S20 mms fails to load while on WiFi

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Looking for some help. I have an AT&T S20. When receiving a mms message while on WiFi I either don't receive anything at all or get a download cue that keeps spinning and times out. If I turn off WiFi then it loads. I've been researching and no one seems to have a fix but to turn off WiFi calling, which is not a fix. Is anyone aware of any other tricks to fix this?

Is anyone else experiencing this with our new phones?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I too have AT&T and have experienced issues with their crappy messaging service. If you must stay on the stock messaging app, you could try turning off Advanced Messaging. I always had better luck with that off but it defeats the whole purpose of having such a feature. Their messaging is just complete garbage man. No way around it.

I switched to Google Messages a few months ago. They actually have implemented proper RCS and I had my wife download Google Messages as well. We quickly transfer high resolution messages and videos and still get read receipts and "someone is typing" visibility. I was amazed at how much better we can transfer pictures and videos with this service.

I was actually thinking about switching back to the stock messaging app to see if it had gotten better but given your thread here, I'll just hold off.

I know it's not an ideal solution but I would definitely recommend trying Google Messages. If you can get any friends or your wife or GF to switch too, you can enjoy true RCS the way it is supposed to work. Not AT&T's crappy, poor excuse for RCS called "Advanced Messaging."

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree with you guys , been issue on AT&T for some time , try without wificalling and whats mentioned above

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Switching to AT&T 5G service since I decided to go with the S20 Ultra I lost the chat RMS features with Android Messages. I want it back

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I've done all that and it hasn't worked. In the settings where I enter my phone number it has a setting up status but it doesn't change it just stays stuck.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Looking for some help. I have an AT&T S20. When receiving a mms message while on WiFi I either don't receive anything at all or get a download cue that keeps spinning and times out. If I turn off WiFi then it loads. I've been researching and no one seems to have a fix but to turn off WiFi calling, which is not a fix. Is anyone aware of any other tricks to fix this?

Is anyone else experiencing this with our new phones?
I don't have AT&T to test this myself, but try going into the developer options in your phone's settings, look in the networking section, and turn on the "mobile data always active" option. When on wifi, you'll use that for regular data use, but will hopefully allow it to remain ready to accept MMS messages.

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I too have AT&T and have experienced issues with their crappy messaging service. If you must stay on the stock messaging app, you could try turning off Advanced Messaging. I always had better luck with that off but it defeats the whole purpose of having such a feature. Their messaging is just complete garbage man. No way around it.

I switched to Google Messages a few months ago. They actually have implemented proper RCS and I had my wife download Google Messages as well. We quickly transfer high resolution messages and videos and still get read receipts and "someone is typing" visibility. I was amazed at how much better we can transfer pictures and videos with this service.

I was actually thinking about switching back to the stock messaging app to see if it had gotten better but given your thread here, I'll just hold off.

I know it's not an ideal solution but I would definitely recommend trying Google Messages. If you can get any friends or your wife or GF to switch too, you can enjoy true RCS the way it is supposed to work. Not AT&T's crappy, poor excuse for RCS called "Advanced Messaging."

I have tried this. Also with Google messages for some reason I can not get RCS chat to work on my S20.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I had to mess around quite a bit with Google Messages in order to get Rcs to work when I switched to my S20 Ultra as well. I can't remember exactly but I believe I had to uninstall and then reinstall GM in order to get it to work. I also had downloaded Google carrier services from the Playstore, though that didn't seem to help much.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I had to mess around quite a bit with Google Messages in order to get Rcs to work when I switched to my S20 Ultra as well. I can't remember exactly but I believe I had to uninstall and then reinstall GM in order to get it to work. I also had downloaded Google carrier services from the Playstore, though that didn't seem to help much.
I've done this atleast twice

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX