Wheres the 5G on my Sprint GS20 Ultra

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Since we learned that Sprint has been acquired by T-mobile. My 5G service hasn't been on at all. The 5G logo won't come on at all I've checked mobile networks and its set at automatic and even changed it to 5G/4G and nothing. Has anyone esle been experiencing this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Even though sprint customers haven't been integrated. Looks like the 5G service is down on sprint. Ever since last week the 5G signal is gone. Ive had this phone a week before the release date. Now its completely gone.
Oh wow , what I heard everything for now will be like it is with Sprint it's branding on the phone and updates but will be fully integrated as one at 3 year mark . I'm not sure why not showing 5G on your phone but possible could be down I'm sure all this is going be messy at beginning stages .

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow , what I heard everything for now will be like it is with Sprint it's branding on the phone and updates but will be fully integrated as one at 3 year mark . I'm not sure why not showing 5G on your phone but possible could be down I'm sure all this is going be messy at beginning stages .

Not cool as a sprint customer or tmobile now I expect full service. I'm laying a premium plan on sprint for 5g. I will reach out to customer service because what's the point in advertising 5G if we dont have it.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Is there a higher charge on your plan for 5G service?? Or are you saying you are expecting 5G service because you have a 5G phone?

Did you have 5G service working on Sprint before the merger? Where do you live? Do you live in one of the 9 locations/states that they offer 5?

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTCID=LP:ALL:5G:Coverage

I live in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and map shows no 5G coverage. Not surprised... as long as I can remember, as far back as owning an iPhone 1, Sprint has sucked at least in Florida.

Not cool as a sprint customer or tmobile now I expect full service. I'm laying a premium plan on sprint for 5g. I will reach out to customer service because what's the point in advertising 5G if we dont have it.

Last edited:

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Since we learned that Sprint has been acquired by T-mobile. My 5G service hasn't been on at all. The 5G logo won't come on at all I've checked mobile networks and its set at automatic and even changed it to 5G/4G and nothing. Has anyone esle been experiencing this.
Where are you located? Is it for sure a Sprint 5G market? My 5G was working fine on my LG V50 on Friday in KC.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, KC is one of the nine they specifically list on their site...

Atlanta
Chicago
Dallas-Fort Worth
Houston
Kansas City
Los Angeles
New York
Phoenix
Washington, D.C.

Grabber, curious does Sprint have a separate plan/rate/charge for 5G or is it your basic unlimited 4G or any band??

Where are you located? Is it for sure a Sprint 5G market? My 5G was working fine on my LG V50 on Friday in KC.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Is there a higher charge on your plan for 5G service?? Or are you saying you are expecting 5G service because you have a 5G phone?

Did you have 5G service working on Sprint before the merger? Where do you live? Do you live in one of the 9 locations/states that they offer 5?

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTCID=LP:ALL:5G:Coverage

I live in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and map shows no 5G coverage. Not surprised... as long as I can remember, as far back as owning an iPhone 1, Sprint has sucked at least in Florida.

Yes I have a premium plan for 5G and it worked before the meter. I live in NYC Queens. The service has worked since last year I had the S10 5G and now this past week the service is shut down. They told me just now its because of how many people are using the service. So I'm basically thinking how is that possible TMobile absorbs sprint so wouldn't that mean a string signal. They said they will have the issue resolved in 24 hours.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, KC is one of the nine they specifically list on their site...

Atlanta
Chicago
Dallas-Fort Worth
Houston
Kansas City
Los Angeles
New York
Phoenix
Washington, D.C.

Grabber, curious does Sprint have a separate plan/rate/charge for 5G or is it your basic unlimited 4G or any band??

Its a premium Plan that is needed for 5G service.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for info. Ugh, a premium plan eh?? I don't have a 5G phone yet hope they don't do that on AT&T or Verizon but if they haven't already wouldnt be surprised if they do. I have two 5G mifi's... one Verizon and one AT&T and at least for mifi's they haven't forced a premium plan.

Yes I have a premium plan for 5G and it worked before the meter. I live in NYC Queens. The service has worked since last year I had the S10 5G and now this past week the service is shut down. They told me just now its because of how many people are using the service. So I'm basically thinking how is that possible TMobile absorbs sprint so wouldn't that mean a string signal. They said they will have the issue resolved in 24 hours.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for info. Ugh, a premium plan eh?? I don't have a 5G phone yet hope they don't do that on AT&T or Verizon but if they haven't already wouldnt be surprised if they do. I have two 5G mifi's... one Verizon and one AT&T and at least for mifi's they haven't forced a premium plan.

Yea I didn't want to but it comes with 100GB of hotpot and free Hulu and Amazon prime. But what I don't like is that it went down since last week.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yea I didn't want to but it comes with 100GB of hotpot and free Hulu and Amazon prime. But what I don't like is that it went down since last week.

Hope you asked for credit for downtime when you called. I know it's a pain and I probably woulnt waste time if only a day or twic but you've been down foe a week.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here in the DC area. I just noticed it yesterday because I've been on wifi mostly until I went to pick up some food and dropped off my network.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint - the rep claimed it was a tower issue that would be resolved by 12 noon today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs