Google discover feed now on stock launcher

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
If the stock launcher is gonna have ads I'll keep using Nova. I use Google feed but I don't need the left sweeping convenience .

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Nova and the only ads I see is with Samsung Pay. And I don't remember seeing them before. But I've read that ads will be appearing with the new phones. Will just have to wait and see. If they are integrated with the drop down settings panel then I suppose Nova can't do anything about that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm using Nova and the only ads I see is with Samsung Pay. And I don't remember seeing them before. But I've read that ads will be appearing with the new phones. Will just have to wait and see. If they are integrated with the drop down settings panel then I suppose Nova can't do anything about that.
Gotcha ..

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Amended..... Just pulled this from the Verge review....

Unforgivably, there are still ads built into Samsung’s default apps. The biggest thing on the default home screen is a weather widget. Tap it and the next biggest thing you’re likely to see is the kind of ad that’s normally at the bottom of a crappy, overloaded website.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th.../samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-review-camera-price

So perhaps I'm wrong that is a new thing. I use a couple of Samsung apps but other than Pay I don't see ads.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Unforgivably, there are still ads built into Samsung’s default apps. The biggest thing on the default home screen is a weather widget. Tap it and the next biggest thing you’re likely to see is the kind of ad that’s normally at the bottom of a crappy, overloaded website.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th.../samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-review-camera-price

So perhaps I'm wrong that is a new thing. I use a couple of Samsung apps but other than Pay I don't see ads.
I'm glad I'm not experiencing this :(

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I believe you'll have a choice

I've read somewhere where you're going to have a choice. I'm not even really sure what Google feed is and I think I used to have something on my last screen from Samsung At one point and I took it off now I can't remember or even how to get it back. But his Google feed better than the Samsung one. And it did say that the Samsung messaging app is supposed to have RCS now depending on carrier though cuz I like using Samsung messaging because it matches my themes. The only thing I miss is under contacts there used to be an option for a text tone besides a ringtone and that went away and I switched to textra for a while And then I used Google for a bit too but only one of my friends it worked the RCS. She had an s-20 on T-Mobile and I don't know what messaging app she uses. But I use Facebook Messenger a lot too so it's not that huge of a deal.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've read somewhere where you're going to have a choice. I'm not even really sure what Google feed is and I think I used to have something on my last screen from Samsung At one point and I took it off now I can't remember or even how to get it back. But his Google feed better than the Samsung one. And it did say that the Samsung messaging app is supposed to have RCS now depending on carrier though cuz I like using Samsung messaging because it matches my themes. The only thing I miss is under contacts there used to be an option for a text tone besides a ringtone and that went away and I switched to textra for a while And then I used Google for a bit too but only one of my friends it worked the RCS. She had an s-20 on T-Mobile and I don't know what messaging app she uses. But I use Facebook Messenger a lot too so it's not that huge of a deal.
You probably mean Samsung free ? Like in my screen shot .

Soon Google rcs will be part of Samsung message app.
Screenshot_20210124-212936_One%20UI%20Home.jpg

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Disable Ads in Other Samsung Apps Several system apps such as Samsung Music, Game launcher, Samsung Health, Bixby, and Samsung Pay, too, have marketing adverts. To disable ads in these applications, go to Settings > Apps and select the app. Here, click Notifications and disable Marketing Notification.

Bill
-----
Galaxy S21 (Pre-order), Galaxy Book (original), Tab S4, Gear S2

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
You probably mean Samsung free ? Like in my screen shot .

Soon Google rcs will be part of Samsung message app.
View attachment 331103

Oh yeah Samsung free I had it on one of my phones I think my 7 edge or 9 plus maybe. I don't remember I know their was some other kind of briefing I don't know if that's back when I had HTC but I used to have something with them but I forget now that was too far back.. lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh yeah Samsung free I had it on one of my phones I think my 7 edge or 9 plus maybe. I don't remember I know their was some other kind of briefing I don't know if that's back when I had HTC but I used to have something with them but I forget now that was too far back.. lol
Htc was sense I believe, yeah samsung changed from daily to free

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone that has a Samsung phone with one ui 3 or 3.1 (whichever the current version is) have the Android 11 power menu with smart home controls integrated into it? I haven't seen this feature mentioned in any of the s21 reviews.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone that has a Samsung phone with one ui 3 or 3.1 (whichever the current version is) have the Android 11 power menu with smart home controls integrated into it? I haven't seen this feature mentioned in any of the s21 reviews.
No haven't seen that

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Htc was sense I believe, yeah samsung changed from daily to free

Yes HTC Sence. We started with the regular EVO all the way up to the M9 which I didn't like as much as the M8. Then we switched to Samsung and got the 7 edge.

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

That is inexcusably, insultingly, unequivocally ridiculous on Samsung's part :mad: :mad: :mad: Even my cheap azz Lenovo Chinese tablet, which is known for that shady ad bs, isn't that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo