Just got the S20 Ultra Camera update for the T-Mobile carrier locked version

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Is that the same update as the one I just got? Because this one says nothing about the camera and says it's just a security update

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200327-005122_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20200327-005122_Software update.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 28

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
I just got it too, but it says March security update and when I check my software it says it shows I already have March security update installed?

rcab

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got it this morning also and saw no indication it was anything other than security patch. Side note this morning the signal in my house changed from 5G to 4G.

rcab

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
did restart and 5G came back. this morning 122 speed. In NW Indiana near Chicago. 5G speeds been running between 82 and 115 since getting the phone last week

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Cause most likely that ain't the camera fix

I agree. I'm on a locked TMobile s20 ultra, and I got the update last night/early this morning. If it's rolling out to unlocked phones first, and was only recently announced, why are people so quick to think this was the update? Especially when 99.8% of the time, people are acknowledging how slow carriers and manufacturers are to roll out updates? Now all of a sudden we are willing to believe this update came quicker than expected, and in a way that wasn't what was announced?

People wanting it to be the camera update Samsung has announced are probably suffering from the placebo effect, because my camera focus is exactly the same.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I'm on a locked TMobile s20 ultra, and I got the update last night/early this morning. If it's rolling out to unlocked phones first, and was only recently announced, why are people so quick to think this was the update? Especially when 99.8% of the time, people are acknowledging how slow carriers and manufacturers are to roll out updates? Now all of a sudden we are willing to believe this update came quicker than expected, and in a way that wasn't what was announced?

People wanting it to be the camera update Samsung has announced are probably suffering from the placebo effect, because my camera focus is exactly the same.
Because the camera app did get updated with this new update. I have the unlocked version, using TMobile sim. While the others that have the unlocked version but on Verizon sim card started getting the new update days ago, others and I that also have the unlocked version, but on T-Mobile SIM, haven't gotten the update yet. Last night, when it went live for the carrier locked s20, it also became available for the unlocked versions using TMobile sim

My autofocusing is also much better

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site

That version of the camera app has been available in other firmware for other carriers. So , maybe it is just new to T-mobile.

I got the 10.0.1.98 version of the camera app a few days ago. It seems has helped the focusing issues in some conditions. But it still struggles in other conditions compared to my S10+. See below...

Here is a quick comparison I shot last night while heading up to bed:
S20 Ultra:
20200326_234203.jpg
- The S20 Ultra focus couldn't lock on for this picture at this moment.

S10+:
20200326_234259.jpg

One observation so far is that the S20 Ultra sometimes is able to lock on to the subject initially, but then it goes in out of focus repeatedly. Where as the S10+ just locks on and stays locked. Has anyone else noticed this with the 10.0.1.98 version of the camera app?

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Because the camera app did get updated with this new update. I have the unlocked version, using TMobile sim. While the others that have the unlocked version but on Verizon sim card started getting the new update days ago, others and I that also have the unlocked version, but on T-Mobile SIM, haven't gotten the update yet. Last night, when it went live for the carrier locked s20, it also became available for the unlocked versions using TMobile sim

My autofocusing is also much better

Yes. I get that people got SOMETHING, but like I said, my phone is NOT unlocked. So how did I get it? All articles, all reports and all signs pointed to UNlocked phones getting something first, with carriers getting it later. All I'm saying is that while I concede there was an update, all I'm asking is, with all the conflicting information, it there a possibility that it's not the update?