S21+ Getting ZERO love??

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I took advantage of the unbelievable pre-order trade in deal Samsung is offering and got two cases, the UV sanitizer, wireless charging duo pad, Samsung Smart tag, and YouTube Premium 4 months free all of which cost more than the $189.99 I was charged after trading in my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra for the T-Mobile version of the S21+.

That kind of value is insane and I have no problems losing a micro SD card slot I never used, a curved screen that drove me NUTS with phantom touches, an S-Pen I rarely used and a screen that I kept at full HD anyway...

I do find it interesting though that so far almost everyone on YouTube has basically dismissed the 21+ as 'suspect', 'not worth it', not as good as the Ultra and not the 'value' that is the smaller S21....any thoughts?

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, I do wish the base S21 had the premium build quality Samsung used to give that model but has only reserved for the Plus and Ultra this year. I just think the Plus is a little bigger than I like in my phones, but I'd definitely order it over the clunkier Ultra. In fact, I'll be checking out the S21 Plus in that custom Phantom Gold color that's available through Samsung.com. Should be a beauty. So in short, though my daily driver will be the regular S21 in Phantom White, I'd take the S21 Plus over the Ultra for sure.

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, I do wish the base S21 had the premium build quality Samsung used to give that model but has only reserved for the Plus and Ultra this year. I just think the Plus is a little bigger than I like in my phones, but I'd definitely order it over the clunkier Ultra. In fact, I'll be checking out the S21 Plus in that custom Phantom Gold color that's available through Samsung.com. Should be a beauty. So in short, though my daily driver will be the regular S21 in Phantom White, I'd take the S21 Plus over the Ultra for sure.
I agree. I went with the Plus because I actually like my phones on the larger side, and the Ultra has bells and whistles that I just will never use. The Victus glass on the back of the 21+ and UWB support don't hurt either

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I took advantage of the unbelievable pre-order trade in deal Samsung is offering and got two cases, the UV sanitizer, wireless charging duo pad, Samsung Smart tag, and YouTube Premium 4 months free all of which cost more than the $189.99 I was charged after trading in my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra for the T-Mobile version of the S21+.

That kind of value is insane and I have no problems losing a micro SD card slot I never used, a curved screen that drove me NUTS with phantom touches, an S-Pen I rarely used and a screen that I kept at full HD anyway...

I do find it interesting though that so far almost everyone on YouTube has basically dismissed the 21+ as 'suspect', 'not worth it', not as good as the Ultra and not the 'value' that is the smaller S21....any thoughts?

I saw the plus at Best But and loved it and still have doubts about getting the Ultra. l wonder if I made the right choice cause it's so big . But I wanted the 512. I held both and the plus did feel a little better in my hand but I will have my case and pop socket set we'll see how it is when I get the phone.

But I agree their is not enough talk about the plus and it's an awesome phone too. The plus to me would of still been a nice upgrade from my S10+ if I got the 256 with bigger battery faster processor but same ram.

Last edited:

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The + is in a weird position. Like you said not the value s21 and not the ultra premium in the Ultra. The + definitely needed more added to it to be a $200 premium over the S21. Having UWB, glass back and a bigger screen and battery didn't seem enough to me. But i still ordered it over the Ultra because i didn't need it the same as you didnt need it.

I Wish samsung would have gave the + a 5x optical like the Note 20 ultra. instead of having the same camera on the s21.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The plus just isn't very interesting compared to the other two.

And, probably for that reason, they didn't send it to reviewers.

Ragnarianrok

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
Yea, a bit unfortunate Samsung didn't send out S21+ models to the press and tech bloggers. They clearly want people to focus on the affordable base model or the premium high-end Ultra. Those who know they want the base model but want a slightly bigger screen + battery experience, will know to look for the S21+.

I myself am very excited to get my S21+. :)

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The plus just isn't very interesting compared to the other two.

And, probably for that reason, they didn't send it to reviewers.
I hear you fuzz it's just unfortunate because value proposition or not it looks to be one of the more polished offerings for big phones early in the year.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I was gonna get the plus myself just for the battery, but i looked at it and thought if I'm willing to pay an extra£200 just for a battery bump, i may as well pay the extra for everything the ultra offers.

That's how they get ya!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If one is going to pay the big bucks, the ultra is the obvious choice over the +. But with the tough economy the s21 with trade in is a great value.

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
If one is going to pay the big bucks, the ultra is the obvious choice over the +. But with the tough economy the s21 with trade in is a great value.
That's fine however I think you sometimes get to a point of diminishing returns...I personally don't like paying for features that I never or rarely use. I'd rather save a few bucks.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I initially ordered the regular 21 variant, but after having for a week, I went into my local Best Buy- where I got my pre-order, and they had an unlocked s21 plus in-stock and I figured why not. so I went in for it. so far so good. I'm really digging the lavender color, it was what they had in stock, and I really like the form factor better than the 21. the ultra has features I won't use, and I couldn't justify the price.

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I switched to the plus series for the Galaxy phones a few versions ago. I liked the slightly larger screen over the base model. This time around I thought I might have made a mistake in not ordering the Ultra because of the sd card. I did go with the 256 version of the plus but thought maybe the storage could be an issue but after deleting/uninstalling when I transferred over, looks like I have plenty of space. I will say I was disappointed with only black being offered for the 256 S21 plus. I know there is a case on it but still - BORING!!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Attachments

• s21+ usa.jpg
    s21+ usa.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 17

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Those are unlocked custom colors. which takes a bit longer to ship. I would have gotten the Red, but I want a Carrier version so Black is our only option.

Not for Verizon version and possibly other carriers. Seems to only have been for unlocked.
Sorry guys.

Your carriers remind me of the alleged quote of Henry Ford... "You can have any colour so long as it is black"

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys.

Your carriers remind me of the alleged quote of Henry Ford... "You can have any colour so long as it is black"
There are many of us who prefer only unlocked so it's nice we have the color options. But I think overall Samsung sucks in terms of different colors based on carriers, region, unlocked, storage and many other factors just like how they have million firmwares for same phone.

I admire Apple where they have same software, color options available across everywhere irrespective of carrier, region etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs