05-20-2020 05:51 AM
53 123
tools
    The Samsung.com website order page shows "Out of Stock" for the Ultra 512 GB with all carriers.

Has Samsung stopped making this one?
    04-07-2020 10:59 AM
    The Samsung.com website order page shows "Out of Stock" for the Ultra 512 GB with all carriers.

Has Samsung stopped making this one?
    They come and go in batches. It was out of stock after initial pre order. Then again they had some stock couple of weeks after launch but went out of stock again. Unfortunately there isn't any timeline on when they come into stock. Your best bet is to check frequently to see when they are available.

To answer your question they are still making them but probably in very small quantities and limited distribution channel.

For example, you can order the 512 GB US unlocked model on Amazon and they say in stock on May 14. Probably that's a conservative date but it's going to be few weeks wait at minimum I believe.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082XXR64K...cUvbUpU6771235
    DUTCH VanAtlanta likes this.
    04-07-2020 11:12 AM
    I'm so upset that Sprint doesn't have the larger storage.
    04-07-2020 05:51 PM
    I got one from Best Buy for Verizon but that was a while ago.
    04-07-2020 07:52 PM
    I'm so upset that Sprint doesn't have the larger storage.
    I pre ordered mine.

No 512 GB Ultras-screenshot_20200407-205520_my-files.jpg
    04-07-2020 08:00 PM
    AT&T removed any reference of 512GB from their site.
    04-08-2020 10:47 AM
    AT&T removed any reference of 512GB from their site.
    I see that. I wonder if Samsung is having a hard time making the 16 GB RAM used in the 512 GB.

I was planning to buy an ATT 512 GB, but it looks like I'll have to get an unlocked model when they're available and use my ATT SIM in it. I think I'll lose Web calling, but so be it.
    04-08-2020 05:22 PM
    I see that. I wonder if Samsung is having a hard time making the 16 GB RAM used in the 512 GB.

I was planning to buy an ATT 512 GB, but it looks like I'll have to get an unlocked model when they're available and use my ATT SIM in it. I think I'll lose Web calling, but so be it.
    You are getting the better version anyway but if you want AT&T firmware you can flash AT&T firmware on your unlocked 512 GB model after you get. It'll then become the AT&T firmware phone and behave just like an AT&T model with the all the AT&T crap and also WiFi calling on AT&T or whatever additional AT&T related things. On other carriers, US unlocked model doesn have most carrier features working but AT&T seems to be living in the past.
    04-08-2020 07:10 PM
    The ATT 512GB Ultra is back in stock on the Samsung.com website. The Unlocked 512GB version is still NOT in stock.
    04-09-2020 07:22 AM
    The ATT 512GB Ultra is back in stock on the Samsung.com website. The Unlocked 512GB version is still NOT in stock.
    Congrats looks like that's the version you wanted anyway.
    04-09-2020 11:56 AM
    Congrats looks like that's the version you wanted anyway.
    I just may wait. In reading about the WiFi calling, I'm not sure it's worth putting up with the rest of the ATT junk.

I currently have an ancient unlocked HTC 10, and 4G LTE is not available on it. I wonder if one has to have the ATT branded Ultra to be able to get 4G LTE. I have no need or use for 5G.
    bhatech likes this.
    04-09-2020 12:56 PM
    I just may wait. In reading about the WiFi calling, I'm not sure it's worth putting up with the rest of the ATT junk.
    Good decision
    04-09-2020 12:57 PM
    Good decision
    How about 4G LTE? Does it require an ATT firmware phone? Keep in mind I'm coming from an ancient history unlocked HTC 10 on ATT that cannot access it; so I'm a real dummy when it comes to all the technicals.
    04-09-2020 01:05 PM
    How about 4G LTE? Does it require an ATT firmware phone? Keep in mind I'm coming from an ancient history unlocked HTC 10 that cannot access it.
    You will get 5G/4G LTE etc on all carriers with US unlocked model. You'll not have any issues other than WiFi calling, VoLTE or other carrier related things since crappy AT&T doesn't allow them on US unlocked model. They probably want you to buy their junk filled version. On other carriers those things work as well. But in terms of connectivity like 3G/4G LTE/5G etc they work fine on the US unlocked model on all carriers. The hardware is same on all carrier variants and unlocked model.
    04-09-2020 01:10 PM
    You will get 5G/4G LTE etc on all carriers with US unlocked model. You'll not have any issues other than WiFi calling, VoLTE or other carrier related things since crappy AT&T doesn't allow them on US unlocked model. They probably want you to buy their junk filled version. On other carriers those things work as well. But in terms of connectivity like 3G/4G LTE/5G etc they work fine on the US unlocked model on all carriers. The hardware is same on all carrier variants and unlocked model.
    VoLTE is working fine on AT&T on my unlocked S20+ and Ultra. The only thing missing this go around is wifi calling.
    bhatech likes this.
    04-09-2020 02:38 PM
    VoLTE is working fine on AT&T on my unlocked S20+ and Ultra. The only thing missing this go around is wifi calling.
    Nice good to know
    aggie likes this.
    04-09-2020 02:40 PM
    Sammy's website order page is out of the 512 GB Ultras for unlocked and all carriers. BH Photo also has none. It's been this way for over a week. I wonder if they're having a hard time producing them.
    04-28-2020 08:54 AM
    Sammy's website order page is out of the 512 GB Ultras for unlocked and all carriers. BH Photo also has none. It's been this way for over a week. I wonder if they're having a hard time producing them.
    I think they underestimated sales of the Ultra and there could be some production issues
    04-28-2020 09:11 AM
    Also there may have been delays due to Covid.
    04-28-2020 09:46 AM
    WOW!! Rude Samsung E-Commerce phone representative!

