S20 Ultra ... headaches?

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Have anyone experienced getting headaches from the S20 Ultra or any of the S20 line of devices?

I had mine since launch and all of a sudden started experiencing minor headaches. But today, I got a really bad one...to the point where I had to go lay down.

I'm assuming it may have something to do with eye strain, but I'm not sure.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this before.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Covid19?
Get yourself checked bro, my S20 Ultra is saving me headaches to tell you the truth.
Nah..not Covid19 ....

Its probably cause I'm always on the phone messing around with it ..lol. I usually run with auto brightness turned on. But today, I turned it off and manually turned the brightness up some and it definitely gets bright. I read a few people turn auto brightness off and turn their brightness up. So i decided to give that a try and is probably the reason I got these headaches today.

big samm

Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
Nah..not Covid19 ....

Its probably cause I'm always on the phone messing around with it ..lol. I usually run with auto brightness turned on. But today, I turned it off and manually turned the brightness up some and it definitely gets bright. I read a few people turn auto brightness off and turn their brightness up. So i decided to give that a try and is probably the reason I got these headaches today.
Lol all good. Im usually sensitive to light when i have one of those big migraines

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Have anyone experienced getting headaches from the S20 Ultra or any of the S20 line of devices?

I had mine since launch and all of a sudden started experiencing minor headaches. But today, I got a really bad one...to the point where I had to go lay down.

There's a blue light filter in display settings that may help. It's mostly designed for next night time but it may help during the day also.Screenshot_20200329-082946_Settings.jpeg

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Could be a number of reasons and have seen posts like this with s8, 9, 10 that effects certain people. PWM?

https://www.valuewalk.com/2018/08/galaxy-note-9-display-flickering-issue/
Thanks for the read. My wife is a a nurse and She read the article with me. She said that it did make sense. Especially in my case because I do have sensitive eyes and eye strain.

It's strange too because yesterday I was on the phone a few times, scrolling through twitter, emails etc and the screen did flicker a few times. In fact, I turned on the video recorder app on to record it. I thought it was defect with the phone, so I was going to exchange it for a different Ultra. But now, I may have to get something different all together.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Try some of these tips see if they help

https://www.theraspecs.com/blog/12-smartphone-hacks-headache-and-migraine-free-mobile/

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am not a doctor, but I think the headaches you are experiencing may be due to other situations, in addition to potential eye strain from using your phone. I get eye strain headaches sometimes too. Frustrating, for sure!

Is it raining a lot where you are? I get headaches when the barometric pressure drops.

If you are stressed, you may experience headaches.

If you are dehydrated or hungry, you may get headaches as well (this happens to me often).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, correlation does not equal causation. It may not be your new phone, specifically - it could be other things. We are living in very stressful times right now - getting headaches and feeling overwhelmed are definitely a part of that.

Keep well, drink water, and take a breath. If you need anything, we are here. :)

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for your advise. A lot of things can bring a headache on for sure. However, the only thing that has changed with my daily activity is my new phone. Which I have been on a lot, to say the least.

Today I have turned on 6 features within the Settings app that may be able to help me with this situation. I'm also going to limit my use of being on the phone a lot today as well and see if that helps.

customshopkv1

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
I am not a doctor, but I think the headaches you are experiencing may be due to other situations, in addition to potential eye strain from using your phone. I get eye strain headaches sometimes too. Frustrating, for sure!

Is it raining a lot where you are? I get headaches when the barometric pressure drops.

If you are stressed, you may experience headaches.

If you are dehydrated or hungry, you may get headaches as well (this happens to me often).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, correlation does not equal causation. It may not be your new phone, specifically - it could be other things. We are living in very stressful times right now - getting headaches and feeling overwhelmed are definitely a part of that.

Keep well, drink water, and take a breath. If you need anything, we are here. :)
Indeed, stress is my biggest headache initiator. I'll get this pain from my left trap up my neck to the back of my head. I've had such stressful days combined with that pain where I will just have to disappear for a while.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your advise. A lot of things can bring a headache on for sure. However, the only thing that has changed with my daily activity is my new phone. Which I have been on a lot, to say the least.

Today I have turned on 6 features within the Settings app that may be able to help me with this situation. I'm also going to limit my use of being on the phone a lot today as well and see if that helps.

Please keep us posted on how you are feeling!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Indeed, stress is my biggest headache initiator. I'll get this pain from my left trap up my neck to the back of my head. I've had such stressful days combined with that pain where I will just have to disappear for a while.

Are you keeping hydrated? Keep us posted on how you are doing!

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I am staying hydrated and I'm doing good so far.

I turned the display down, set the refresh rate to 60mhz and turned on the blue light filter and so far so good. I'm a officer so I'm getting ready to head into work for a 12hr shift. So hopefully one of those headaches don't sneak up on me.