S21 T-Mobile (and former Sprint) Pre-order, anyone else?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Former Sprint customer here. Love the synergy of the hookup with T-Mobile. No problems at all.
My Sprint S20+ finds and connects to the T-Mobile bands with no problems.

Anyway, I am doing the old "Turn in your leased S20 and get the S21" deal. It used to be called "Galaxy Forever".

Anyone else getting an S20 pre-ordered on T-Mobile?

Mav. :cool:

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Former Sprint customer here. Love the synergy of the hookup with T-Mobile. No problems at all.

Anyway, I am doing the old "Turn in your leased S20 and get the S21" deal. It used to be called "Galaxy Forever".

Still thinking about it. I've S9 in my drawer, but Samsung.com seen to offered a lot.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can get the Samsung accessories credit if you pre order through TMobile? The $800 they'll give me for my 4xl is going to be hard to pass up

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes as long as you pre order you'll receive the same samsung.com credit that they're offering on shop samsung.
Does anyone know if you can get the Samsung accessories credit if you pre order through TMobile? The $800 they'll give me for my 4xl is going to be hard to pass up

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I can also confirm. I haven't pre-ordered yet (still thinking about it but will almost definitely do so), but I contacted T-Mobile on Twitter and we get the $200 credit via the Shop Samsung app as usual.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Pre-ordered my s21 ultra 512gb yesterday.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
T-mobile will give you 800 for it, but if course that's not instant credit.
Yeah! But T-MOBILE asked me for $500 deposit for S21 since I have so many promotion credits on my account. It's weird how EIP works with T-mobile.

I'm going through Samsung with my S20.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I can also confirm. I haven't pre-ordered yet (still thinking about it but will almost definitely do so), but I contacted T-Mobile on Twitter and we get the $200 credit via the Shop Samsung app as usual.
Did they say which model gets $200?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is the only carrier that will allow you to have multiple EIPs on the same line and still allow you to receive the promotions.
Yeah! But T-MOBILE asked me for $500 deposit for S21 since I have so many promotion credits on my account. It's weird how EIP works with T-mobile.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
S21 T-Mobile (and former Sprint) Pre-order

Found a sweet deal on a Pixel 4a on Facebook marketplace that I will use to trade in for a S21 ultra 256gb. Unfortunately The ship dates on those are pushed back till mid February....I have patience but i’m not sure if I’ll still be able to get the $200 credit Even though it’s still considered “pre-order”

Last edited:

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You will. Happens every year. As long as you place an order before the 28th you'll qualify for the pre order promotion.
Found a sweet deal an a Pixel 4a on Facebook marketplace that I will use to trade in for a S21 ultra 256gb. Unfortunately The ship dates on those are pushed back till mid February....I have patience but i’m not sure if I’ll still be able to get the $200 credit Even though it’s still considered “pre-order”

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Yea that's what the typically do they asked for 630 down payment for the s21 uktra 51w GB

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
S21 T-Mobile (and former Sprint) Pre-order

Yea that's what the typically do they asked for 630 down payment for the s21 uktra 51w GB

For what’s it’s worth when I tried to upgrade my daughter’s phone after the Sprint/T-Mobile merger, They asked me for a down payment as well but they didn’t say it had anything to do with any promotional credits.

I tried to upgrade my daughter’s phone online to a IPhone 11 Pro and was hit with a down payment of $800.

Before the merger, my down payment would be less than $200, if that. I upgraded myself to the iPhone 11 Pro a couple weeks after it was released and only paid $150 down.

Anyways, I ended up calling Sprint Executive Team and was told that their upgrade policies/down payment requirements have changed due to the merger and that Sprint was taking T-Mobile’s approach with upgrading devices. I thought some of the changes that the Sprint Rep was telling me about that were taking place due to the merger, was changes that could possibly void any Sprint contracts, but I didn’t fight it.

I did reach out to Android Central around that time as well to see if they was aware of any changes that was taking place due to the merger, specifically upgrade deposits. They were looking into it, but I didn’t hear anything else back.

Since then, I just pay for my devices outright. Especially if the deposits are already high in itself.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Do we have to do anything now or just wait for the s21 and use the shop Samsung app to retrieve credit?

Rygitsdown

Mar 3, 2019
Visit site
Just ordered my s21 ultra in black at 512 gigs. Was happy with my s21, but it didn't cost very much to jump, and i haven't done a preorder since my s20 ultra so I was itching. Lol ill be getting on board with cloud storage. It's obviously where things are going.