S21 Purchase Thread

Scott McBurney

Apr 25, 2019
Visit site
Heck yes I preordered! S21 Ultra w/ 512gb. In fact, ordered one for me and one for my spouse (a videographer). And was pleasantly surprised at the $100 discount for the t-mobile version as compared to all the other variants. I will miss the MST, but didn't use it all that often. Disappointed at no SD card, but that's what 512gb and a onedrive subscription are for. And the $250 in accessories per phone was nice - my spouse gets the new buds pro (I just got the buds+ free when I updated my galaxy watch last month), and lots of cases (one with s-pen), wireless battery, and heck even threw in a free smart things camera. All the free accessories made it worth it. Don't care that there was no charger, we have many individual chargers and multiport chargers and wireless chargers already around the house.

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
What has annoyed me is that I was looking to buy this yesterday and when I put in my trade in value it was telling me £540 for my "old" S20+ 5G. With the free smart things and Samsung buds and I would have bought an official cover, the total cost is just under £300. Today the trade in value has gone down to £450 making the total cost £385!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
What has annoyed me is that I was looking to buy this yesterday and when I put in my trade in value it was telling me £540 for my "old" S20+ 5G. With the free smart things and Samsung buds and I would have bought an official cover, the total cost is just under £300. Today the trade in value has gone down to £450 making the total cost £385!

Sad trombone! They offered me £270 for my S10e, but i decided to keep it and just paid the full £1,200... I'm gonna see what they're offering now, for science.

EDIT: They now offer£250.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
The removal of the MST capability isn't a big deal for me. I usually use my Gear Sport Watch for Samsung Pay and most of the retail stores I shop from take NFC payments.

I have an Active 2 wonder if it has the MST? I have never used Samsung Pay on my watches. I always have my phone on me. But does it mean we can still use Samsung Pay on our phones just need NFC on now and that it may not work everywhere it used to before? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a 256GB plus...leaving a NOTE 9. I'm disappointed about no SD card, but I'll have to deal with it.

Well I was a little upset yesterday about no SD slot only black in the 256 or 512 and hubby didn't want to spend the extra money on the 512 which is what I really wanted. We have unlocked now and was wanting to do Verizon ones. Well finally a Samsung chat person told me to log into his Samsung account on my Shop app and try to order his cause he was having so much trouble.

But now since hubby wants 512 cause of the 16 ram over 12 I cancelled my 256 order and re-ordered 512 and than for him it kept saying out of stock on Verizon 512 and the chat person said oh just retry in the morning. Well it finally worked his is all set I had already cancelled and reorder my 512 and I look at my receipt in my email today and it says mine is unlocked not Verizon which is what I wanted. I was like OMG what happened I clicked wrong I guess. So I called Samsung but had to wait for a call back and in the mean time I cancelled again and it let me order the Verizon 512 so I was happy. I was worried about all these charges on my credit card and that it wouldn't let me re-order thinking I already agreed to trade in my phone on another order. But I can live with black I guess I found a case I want but I ordered a $20 purple silicone case from Samsung just to have in case the other 2 I'm interested in aren't out yet.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
No your active 2 doesn't have MST. Last watch to have it was the gear S3 and yes you can still use Samsung pay with any NFC terminal. Samsung pay didn't go away just the hardware feature that makes it work on terminals not updated or with their NFC accessible.
I have an Active 2 wonder if it has the MST? I have never used Samsung Pay on my watches. I always have my phone on me. But does it mean we can still use Samsung Pay on our phones just need NFC on now and that it may not work everywhere it used to before? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
No your active 2 doesn't have MST. Last watch to have it was the gear S3 and yes you can still use Samsung pay with any NFC terminal. Samsung pay didn't go away just the hardware feature that makes it work on terminals not updated or with their NFC accessible.

Ok that's what I kind of thought thank you! I had a Gear S3 in the beginning gave it to my husband got the Galaxy Watch it broke got the Acticve 2. I wasn't sure if his Gear S3 would be compatible with this phone or not and to be sure I just got him the newest Galaxy Watch 3 cause it was $60 off and the trade in value was $160 bucks.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note10+ and won't be ordering an S21 Ultra. Mainly, because the Note21 may likely be the last Note. I never really liked the rounded corners of the S phones. When they discontinue the Note line, I suppose I'll have to get used to it. But, until then, Notes all the way.
Spec-wise, the S21 ultra has everything you need, except for the s-pen and SD card support. Otherwise, this is the best looking and complete S phone ever.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I currently have the Note 20 and will be upgrading to the S21 Ultra in phantom black. This will be my 4th phone without an SD card and fine with that now, I actually prefer cloud storage so I can access all my stuff from multiple devices. I just back up all my phone and application data to my Google Drive.

Darwm

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I dont know where most ppl living but in Canada no one uses or cares about Sd cards or MST anymore. Theyre way outdated tech.

HJStrawberry

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Is the cloud storage super costly? I know my apple friend pays $5 a month which really adds up over the years to way more than a memory card.

NEmickeyfan

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I just put in my preorder for a Phantom Gray S21 with 128GB storage. Traded in my 2-year old S10 for $550, and got $160 in free accessories. My S10 had been working great, but I wanted to upgrade to a fresh (and larger) battery, newer cameras, higher screen refresh rate, and 5G cellular connection. I've never used the microSD card storage, so the 128 GB should be ok for me. My total out of pocket cost was $250. Now just need to wait until Jan 29th.

NEmickeyfan

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I,too, decided to get the S21 256GB. My S10 has been such a great phone, but I normally trade about every 2 years. I was bummed about the lack of external storage but opted for the 256 which will be more that I will ever use. With $550 trade-in and $150 of free accessories, it seemed like a very good deal at $300 out of pocket.

dlevy76

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Samsung will give me $700 for my S20+ Is it worth upgrading to the S21 ultra with 128GB for $499 unlocked or $399 on Verizon or should I wait for the S22
I only paid $200 for the S20+ a few months ago when my S10 broke and the insurance didnt have any S10 in stock.