S21 Ultra Battery test video. Loses big time to the still king S20 Ultra 👑.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The S21 Ultra getting roasted by the S20 Ultra on the video test is a major disappointment. I keep saying this S21 is a big downgrade and this is more proof. More efficient soc, smaller display. Variable rate display and it still get crushed. Wow.

Watch "Galaxy S21 Ultra Battery Test -- The Longest Lasting Samsung Flagship Ever?" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/ybvzaaFTVrU

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Interesting video, thank you for posting as I always like to watch battery drain comparison videos. I'm assuming he tried to set them all at the same screen resolution, although he didn't say that.

What I do know is the S20 Ultra's battery was very good before the Android 11 One UI 3.0 update. After the update, though, it has been terrific!

This is usually the case with the Samsung Galaxy devices as the longer the device is out the more Samsung is able to optimize the software to get the best battery performance.

One of the factors on why I was hesitant on upgrading to the S20 Ultra is I read some unsubstantiated reports that the Snapdragon 888 chipset was not the huge upgrade everyone was talking it up to be. This video could be proof of that in some regard.

I do think the longer one has the S21 Ultra, the more the phone learns your usage patterns and in theory the battery performance should improve a little. Throw in some updates over the course of a couple of months and that should help too. But like with the S20 Ultra, I don't think we see the S21 Ultra's best battery performance until next January when Samsung releases their next UI.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The S21 Ultra getting roasted by the S20 Ultra on the video test is a major disappointment. I keep saying this S21 is a big downgrade and this is more proof. More efficient soc, smaller display. Variable rate display and it still get crushed. Wow.

Watch "Galaxy S21 Ultra Battery Test -- The Longest Lasting Samsung Flagship Ever?" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/ybvzaaFTVrU

Yeah...very misleading. The S21 Ultra actually won the first test handily, and took out both iPhone Max phones twice!

I'm excited!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah...very misleading. The S21 Ultra actually won the first test handily, and took out both iPhone Max phones twice!

I'm excited!

Yeah haha. It probably isn't the best idea to cherry pick data to present false claims and also provide a source which disproves your claim!

The actual video was interesting though.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I keep saying this S21 is a big downgrade
You sure do, over and over, in thread after thread. But incessant repetition doesn't make something true. The S21 Ultra reviews are among the most enthusiastic I've ever seen for a new phone.

Look, I sympathize with your disappointment that the S21 Ultra is dropping a couple of old features that are still important to you. But tens of millions of us care much more about the new features that we're obtaining instead, and it's futile to try to get us to feel bad about our good fortune.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
You sure do, over and over, in thread after thread. But incessant repetition doesn't make something true. The S21 Ultra reviews are among the most enthusiastic I've ever seen for a new phone.

Look, I sympathize with your disappointment that the S21 Ultra is dropping a couple of old features that are still important to you. But tens of millions of us care much more about the new features that we're obtaining instead, and it's futile to try to get us to feel bad about our good fortune.

Well I'm sad no SD Card slot but hey we're getting the 512 so I'm good. I use Samsung Pay as much as I can but it's ok I'll live without MST. We are coming from S10+ and I'm excited to get this phone. The big screen WQHD 120Hz the bigger battery 512 and 16 gigs of ram and the new UI 3.1 I can't wait to mess around with the new features and the emojis. I played around with one briefly at BB yesterday but I mostly went there to hold the Ultra and the Plus. I wanted the purple plus but spec wise and I watch a lot of videos and shows on my phone I opted for the Ultra and mainly cause of 512. If the Plus had 12 gigs of ram and came in 512 I would of jumped on it. But I can't wait to get the phone. Hubby is excited too especially about the cameras. And I'm am getting 2 x 25W charging bricks with my free credit so I am good.

It sure is an upgrade from my S10+ which has had signal problems from the beginning. Last 3 phones were unlocked cause we knew we would be leaving Sprint. Been with Verizon for a little over a year and doing Verizon ones this time around. Left Sprint for Verizon and plan on staying with them. I'm excited!

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
https://youtu.be/OmzKPmSW1Bw

I'm going to go with the guy who has 6 Million Subscribers no way the s20 wins a battery test considering its 10 months old and the s21 ultra just came out. I have the s20 ultra and it's a monster of a phone but I've seen enough for me to dump this trash of a phone because it has the worst camera on a 2020 flagship

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to go with the guy who has 6 Million Subscribers no way the s20 wins a battery test considering its 10 months old and the s21 ultra just came out. I have the s20 ultra and it's a monster of a phone but I've seen enough for me to dump this trash of a phone because it has the worst camera on a 2020 flagship

These are the international exynos chips not the qualcomm chip phones.
Do you really believe the S20 Ultra has the worst battery life? I don't. Ha ha ha yeah right!

Thanks for posting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-123027_YouTube.png
    Screenshot_20210121-123027_YouTube.png
    495.5 KB · Views: 20

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you really believe the S20 Ultra has the worst battery life? I don't. Ha ha ha yeah right!

Thanks for posting.

Of course it does you can't think a phone that's 10 months in age that the battery hasn't taken a step back. Once we get a US test we will see.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site

Thank you for posting this video! If you are able to post his next video he talked about doing at the end, with the Snapdragon 888 S21 Ultra variant, that would be great.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for posting.

You cherry picked the video playback result over the other test, and he cherry picked Exynos over Snapdragon.

It's too late to cry foul, he's playing by your own rules.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

well, a British accent usually wins ;) ha ha.

i'm pleased with this guy's results too but as someone else pointed out, it's not the US chip, but the international variant, so this won't really apply to those of us living in the US, right?

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
well, a British accent usually wins ;) ha ha.

i'm pleased with this guy's results too but as someone else pointed out, it's not the US chip, but the international variant, so this won't really apply to those of us living in the US, right?

Of course one we get tge snap dragon 888 all bets are on

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The Galaxy models here are Exynos versions. My bet is the SD888 version will fare better. SD888 has slower clock speed on some cores (with mostly better performance than the 2100). Plus the 888 has far superior GPU performance.

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
If the S21 Ultra cannot even outperform the S20 Ultra in day-to-day usage (not some unrealistic battery drain test), Samsung should be ashamed. Not only did they axe MST and the SD card, but the battery efficiency still isn't there and it's 2021. Even the iphone figured out how to nail battery efficiency.

I use a Note 20 Ultra and an iphone 12 pro max and the iphone crushes my note in battery--esp in idle mode where the note still drains pretty fast.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, but Apple OWNS the OS as well as the hardware! It's like comparing Apples to Oranges...pun.
If Samsung OWNED Android they could probably do a little better at battery longevity as well as a few other things. Just to emphasize how hard it is to do what Apple is doing with a great advantage...look at Google who DOES OWN Android and still cannot seem to make a decent phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463