Ultra Bluetooth volume is trash

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Moved from an S8 to the Ultra on release day. Haven't been happy with the Bluetooth volume since. The Ultra is much lower on Max volume.

It's low in my truck (13"JL Audio sub) and low on the buds+.

What an I missing here? I'm missing my 8 now.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Moved from an S8 to the Ultra on release day. Haven't been happy with the Bluetooth volume since. The Ultra is much lower on Max volume.

I have an S8, Note 9 and Ultra. My Ultra is way better.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

Make sure Dolby Atmos it's enabled and check in the Dolby settings that it's set to your preferred listening.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't see a preferred listening option?
When you long press on Dolby from the quick panel you'll get options.
79acd9139827bff7523b969fe31211f9.jpg

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Also within Good Lock from the Samsung App Store if you go to the family tab at the bottom you have the option to install Sound Assistant which can give you more control over sound and how it's displayed when you press the volume buttons.

https://youtu.be/S7JA9IQzY_s

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

My Ultra is very loud so something isn't right

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I think there's actuality an issue with Bluetooth on this phone tbh. My Airpods will have poor max volume when I use them then the next time they'll go right up to ear busting. I've found that if the max volume is poor I then disconnect and reconnect them it'll fix them.

Also try toggling the 'Disable Absolute Volume' setting in Developer Settings. That definitely has an effect on the volume depending on your device

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think there's actuality an issue with Bluetooth on this phone tbh. My Airpods will have poor max volume when I use them then the next time they'll go right up to ear busting. I've found that if the max volume is poor I then disconnect and reconnect them it'll fix them.

Also try toggling the 'Disable Absolute Volume' setting in Developer Settings. That definitely has an effect on the volume depending on your device
Is it just with your Airpods? I don't have any issues with 3 different Bluetooth devices or my vehicle. You shouldn't have to go into developer options to fix an audio issue.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Is it just with your Airpods? I don't have any issues with 3 different Bluetooth devices or my vehicle. You shouldn't have to go into developer options to fix an audio issue.

Just the Airpods for me so far. No issues with them on my Mate 20 Pro or Pixel 3 xl so definitely not playing nice with the Ultra. I've read about a lot of people having to toggle the Absolute Volume either off or on with the Galaxy Buds too and that's where I got the tip to try myself. Like I said before though. Simply disconnecting them then reconnecting in the drop down bluetooth settings normally fixes it if and when it happens. I've still to find a pattern to when it will happen too

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Volume has been normal using my Sony WH-1000XM3. My disappointment is that I still can't stream LDAC above the 660kbps setting. I was hoping to be able to stream at the full 990kbps setting going from the S10 to S20. But this could be the headphones fault and not necessarily the phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12