Looks like starting with s21 the swipe left Google Discovery will be on them, hopefully work it's way to older devices.

https://www.xda-developers.com/galax...discover-feed/
    jlangner and GiantJay like this.
    01-24-2021 07:25 PM
    Looks like starting with s21 the swipe left Google Discovery will be on them, hopefully work it's way to older devices.

https://www.xda-developers.com/galax...discover-feed/
    I am assuming you can choose either Samsung Free or that..right now kinda liking Free, quickly watching something at lunch..haha. But I do use Discover by clicking app.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-24-2021 07:36 PM
    I am assuming you can choose either Samsung Free or that..right now kinda liking Free, quickly watching something at lunch..haha. But I do use Discover by clicking app.
    Yeah I believe you'll have a choice
    jlangner likes this.
    01-24-2021 07:38 PM
    If the stock launcher is gonna have ads I'll keep using Nova. I use Google feed but I don't need the left sweeping convenience .
    01-24-2021 07:44 PM
    If the stock launcher is gonna have ads I'll keep using Nova. I use Google feed but I don't need the left sweeping convenience .
    You have ads with the stock launcher?
    01-24-2021 07:47 PM
    I'm using Nova and the only ads I see is with Samsung Pay. And I don't remember seeing them before. But I've read that ads will be appearing with the new phones. Will just have to wait and see. If they are integrated with the drop down settings panel then I suppose Nova can't do anything about that.
    01-24-2021 07:52 PM
    I'm using Nova and the only ads I see is with Samsung Pay. And I don't remember seeing them before. But I've read that ads will be appearing with the new phones. Will just have to wait and see. If they are integrated with the drop down settings panel then I suppose Nova can't do anything about that.
    Gotcha ..
    01-24-2021 07:58 PM
    Amended..... Just pulled this from the Verge review....

Unforgivably, there are still ads built into Samsung’s default apps. The biggest thing on the default home screen is a weather widget. Tap it and the next biggest thing you’re likely to see is the kind of ad that’s normally at the bottom of a crappy, overloaded website.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...w-camera-price

So perhaps I'm wrong that is a new thing. I use a couple of Samsung apps but other than Pay I don't see ads.
    01-24-2021 07:59 PM

Unforgivably, there are still ads built into Samsung’s default apps. The biggest thing on the default home screen is a weather widget. Tap it and the next biggest thing you’re likely to see is the kind of ad that’s normally at the bottom of a crappy, overloaded website.

So perhaps I'm wrong that is a new thing. I use a couple of Samsung apps but other than Pay I don't see ads.
    I'm glad I'm not experiencing this
    J Dubbs and buzzy3970 like this.
    01-24-2021 08:05 PM
    I'm an Action launcher fan myself.
    01-24-2021 08:57 PM
    Yeah I believe you'll have a choice
    I've read somewhere where you're going to have a choice. I'm not even really sure what Google feed is and I think I used to have something on my last screen from Samsung At one point and I took it off now I can't remember or even how to get it back. But his Google feed better than the Samsung one. And it did say that the Samsung messaging app is supposed to have RCS now depending on carrier though cuz I like using Samsung messaging because it matches my themes. The only thing I miss is under contacts there used to be an option for a text tone besides a ringtone and that went away and I switched to textra for a while And then I used Google for a bit too but only one of my friends it worked the RCS. She had an s-20 on T-Mobile and I don't know what messaging app she uses. But I use Facebook Messenger a lot too so it's not that huge of a deal.
    01-24-2021 09:02 PM
    I've read somewhere where you're going to have a choice. I'm not even really sure what Google feed is and I think I used to have something on my last screen from Samsung At one point and I took it off now I can't remember or even how to get it back. But his Google feed better than the Samsung one. And it did say that the Samsung messaging app is supposed to have RCS now depending on carrier though cuz I like using Samsung messaging because it matches my themes. The only thing I miss is under contacts there used to be an option for a text tone besides a ringtone and that went away and I switched to textra for a while And then I used Google for a bit too but only one of my friends it worked the RCS. She had an s-20 on T-Mobile and I don't know what messaging app she uses. But I use Facebook Messenger a lot too so it's not that huge of a deal.
    You probably mean Samsung free ? Like in my screen shot .

Soon Google rcs will be part of Samsung message app.
    Google discover feed now on stock launcher-screenshot_20210124-212936_one-20ui-20home.jpg
    01-24-2021 09:31 PM

Disable Ads in Other Samsung Apps Several system apps such as Samsung Music, Game launcher, Samsung Health, Bixby, and Samsung Pay, too, have marketing adverts. To disable ads in these applications, go to Settings > Apps and select the app. Here, click Notifications and disable Marketing Notification.

Bill
    -----
    Galaxy S21 (Pre-order), Galaxy Book (original), Tab S4, Gear S2
    burwil likes this.
    01-24-2021 09:35 PM
    You probably mean Samsung free ? Like in my screen shot .

Soon Google rcs will be part of Samsung message app.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210124-212936_One%20UI%20Home.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	331103
    Oh yeah Samsung free I had it on one of my phones I think my 7 edge or 9 plus maybe. I don't remember I know their was some other kind of briefing I don't know if that's back when I had HTC but I used to have something with them but I forget now that was too far back.. lol
    01-24-2021 10:55 PM
    Oh yeah Samsung free I had it on one of my phones I think my 7 edge or 9 plus maybe. I don't remember I know their was some other kind of briefing I don't know if that's back when I had HTC but I used to have something with them but I forget now that was too far back.. lol
    Htc was sense I believe, yeah samsung changed from daily to free
    01-24-2021 11:21 PM
    Does anyone that has a Samsung phone with one ui 3 or 3.1 (whichever the current version is) have the Android 11 power menu with smart home controls integrated into it? I haven't seen this feature mentioned in any of the s21 reviews.
    01-24-2021 11:57 PM
    Does anyone that has a Samsung phone with one ui 3 or 3.1 (whichever the current version is) have the Android 11 power menu with smart home controls integrated into it? I haven't seen this feature mentioned in any of the s21 reviews.
    No haven't seen that
    Guyinbox likes this.
    01-25-2021 12:03 AM
    Htc was sense I believe, yeah samsung changed from daily to free
    Yes HTC Sence. We started with the regular EVO all the way up to the M9 which I didn't like as much as the M8. Then we switched to Samsung and got the 7 edge.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-25-2021 12:46 AM
    Yes HTC Sence. We started with the regular EVO am the way up to the M9 which I didn't like at much as the 8. Then we switched to Samsung and got the 7 edge.
    Had the M8 thought that was really good phone.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    01-25-2021 01:11 AM

That is inexcusably, insultingly, unequivocally ridiculous on Samsung's part Even my cheap azz Lenovo Chinese tablet, which is known for that shady ad bs, isn't that bad.
    01-25-2021 02:59 AM
    I use nova launcher and can swipe up for my Google now feed
    01-25-2021 03:29 AM
    Thats what I've been using also but once Samsung good Lock gets all its modules updated , going back to that.
    01-25-2021 10:30 AM
    I saw today US will get Discovery feed but not the samsung customized google messages. If anyone finds apk for that version, please post.
    01-25-2021 11:57 AM
    I saw today US will get Discovery feed but not the samsung customized google messages. If anyone finds apk for that version, please post.
    If I see it available ill post here
    jlangner likes this.
    01-25-2021 01:16 PM
    If I see it available ill post here
    Thanks!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-25-2021 01:22 PM