Hopes for S21 Ultra

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
With the S21 Ultra approaching, what are some things you hope to see or hope to not lose if you decide to upgrade?

I am asking about the ultra because rumor is that it will support S-pen.

For me I want a flat screen and bigger battery. I'm so tired of accidental presses in the curved parts.

I don't want to lose the SD card. I have a 512 card that I keep a lot of stuff on.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I love the minimalist curved screen on my 10+ that makes the content look amazing. Never had issues with accidental touches. With 10+ boxy design and curved edges it looks very premium compared to any other phone to me even to date.
Also micro SD support is optional if the phone has 256GB but i like to see dual sim support.
I need spen in the phone, so S21 will not be an option. If there is no note line going forward (been using almost every note since note 2) my next phone will be pixel.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I too would *love* a flat screen for the S21 line. I do love my curved screens, especially the one on my S10, but it's too difficult to fit a screen protector - and then to get that screen protector to stay where it's supposed to is another thing entirely.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's another problem I have. I was fine when my note 10+ came with a preinstalled one but they stopped doing that with the note 20
I too would *love* a flat screen for the S21 line. I do love my curved screens, especially the one on my S10, but it's too difficult to fit a screen protector - and then to get that screen protector to stay where it's supposed to is another thing entirely.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I also want more color choices for the Ultra series. Why should we have to choose between 2 colors when we have to pay more for the phone?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Don't we already have confirmed specs? Or at least very detailed leaks at this point?

Thought it was confirmed only the S21 Ultra has a curved display with pen support and the rest are flat with no pen?

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I just know I'm gonna get one. I've had my 10+ since August of last year and that's a long time for me. I briefly considered the Pro Max and then I saw their horrible widget implementation. They look pretty but it's just like Apple to put asthetics over functionality.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't we already have confirmed specs? Or at least very detailed leaks at this point?

Thought it was confirmed only the S21 Ultra has a curved display with pen support and the rest are flat with no pen?

I'm always hesitant to believe spec sheets so early into things! It seems like things can change so easily. But I too heard rumblings of pen support.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. I went with a 11 pro max after I wasn't impressed with what Samsung had to offer in the Note and Fold line. The widgets worked pretty well for me. The biggest one I needed was a fantasy football widget that would update my scores automatically so I wouldn't have to go in the app. The Google widget was better on iPhone also and that really frustrated me.

It frustrates me that no one ever did this for Android. Windows phone even had a tile that could do it.

Anyway, I am going back to Android probably in January. I still have my note 10+ and I find myself having to go back to it to do things that I can't do on iPhone.

I hope Android step their widget game up though. They can do better than what they are doing.
I just know I'm gonna get one. I've had my 10+ since August of last year and that's a long time for me. I briefly considered the Pro Max and then I saw their horrible widget implementation. They look pretty but it's just like Apple to put asthetics over functionality.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
iOS can't do scrollable widgets and they leave too much wasted space for asthetics IMO. And developers have been slow to create them. I'm not talking about the widget page but the variable sized ones you place on the other screens. I played with them quite a bit at an AT&T store and just didn't care for them.

christianttt

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a problem with curved screens. Just had to find a nice screenprotector. The main issue is the fingerprint scanner, hard to find a screenprotector that works fine with it.
Other than that, I can compare it to my wife Note 20, both are great phones and I can't find a reason to upgrade this phone in a while.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a problem with curved screens. Just had to find a nice screenprotector. The main issue is the fingerprint scanner, hard to find a screenprotector that works fine with it.
Other than that, I can compare it to my wife Note 20, both are great phones and I can't find a reason to upgrade this phone in a while.

That's another point - the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor being able to function with specific screen protectors.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The ones there (that I used) worked better on iOS. Look at Googles widgets. Its disrespectful
iOS can't do scrollable widgets and they leave too much wasted space for asthetics IMO. And developers have been slow to create them. I'm not talking about the widget page but the variable sized ones you place on the other screens. I played with them quite a bit at an AT&T store and just didn't care for them.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I was watching some reviews today of the Pro Max. Alot of dissatisfied iphoners out there. Complaining about the excessive width of the phone. Which is exactly the same as the 7 plus. And face id which doesn't work in the Covid world. Why can't they at least have the pattern opening option? Instead of typing in a six digit code each time. Still they have sold a ton. If they build it, they will come.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I like the size of the max. I can reach the top easier with one hand. For some reason face id started working for me with my mask on. I thought that maybe it started learning because I would out my passcode in with it on after it couldn't read my face. Granted I only use one type of mask. I don't have a lot of different kinds. It works about 70 percent with me.

My passcode is 4 digits. If only it ran Android. Lol
I was watching some reviews today of the Pro Max. Alot of dissatisfied iphoners out there. Complaining about the excessive width of the phone. Which is exactly the same as the 7 plus. And face id which doesn't work in the Covid world. Why can't they at least have the pattern opening option? Instead of typing in a six digit code each time. Still they have sold a ton. If they build it, they will come.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I thought that since there were 6 boxes to fill in then it had to be that many digits. That's how it is in my ipad anyway. Yes I've heard that there is some learning involved in face id. Those are some mitigating factors favoring the iPhone. Good things to know.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If they build it, they will come.

Pretty much. I guess people grow accustomed to specific things - like typing in passwords like that. I'm enjoying my ultrasonic fingerprint sensor and my face unlock. But I like having more options for unlocking my phone. Just giving me one or limiting me to one (masks) is creepy.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
There's an option when you set your passcode. You can choose 4, 6, or longer
I thought that since there were 6 boxes to fill in then it had to be that many digits. That's how it is in my ipad anyway. Yes I've heard that there is some learning involved in face id. Those are some mitigating factors favoring the iPhone. Good things to know.