So curious. I decided to reset my phone today and afterwards I noticed my fps was working great finally. Then the software update rolled in tonight and now I can't even register a finger print. So I'm curious if the update is screwing with my fps. When I got to register no matter where I put my finger it keeps saying "cover the whole sensor" even tho I am.
    03-25-2020 10:42 PM
    So curious. I decided to reset my phone today and afterwards I noticed my fps was working great finally. Then the software update rolled in tonight and now I can't even register a finger print. So I'm curious if the update is screwing with my fps. When I got to register no matter where I put my finger it keeps saying "cover the whole sensor" even tho I am.
    So after you reset you recorded new prints if I read you correctly. Then an update came and you tried to record more prints? The FPS is controlled by software but an update shouldn't affect it. Are you referring to the camera update?
    03-25-2020 11:03 PM
    So after you reset you recorded new prints if I read you correctly. Then an update came and you tried to record more prints? The FPS is controlled by software but an update shouldn't affect it. Are you referring to the camera update?
    All I know is, is I factory reset my phone and registered my fps and the sensor worked great all day. Once I got home and the newest update pushed through my fps wasn't working again and I can't even register my fp. Every time I try is tells me to make sure I'm covering the whole sensor which I am. I reset it bc the fps and face unlock were giving me issues. And yeah I guess the newest update that came out for the unlocked us version.
    03-25-2020 11:22 PM
    Beth, I wouldn't do a reset again but I would suggest that you delete all existing fingerprints & start fresh. Maybe you have already done this & it failed? Yes, the software update could have screwed FPS up. Good Luck.
    03-25-2020 11:39 PM
    Yeah I'm going to reset it again bc I did delete but it won't let me register them again.
    03-26-2020 12:17 AM
    yep just reset again and it'll not let me register a finger print at all the update did something to it on my phone
    03-26-2020 12:30 AM
    All I know is, is I factory reset my phone and registered my fps and the sensor worked great all day. Once I got home and the newest update pushed through my fps wasn't working again and I can't even register my fp. Every time I try is tells me to make sure I'm covering the whole sensor which I am. I reset it bc the fps and face unlock were giving me issues. And yeah I guess the newest update that came out for the unlocked us version.
    Did you perform the first reset you did is because you were having problems with FPS and face unlock?
    03-26-2020 07:37 AM
    Do you still have the screen protector on? I removed mine and found the fps to be more responsive...might help
    03-26-2020 07:49 AM
    Do you still have the screen protector on? I removed mine and found the fps to be more responsive...might help
    It shouldn't prevent recording prints
    03-26-2020 10:34 AM