I called to find out when an S20 Ultra 512GB might be available to purchase. After he checked inventory, he came back and said that there were none in stock; and there is no estimation of when it might be back in stock.

When I started to make a comment about Samsung's low sales numbers for the S20 and not having it in stock to sell for several weeks, he responded: "Thank you for calling Samsung" and HUNG up on me before I could even complete my sentence.

Not nice!! Maybe I need to rethink my purchase of this phone.
    05-05-2020 01:05 PM
    WOW!! Rude Samsung E-Commerce phone representative!

I called to find out when an S20 Ultra 512GB might be available to purchase. After he checked inventory, he came back and said that there were none in stock; and there is no estimation of when it might be back in stock.

When I started to make a comment about Samsung's low sales numbers for the S20 and not having it in stock to sell for several weeks, he responded: "Thank you for calling Samsung" and HUNG up on me before I could even complete my sentence.

Not nice!! Maybe I need to rethink my purchase of this phone.
    Samsung support sucks, get use to it.
    The S Korean reps can't deal with criticism, constructive or otherwise.
    Sort of amusing to know that...
    Philippines slightly better than SK... but still worthless.
    Stateside Samsung is better.

So... don't bank on what that rep told you.
    05-05-2020 01:14 PM
    Samsung support sucks, get use to it.
    The S Korean reps can't deal with criticism, constructive or otherwise.
    Sort of amusing to know that...
    Philippines slightly better than SK... but still worthless.
    Stateside Samsung is better.

So... don't bank on what that rep told you.
    This was a US rep responsible for taking orders by phone. I guess not this time, maybe never.
    05-05-2020 01:22 PM
    Personally I always felt they always advertise and say at release they have a 512gb... but they never intend to manufacture or stock that many. In other past Galaxy models I believe there were posts asking where the 512gb were. My guess is not many buy the. I know some people have some need to have it internally but most know to just get an SD card and ok with it.

I would imagine with sales they way they are now... especially with Corona making it worse, I doubt they will be making any more for the rest of the year. But just my opinion.

Checking my company's Corp Verizon account...
    Attached Thumbnails No 512 GB Ultras-capture3.png  
    05-05-2020 01:29 PM
    Personally I always felt they always advertise and say at release they have a 512gb... but they never intend to manufacture or stock that many. In other past Galaxy models I believe there were posts asking where the 512gb were. My guess is not many buy the. I know some people have some need to have it internally but most know to just get an SD card and ok with it.

I would imagine with sales they way they are now... especially with Corona making it worse, I doubt they will be making any more for the rest of the year. But just my opinion.

Checking my company's Corp Verizon account...
    My guess is supply outstripped demand by accident not intent.
    Yeah you can get an SD card but fast high capacity ones aren't cheap and not even close to the speed of the internal memory.
    High capacity internal memory and a fat RAM are very desirable... and worth a few more hundred.
    05-05-2020 01:40 PM
    The more I read on this forum and elsewhere, the more I think that Sammy is doing me a favor by not having it available for me to buy.
    the_boon and felloffthetruck like this.
    05-07-2020 06:01 AM
53 123