only complaint is that its added cost on top of the device out of the box but once you have the dongle I guess it's a one time expense and you can reuse it over and over with each new phone going forward so not a show stopper as long as they continue to work going forward.
    03-26-2020 12:19 PM
    I sucked it up and got a dongle with a headphone jack and charge port. Works great in my truck and sound quality sounds the same in the vehicle. The dongle is actually cool, now I only have to plug the single connector of the dongle into the phone instead of a separate charge and headphone cable that just stays permanently plugged into the dongle now. My only complaint is that its added cost on top of the device out of the box but once you have the dongle I guess it's a one time expense and you can reuse it over and over with each new phone going forward so not a show stopper as long as they continue to work going forward.
    Be careful with those dual port dongles. Samsung put out a warning not to use them on the Note 10 series due to possible overheating.
    03-28-2020 10:19 AM
    Be careful with those dual port dongles. Samsung put out a warning not to use them on the Note 10 series due to possible overheating.
    What overheats? The phone or dongle? I've only used it for about 30 minutes at a time in my truck but I haven't noticed any heat issues. That warmest I've felt the phone is when wireless charging.
    04-02-2020 09:02 AM
    What overheats? The phone or dongle? I've only used it for about 30 minutes at a time in my truck but I haven't noticed any heat issues. That warmest I've felt the phone is when wireless charging.
    The phone. It was a warning in the Samsung Members App. It was on the front page for a good long while. Not sure if it's even still an issue or not. Samsung could've done something in one of the software updates to address it. I just remembered it was there and wanted to pass it along.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-02-2020 09:10 AM