Wondering would this file referenced here be malicious? Anything else on this page malicious? Would a factory data reset wipe anything malicious? spyware?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...msung-t3967796
    04-27-2020 03:11 PM
    Lol, if you think it might be a malicious page... I'm - not- volunteering to go.
    XDA is a reputable site packed full of coders so while not impossible it will get taken care of.
    More than likely you got "it" somewhere else...

Yes a hard reset kills everything except if you load it back in afterwards. If there's an issue be it settings or malware it's best to ID it first. If comes back you'll be right where you started.
    Short of downloaded evil thing Android is pretty robust to malware; even with a completely outdated KitKat running for 2 years I never had to wipe a drive because malware.
    6 years straight on Androids with no unfixable malware or trojans.

>Clear all data in that browser, reload it if it continues to behave strangely.
    >Boot menu> System Cache, clear it and reboot.
    >Download from Playstore Stuborn Trojan Killer and Malwarebytes, run both and see what they pull.
    04-27-2020 04:29 PM
    I'm pretty sure there are no issues just curious if this voicemail app on the page may be an issue.
    04-27-2020 05:01 PM
    I'm pretty sure there are no issues just curious if this voicemail app on the page may be an issue.
    By "app on the page," are you talking within the website or on your homescreen? It looks like a visual voicemail app, according to the link you pasted here.
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    04-27-2020 06:01 PM
    Scan it and relax.
    I've gotten at least one trojan preloader, had I clicked the next site or whatever it been reload time.
    Stubborn Trojan Killer rarely shows anything but when it does it's a big deal. I don't let it or Malwarebytes run in the background but do scans about twice a month or as needed.
    04-27-2020 06:03 PM
    By "app on the page," are you talking within the website or on your homescreen? It looks like a visual voicemail app, according to the link you pasted here.
    Your braver than me...
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-27-2020 06:04 PM
    Your braver than me...
    I didn't open the link - I just read it!
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    04-27-2020 06:04 PM
    I didn't open the link - I just read it!
    Oh my... you're a goner
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-27-2020 06:06 PM
    I went to factory reset just to be safe.
    Is there any app that I could scan individual files with?

Or a trusted site to download ringtones?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-27-2020 06:10 PM
    I went to factory reset just to be safe.
    Is there any app that I could scan individual files with?

Or a trusted site to download ringtones?
    You could use Zedge to download ringtones - it's free and safe! I've been using it for years and so have many other users.

One trick I use for downloading anything from Google Play is to look at the number of downloads. If there's thousands or hundreds of thousands, I can usually rest assured that the app has been around for a while; that lots of people are using it; and that it's legitimate and safe. Reading reviews help, too.

Try not to stress! As long as you don't click on suspicious or odd websites, you will be okay.
    04-28-2020 08:32 AM
    And run the Google Play protect in the play store under my apps and games. It scans all apps for anything malicious on your phone.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-28-2020 08:56 AM
    And run the Google Play protect in the play store under my apps and games. It scans all apps for anything malicious on your phone.
    It's only scanning the apps, I think.
    Mine never found anything...
    Both the ones I mentioned found malware in the downloads folder and in a browser folder.
    One was a preloader.

Downloaded a suspected malware jpeg about 2 weeks ago, it trashed all 40 jpegs in the folder.
    I've seen these before, never on an Android though
    Damaged was confined to that folder.
    Deleted it and the damaged jpegs.
    It may not have even shown up on any virus scan, seen that too. Fun times...
    04-28-2020 09:35 AM