Glass Screen Protectors that work with Fingerprint Sensor?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've read that the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protectors work with the Samsung in-screen fingerprint sensors, but I'm looking for something more affordable. For my current S10 I'm using a TPU film protector which works well for the FPS but it has a slight rubbery feel. A lot of glass protectors advertise that they work with Samsung's FPS, but I've read reviews stating the contrary.

Can anyone recommend a glass protector that has proven to work with the Samsung in screen FPS (other than the Whitestone Dome)?

THanks.

chaines291

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I too been looking into this. they made a post on this recently on AC but I'm not too sure on it. guess I give it a try. I loved Whitestone dome but dang they cost waaayyy too much

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I ordered Zagg this time..says works and cheaper. Usually do Whitestone but didn't want to pay $75 this time..lol

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the Zagg hybrid fusion. Not sure I'll like it since it is not really glass.

That's what I will end up getting so let me know how you like it. If their really is a thin one on their I will leave it for a bit. I do Zagg though only cause of the Kiosk in the mall they install it.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about ordering this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6914924

It's tempered glass and supposedly fingerprint sensor compatible. The installation video shows the user successfully unlocking the phone with their fingerprint after installing the glass protector.

There's no reviews yet so I was going to wait a bit and see if anyone posts anything in the next few days or weeks.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about ordering this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6914956

It's tempered glass and supposedly fingerprint sensor compatible. The installation video shows the user successfully unlocking the phone with their fingerprint after installing the glass protector.

There's no reviews yet so I was going to wait a bit and see if anyone posts anything in the next few days or weeks.

It's worth a short but the price seems to good to be true. A 4-pack for only $13? I loved glass protectors on my phone until I got the S10 and noticed the flexible protectors work better with the FPS.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It's worth a short but the price seems to good to be true. A 4-pack for only $13? I loved glass protectors on my phone until I got the S10 and noticed the flexible protectors work better with the FPS.

Yeah, that's why I'm waiting for some reviews to be posted! I also noticed that some glass protectors are good for the FPS, however, I noticed that they have a HUGE cutout where your finger goes. You have to look closely to make sure you're not suckered into buying one of those.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I've never used Whitestone Dome before and was thinking about using it this time. But now I hear cheaper glass screen protectors might work with the FPS, so I'm curious what works for the rest of you guys. I've got some time to think about it since I ordered the black 512 GB ultra, which is arriving mid-February.

BTW, apparently Spigen has their own version of Whitestone Dome now!?

https://www.spigen.com/collections/...rotector-platinum-tray?variant=32908039323695

Anyone seen this or used it on a Note 20 Ultra (it's available for that phone right now)? I never order directly from Spigen since their direct sales are more expensive, but if this shows up on Amazon for something in the $40 range, I may try it out!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've never used Whitestone Dome before and was thinking about using it this time. But now I hear cheaper glass screen protectors might work with the FPS, so I'm curious what works for the rest of you guys. I've got some time to think about it since I ordered the black 512 GB ultra, which is arriving mid-February.

https://www.spigen.com/collections/...rotector-platinum-tray?variant=32908039323695

Anyone seen this or used it on a Note 20 Ultra (it's available for that phone right now)? I never order directly from Spigen since their direct sales are more expensive, but if this shows up on Amazon for something in the $40 range, I may try it out!

Is this the same one on Amazon? I see it says precise cutouts for your Spigen case so I am assuming it fits best with one of their cases.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PCGGPG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6915402

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
For me, whitestone dome is way too expensive considering my new S21 doesn't have curved edges. I think that's the primary advantage of the Whitestone Dome - that it fits phones with curved edges.

I'm thinking just about any 3rd party glass protector will work just as well and be much easier to apply and remove when cracked. Based on my experience with my S10, I think the FPS will work just fine with a screen protector.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For me, whitestone dome is way too expensive considering my new S21 doesn't have curved edges. I think that's the primary advantage of the Whitestone Dome - that it fits phones with curved edges.

I'm thinking just about any 3rd party glass protector will work just as well and be much easier to apply and remove when cracked. Based on my experience with my S10, I think the FPS will work just fine with a screen protector.
I agree non curved phone go with any of them , curved Dome is a must in my opinion.

ChippahInGA

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site

I posted this a few comments up from yours. $30 on Amazon. This is the one I'm getting, and they make a protector for the cameras too, also on axon for $11 or $12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge