News Break app - cannot find to remove

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
When I installed the T-Mobile Tuesday app on my s20+ I clicked through a dialogue box for additional apps and missed unchecking the News Break app. The notifications are killing me. I have been unsuccessful at finding the app to get rid of it. When the notification pops up I even tried to turn off notifications but the app doesn't show up. This is insane. The absolute worse news app to start with and now I can't even find it to get rid of it. Can anyone help me?

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
It is not in Settings>Apps. I've looked several times...not there. I can't find it in my list of apps either. I tried the play store and the only option is to install, even though it is already installed as I am getting the notifications. I decided to select Install from the play store just now. I can now find it in my list of apps so I did the uninstall. Now I will see if it comes back. This has been one of the strangest app issues I've encountered.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Any chance you use Samsung daily? News break is one of the sources which can be displayed as Samsung daily card. You can try disabling there if you are using Samsung daily to see if that helps.

0656357003c296692b1fd7ad8289224f.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm little confused with OP saying that tmobile Tuesday added some apps , as I have that app and didn't see this happen.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm little confused with OP saying that tmobile Tuesday added some apps , as I have that app and didn't see this happen.

I don't know what they were referring to either, but I have the News Break app and I just uninstalled it from the Galaxy store.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't know what they were referring to either, but I have the News Break app and I just uninstalled it from the Galaxy store.
That was the old Bixby news now its Samsung daily with those cards , yeah definitely can uninstall but not making sense that came from tmobile Tuesday app

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
You look in the app settings itself turn notifications off in tmobile Tuesdays?

I leave tmobile tuesday notifications on. I never got the News Break notifications before. I looked in the app anyway to see if it had anything about News Break and nothing. The notifications are back. :(

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I leave tmobile tuesday notifications on. I never got the News Break notifications before. I looked in the app anyway to see if it had anything about News Break and nothing. The notifications are back. :(
Can you post a screenshot of the notification , just block personal information ?

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Any chance you use Samsung daily? News break is one of the sources which can be displayed as Samsung daily card. You can try disabling there if you are using Samsung daily to see if that helps.

I don't use Samsung Daily however, it is installed and notifications are blocked.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you already try going to the Galaxy Apps Store and see if there's an option to uninstall there?

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site

Yes! It had the tmobile Tues which is all I wanted to install. One of the half dozen pages of apps had the News Break on it. I realized I still had it checked when I skipped forward and it installed. I thought I would get rid of it later but I couldn't find it. I just looked under settings again and found the AppSelector app but it doesn't have anything about News Break.

20200326_190519.jpg

I'm pulling out my hair...hopefully just the gray ones...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol