Unlocked software

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Recently was able to get my T-Mobile S20 ultra unlocked to use my Verizon sim. Was pleasantly surprised that it didn't load Verizons carrier software like older models, but I can't help but wonder if I'd do better with unlocked firmware instead of the T-Mobile one that's currently on. Now that my phone is fully unlocked how do I flash the unlocked firmware?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Tmobile vs unlocked I found not much difference battery wise and performance.

You want to flash to unlock just grab latest prince comsey Odin , samfirm tool for the firmware and flash whole thing shouldn't take more then 15 to 20 minutes

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. It's a T-Mobile variant but using Verizon sim in it now. Definitely don't want Verizons software, but won't to see if the unlock allows me to get 5G that's supposedly in my area.
Tmobile vs unlocked I found not much difference battery wise and performance.

You want to flash to unlock just grab latest prince comsey Odin , samfirm tool for the firmware and flash whole thing shouldn't take more then 15 to 20 minutes

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. It's a T-Mobile variant but using Verizon sim in it now. Definitely don't want Verizons software, but won't to see if the unlock allows me to get 5G that's supposedly in my area.
Your welcome!
That you should be able see on carrier or unlocked version.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yea I'm on the UDP plan which supposedly isn't eligible to even use 5G so probably wouldn't see it anyway. I'm just bored and need something to do lol...
Well that's a different story lol
Yeah like I mentioned above that's how you'll flash to unlocked version