No 512 GB Ultras

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung.com website order page shows "Out of Stock" for the Ultra 512 GB with all carriers.

Has Samsung stopped making this one?
They come and go in batches. It was out of stock after initial pre order. Then again they had some stock couple of weeks after launch but went out of stock again. Unfortunately there isn't any timeline on when they come into stock. Your best bet is to check frequently to see when they are available.

To answer your question they are still making them but probably in very small quantities and limited distribution channel.

For example, you can order the 512 GB US unlocked model on Amazon and they say in stock on May 14. Probably that's a conservative date but it's going to be few weeks wait at minimum I believe.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082XXR64...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6771235

DUTCH VanAtlanta

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
AT&T removed any reference of 512GB from their site.

I see that. I wonder if Samsung is having a hard time making the 16 GB RAM used in the 512 GB.

I was planning to buy an ATT 512 GB, but it looks like I'll have to get an unlocked model when they're available and use my ATT SIM in it. I think I'll lose Web calling, but so be it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I see that. I wonder if Samsung is having a hard time making the 16 GB RAM used in the 512 GB.

I was planning to buy an ATT 512 GB, but it looks like I'll have to get an unlocked model when they're available and use my ATT SIM in it. I think I'll lose Web calling, but so be it.
You are getting the better version anyway but if you want AT&T firmware you can flash AT&T firmware on your unlocked 512 GB model after you get. It'll then become the AT&T firmware phone and behave just like an AT&T model with the all the AT&T crap and also WiFi calling on AT&T or whatever additional AT&T related things. On other carriers, US unlocked model doesn have most carrier features working but AT&T seems to be living in the past.

DUTCH VanAtlanta

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
Congrats looks like that's the version you wanted anyway.

I just may wait. In reading about the WiFi calling, I'm not sure it's worth putting up with the rest of the ATT junk.

I currently have an ancient unlocked HTC 10, and 4G LTE is not available on it. I wonder if one has to have the ATT branded Ultra to be able to get 4G LTE. I have no need or use for 5G.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How about 4G LTE? Does it require an ATT firmware phone? Keep in mind I'm coming from an ancient history unlocked HTC 10 that cannot access it.
You will get 5G/4G LTE etc on all carriers with US unlocked model. You'll not have any issues other than WiFi calling, VoLTE or other carrier related things since crappy AT&T doesn't allow them on US unlocked model. They probably want you to buy their junk filled version. On other carriers those things work as well. But in terms of connectivity like 3G/4G LTE/5G etc they work fine on the US unlocked model on all carriers. The hardware is same on all carrier variants and unlocked model.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
You will get 5G/4G LTE etc on all carriers with US unlocked model. You'll not have any issues other than WiFi calling, VoLTE or other carrier related things since crappy AT&T doesn't allow them on US unlocked model. They probably want you to buy their junk filled version. On other carriers those things work as well. But in terms of connectivity like 3G/4G LTE/5G etc they work fine on the US unlocked model on all carriers. The hardware is same on all carrier variants and unlocked model.

VoLTE is working fine on AT&T on my unlocked S20+ and Ultra. The only thing missing this go around is wifi calling.

DUTCH VanAtlanta

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
Sammy's website order page is out of the 512 GB Ultras for unlocked and all carriers. BH Photo also has none. It's been this way for over a week. I wonder if they're having a hard time producing them.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sammy's website order page is out of the 512 GB Ultras for unlocked and all carriers. BH Photo also has none. It's been this way for over a week. I wonder if they're having a hard time producing them.
I think they underestimated sales of the Ultra and there could be some production issues

DUTCH VanAtlanta

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
WOW!! Rude Samsung E-Commerce phone representative!

I called to find out when an S20 Ultra 512GB might be available to purchase. After he checked inventory, he came back and said that there were none in stock; and there is no estimation of when it might be back in stock.

When I started to make a comment about Samsung's low sales numbers for the S20 and not having it in stock to sell for several weeks, he responded: "Thank you for calling Samsung" and HUNG up on me before I could even complete my sentence.

Not nice!! Maybe I need to rethink my purchase of this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech