S21 Purchase Thread

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Till they create an S21 forum...

Trading in my s20 ultra for the S21 ultra. Ordered in the phantom silver, 128GB, unlocked.

Says it will ship by the 27th. Can't wait!

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to keep my S20 Ultra. No SD slot kills it for me. I'm someone who upgrades every year and I don't think I'll be getting the S21 Ultra because of this. I wanted to get the S21 Ultra but this is a deal breaker.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Still deciding between the 256gb and 512gb. Also don't know if I want to do black, navy or brown, but after seeing the black in person I'm leaning towards black. Love how matte the new models are. Will also be trading in my S20S Ultra.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Oh wow that sucks I use Samsung pay all the time. I'm just so upset over this whole phone. Cuz we also thought the Ultra was going to have an SD card slot. My husband didn't care about it but I did but he didn't want to go 512 cuz it was too much more money but he said we could do 256. And the 256 only came in black I wanted silver.

Well then I went to pre-order and it said you have $260 in credit for accessories and it told me the buds were $179 instead of $199 like on sale I don't know and then I just decided to get a flip case with a pen bundle which I think that had a discount price it showed me so then I want to check out and it said you still have $17 left to spend you're going to lose it so I

ordered the 25 watt charging brick for $17.99 it said it cost. And then after I did everything and checked out and paid it told me I was being charged $27 for the buds which I didn't understand so I called Samsung they're supposed to be giving me a credit. But on the flip case it didn't even let you choose the color I'm just getting black I wanted the purple flip case to match my violet buds that I got lol oh well.

I'm not as excited as I was in the beginning now about getting this phone but I guess it don't matter that I'm getting black because I'm going to have a case on it. My niece has a 20 Ultra and she said she kind of cracked her camera lens a little she said you got to be very careful when you're picking out a case and get a good one that covers everything good

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just put in my preorder for a Phantom Gray S21 with 128GB storage. Traded in my 2-year old S10 for $550, and got $160 in free accessories. My S10 had been working great, but I wanted to upgrade to a fresh (and larger) battery, newer cameras, higher screen refresh rate, and 5G cellular connection. I've never used the microSD card storage, so the 128 GB should be ok for me. My total out of pocket cost was $250. Now just need to wait until Jan 29th.

Last edited:

HJStrawberry

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Lack of microSD huge deal breaker along with the lack of MST. I use that everywhere. I refuse to pay for cloud. Although I'm aggrevated because as usual final update before new phone release and my battery is suddenly draining super fast.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Ordered the Ultra to replace my Note 10+

I'm just not excited anymore. The No SD card slot and if there's really not the magnetic strip thing. And I really wanted 512 but I've been 256 should be okay and I know I shouldn't be upset that I don't get to have silver but I am even though I'll have a case on it.

I kind of want to cancel and wait for the z-flip new phone coming out in April the pretty purple one that I've seen I need to find out more about those specs. I don't know I know the camera on the altar is going to be really cool though and of course the new Android 11 3.1. I don't know what to do. I'm sure the z-flip will cost more and who knows how much they'll give for the S10 plus then.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I really had no desire to jump on the S21, and now that MST is gone it's even less desirable. I realize as more terminals support NFC that MST will have less of an advantage but we aren't there yet.

For moment, the S20U and Note 20U do everything I them to do so I'll wait for the next Note and or Foldable device. I guess they will lose MST also but let's see what else they offer.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
[Moved to the s21 forums ]

Well I told my husband today that the 512 had 16 gigs of RAM and he said I didn't tell him and now he wants the 512 and he had me cancel my order and get the 512. But he's been having problems trying to order through the shop app all day and his was taking him to Samsung to activate mine had me log onto Verizon earlier.

We're going to try again in the morning cause now it's telling us the Verizon 512 is out of stock. It's crazy! So my pre-order is done and his isn't. I hope we like them. But I got the s pen, violet buds a 25w charger and a silicone case to hold me over till I get a better one.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
i ordered a 256GB Ultra... i was gonna get the plus, but I thought I may as well throw in the extra for no particular reason lol.

besides, pre-order bonuses work differently in the UK. the S21 and plus come with buds live and the the Ultra with buds Pro, and I didn't want the buds live.

Coming from an S10e, the size may take some getting used to. Phrasing.

I also ignored the Samsung accessories and opted for an otter+pop case from otterbox.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The removal of the MST capability isn't a big deal for me. I usually use my Gear Sport Watch for Samsung Pay and most of the retail stores I shop from take NFC payments.