What Accessories Did You Get with Pre-Launch Credit

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Quick question. I didn't use up all of my samsung credit. Will that come available later on again?

No they say if you don't spend it all you lose it. I had just a dollar two left and I didn't want to lose it lol and I ended up getting another $17.99 25 watt charging brick so I would have one for me and one for my husband cuz he had already ordered all his accessories.

And today I went in Best Buy and I took my case that I got off Amazon and I found a popsocket that I like and I got my husband a black plain popsocket for his black case he'll use it more for a kickstand. I use it more to help hold the phone cuz it's so big. Oh and I saw all 3 phones and posted pictures in this custom color thread on here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 90790

Yes, when I bought my Note 10 plus I wasted some of the credit. This time I'm using it all.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
No they say if you don't spend it all you lose it. I had just a dollar two left and I didn't want to lose it lol and I ended up getting another $17.99 25 watt charging brick so I would have one for me and one for my husband cuz he had already ordered all his accessories.

And today I went in Best Buy and I took my case that I got off Amazon and I found a popsocket that I like and I got my husband a black plain popsocket for his black case he'll use it more for a kickstand. I use it more to help hold the phone cuz it's so big.
I might see if I can get samsung to send me a coupon for the rest then. Haha.

fred134134

Jan 11, 2021
Visit site
So I looked at the accessories and none of the cases I liked. I didn't need a charging brick I have two 25w and a 45w. I have the original buds which I use at work sometimes but not a whole lot so I didn't need new buds.

I decided to get a active 2 for $10. I already have a active 2 but it's about a 1.5 years old. I figured get a band new one for like nearly nothing.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So I looked at the accessories and none of the cases I liked. I didn't need a charging brick I have two 25w and a 45w. I have the original buds which I use at work sometimes but not a whole lot so I didn't need new buds.

I decided to get a active 2 for $10. I already have a active 2 but it's about a 1.5 years old. I figured get a band new one for like nearly nothing.

I have the Active 2 I love it. My husband just traded in his Gear S3 and got the latest Galaxy Watch cause we weren't sure if the Gear S3 would be compatible with the new phone.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Welp if you made the mistake I made and didn't use all of your credit, go online and do a chat. If you fight hard enough they'll send you a promo code.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
may i ask if anyone made the same mistake as i did by ordering the 45-watt charger?

i thought (incorrectly) that as the 45-watt charger is compatible with my S20 Ultra, then of course it would be compatible with the S21 Ultra! Wrong. the fastest charger one may use with the S21 Ultra is the 25-watt "Travel Charger". there's nothing "travel" about this charger, so i have no idea why they call this a travel charger.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
may i ask if anyone made the same mistake as i did by ordering the 45-watt charger?

i thought (incorrectly) that as the 45-watt charger is compatible with my S20 Ultra, then of course it would be compatible with the S21 Ultra! Wrong. the fastest charger one may use with the S21 Ultra is the 25-watt "Travel Charger". there's nothing "travel" about this charger, so i have no idea why they call this a travel charger.

I didn't ultimately make this mistake, but until last week I was also under the mistaken impression that the S21 Ultra would support 45 W wired charging. I still have my 45 W wired charger from the S20 days so I wish I could use its full capabilities on the S21 Ultra. Oh well.

And yeah, I'm not sure what the "travel" bit is about either. I mean, yeah you can travel with it, but of what charger is this not true? I take my fast charge 2.0 duo pad with me when I go traveling and it's not a "travel" charger.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I didn't ultimately make this mistake, but until last week I was also under the mistaken impression that the S21 Ultra would support 45 W wired charging. I still have my 45 W wired charger from the S20 days so I wish I could use its full capabilities on the S21 Ultra. Oh well.

And yeah, I'm not sure what the "travel" bit is about either. I mean, yeah you can travel with it, but of what charger is this not true? I take my fast charge 2.0 duo pad with me when I go traveling and it's not a "travel" charger.
@arunma: i was in too much of a hurry to get my order in. i did it shortly after the Samsung Unpacked presentation and was rushing to get my order in, as a result, i didn't look closely at the accessories.

there's much discussion about whether or not using the 45-watt charger on the S21 Ultra might damage the phone. it's hard to tell for certain. it seems like it might be ok, but if so, why wouldn't Samsung say so in terms of listing the 45-watt charger as compatible as well but probably no faster than the 25-watt charger? strange.

furthermore, the $20 25-watt "travel" charger doesn't even come with a USB-C cable! i got the white 25-watt charger and the phone only comes with a black cable as our phones are black if one ordered the 512 S21 Ultra. frustrating.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
@arunma: i was in too much of a hurry to get my order in. i did it shortly after the Samsung Unpacked presentation and was rushing to get my order in, as a result, i didn't look closely at the accessories.

there's much discussion about whether or not using the 45-watt charger on the S21 Ultra might damage the phone. it's hard to tell for certain. it seems like it might be ok, but if so, why wouldn't Samsung say so in terms of listing the 45-watt charger as compatible as well but probably no faster than the 25-watt charger? strange.

furthermore, the $20 25-watt "travel" charger doesn't even come with a USB-C cable! i got the white 25-watt charger and the phone only comes with a black cable as our phones are black if one ordered the 512 S21 Ultra. frustrating.

I got 2 black 25W travel ones cause I knew our phones would come with a cable. We got the 512 Ultra also.

ChippahInGA

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
S View case w/ S Pen, the rugged case, power brick, UV sanitizer, and an extra S Pen for when I (or my daughter) inevitably lose one.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
S View case w/ S Pen, the rugged case, power brick, UV sanitizer, and an extra S Pen for when I (or my daughter) inevitably lose one.

I wish they had that S View case with the s pen holder in purple. I started to get it in black and then I changed my mind. So now I'm stuck with the pen by itself but that's okay.

Last edited:

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
If I pre ordered from Verizon will I still get Samsung credit? I have seen different answers.
Marki86,

Not sure. I pre-ordered directly through Samsung on their website. Verizon sometimes has good deals but I'm not sure they are doing anything close to what Samsung is directly.

Piggy winks

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
If I pre-ordered through Tmo do I just wait for the device to arrive and use the shop Samsung app to retrieve the credit? Is there some place to sign up in advance?

Tmo rep said we get the credit, but she didn't know how it's given and she suggested I call Samsung.
I read somewhere, you have to wait, as you need to enter the phone info and receipt. IF you order from Sammy, they will know and apply it automatically.

I ordered from TMo also and we have some time afterwards to redeem. Its similar to the S20FE deal that was out. Samsung Direct was instant, but TMo you had to enter your info online and then got send confirmation of acceptance. Got $70 credit from that which was used on the Trio wireless charger.

This time I'll probably get either the Buds+ or spend a bit more for the Bud Pros with my $100 credit (trade S9 to TMo).

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Wait a sec, I can’t use my S20 charger on the S21 Ultra? What??????? I also have some old ones from my S7-s10 and Note 10. Are any of them safe?

Oh I found the thread with the answers.

Anyway I got the purple earbuds and the S view folio case with SPen and a purple silicone case and of course the free tag. I’d redone my order, changing from custom brown to black phone.