Issues with sending MMS?

grosx2

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
Has anyone ever had any issues sending MMS messages, or know how to fix an issue like that?

My last phone was an S7 Edge on Sprint, and I didn't have this issue to my knowledge. Now I have the S20 Ultra on AT&T and several people have mentioned that the pic I was sending didn't come through. I don't get any type of "fail to send" alert, everything looks normal on my end, but the recipient will only get the text, but not the pic or short video clip that I also sent.

Obviously this is a major issue that needs to be fixed immediately, as it inhibits my ability to communicate effectively. Before I call AT&T, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this type of issue.

A little more info that might be relevant: I live in Chicago, so would expect all the major carriers to have outstanding service. Also, the problem seems to occur regardless of whether I am on Wi-Fi or the AT&T network. Typically the pic or video will eventually arrive, but anywhere from minutes to hours after the message was sent.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe Att has been affected the most. There's a lot of chatter on here and on Reddit about Att's issues with MMS these last few weeks.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if it's still the bug in wificalling enabled.

That's what I initially thought too, bc of the issues that plagued the S10 lineup on Att, but some MMS won't come through, or send correctly no matter what network it's using.

Turning off LTE and forcing 4G is the only way I can get them to send or receive sometimes.

I guess Att's LTE network is so bogged down, they just can't keep up with the demand. Which is why I have said all along that I wish carriers would perfect their LTE networks & infrastructure, then develope 5G.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's what I initially thought too, bc of the issues that plagued the S10 lineup on Att, but some MMS won't come through, or send correctly no matter what network it's using.

Turning off LTE and forcing 4G is the only way I can get them to send or receive sometimes.

I guess Att's LTE network is so bogged down, they just can't keep up with the demand. Which is why I have said all along that I wish carriers would perfect their LTE networks & infrastructure, then develope 5G.
True looks like bunch of other carriers also

bambam3k

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
Amazing, EXACT same issue...switched from Sprint with no issues after 20 years to AT&T since I moved and they had better coverage...got S20 on Sunday a week ago I currently have 212 messages waiting to be downloaded. I have used the factory messages...the Google messages to another 3rd party to no avail. AT&T is NOT addressing it at all and you can't call...I have chatted with google techs as well as samsung techs BOTH have said this is a CARRIER issue. Understanding the times I would have some compassion however NOT addressing it in these times is very frustrating. AT THE LEAST ATT should address the issue...bad customer service and I was sure to let every forum and company know

bambam3k

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
100% their fault, I dealt with google and samsung techs they did everything known to man...none of my other people are having this issue

bambam3k

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
Wonder if it's still the bug in wificalling enabled.

I am at my job and all 212 of my texts came through when I looked at the wifi there was a little + sign next to the wifi that I had never seen before and it downloaded all texts from a week ago. I have no clue what is the deal with my home wifi or regular data

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Everyone should take to Twitter and blast ATT. I had the same issue 2 days ago. I'm using android messages and it's still not working right for me. I lost the rms function all together I have entered the info it asks for and still nothing
86972fa0e958122f792de8acbd6371a7.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am at my job and all 212 of my texts came through when I looked at the wifi there was a little + sign next to the wifi that I had never seen before and it downloaded all texts from a week ago. I have no clue what is the deal with my home wifi or regular data
Can try go settings >general management>reset>reset network see if that helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay