A few issues

wobdot72

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I've received my new S21+ today, all set up OK, but I can't seem to make the status bar any bigger, ever when I change the font size it stays small, please help

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I've got a fault then, cause it won't go big

Well just got my s21+ and looks like you can't change the status bar size so far..

I've been looking but nothing changes the size not even screen zoom.

I have my old s9 here and I can change the status bar with screen zoom.

So it'd really old on the s21

wobdot72

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Well just got my s21+ and looks like you can't change the status bar size so far..

I've been looking but nothing changes the size not even screen zoom.

I have my old s9 here and I can change the status bar with screen zoom.

So it'd really old on the s21

It's a bummer, it's so small, I'm hoping some update will fix it

wobdot72

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Found the answer and it works
Step by step:-
1) Go to "Developer Options"
2) Go to "Simulate display with cutout"
3) Choose "waterfall cutout"
4) You will see the screen looks narrow with "waterfall cutout" but the icon on status bar become bigger. Under "Minimum Width", you should see it auto adjusted to 279 dp.
5) Reboot your phone.
6) Then go back to "Simulate display with cutout".
7) Change to "Default"

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
4) You will see the screen looks narrow with "waterfall cutout" but the icon on status bar become bigger. Under "Minimum Width", you should see it auto adjusted to 279 dp.
5) Reboot your phone.
7) Change to "Default"

Nice work, Power-user!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
5) Reboot your phone.
7) Change to "Default"

Cool.. thank you!

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
5) Reboot your phone.
7) Change to "Default"

After Step (7) does the screen width go back to full width, or does it stay at the narrowed width?

Shesabetch

Jul 18, 2021
Visit site
5) Reboot your phone.
7) Change to "Default"

This doesn't work for me... I have developer settings, but when I click it, it takes me to a page that is nonsense to me, honest. No string of words that make any sense. It has no settings or options like you are describing. I have the latest software update on my Samsung galaxy s20+. Not sure if that makes a difference.

It's so small, it's hard to even pull the notification bar down sometimes. Like, I'll sooner accidentally scroll super duper fast up a webpage, when all I meant to do was pull down the notification bar. It's annooooying!

Aha, I think I managed to attach a screenshot of it so you can see what i mean...

Any other suggestions or advice?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210718-021938_TalkBack.jpg
    Screenshot_20210718-021938_TalkBack.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 39

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
This doesn't work for me... I have developer settings, but when I click it, it takes me to a page that is nonsense to me, honest. No string of words that make any sense. It has no settings or options like you are describing. I have the latest software update on my Samsung galaxy s20+. Not sure if that makes a difference.

It's so small, it's hard to even pull the notification bar down sometimes. Like, I'll sooner accidentally scroll super duper fast up a webpage, when all I meant to do was pull down the notification bar. It's annooooying!

Aha, I think I managed to attach a screenshot of it so you can see what i mean...

Any other suggestions or advice?
You do not appear to have enabled, "Developer options", on your device. See...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soVAWdqusu8

Also, to pull down the, "Notification Bar", whilst on the phone's Home Screen, you can place your forefinger about a third of the way down from the top and draw it down, quickly and smoothly. Whilst in other apps, say for instance, such as Google Play Store you can place your forefinger on the, "Status Bar", at the very top of the screen and quickly flick it down to see the Notification screen.

gitanoco

Jul 26, 2021
Visit site
5) Reboot your phone.
7) Change to "Default"

This is by far the best solution I've found, but it does have some gotcha's.

Issue 1) If (when) you reboot your phone after doing all of the above steps, including the initial reboot and then changing back to default... after all that... the size of the status bar does go back to the original small size and you have to run through the steps again including another reboot at step 5 to get the change to happen again.

Issue 2) It seems that some home screen widgets think that the cutout is still there and they won't fit to the full width of the screen. That's a pretty small issue but figured I'd throw it out there.

Is there any work around to keep the status bar that bigger text size even after subsequent reboots?
Thanks.

gitanoco

Jul 26, 2021
Visit site
Another note about the above 7 steps. Once that is done and working, you can set the minimum width to say 320 dpi and the status bar text and icons get even bigger. Also, if you then go into the "settings -> display -> screen zoom" setting, you can adjust the slider bar and make bigger or smaller the status bar text/icons. Pretty darn cool. But all that only lasts until you reboot the phone, then it all goes back to original size and you have to go through the same 7 steps above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38