Show us your pics here!

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to show a camera comparison between the same meal taken on my S20 ultra vs S21 ultra. Totally night and day with the auto focus. Will have to play with the settings a bit but love the camera20210124_184451.jpg20210127_141936.jpg

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Still playing with the camera but even with beauty mode off and the reports they would turn it completely off my pics still seem more smoothed over than my 12 pro max. Will keep playing with it for sure.

Tmel14

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Still playing with the camera but even with beauty mode off and the reports they would turn it completely off my pics still seem more smoothed over than my 12 pro max. Will keep playing with it for sure.

What's portrait mode like? I was hoping the smoothing issue would be resolved as I disliked that on previous Galaxys

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
This phone is awesome! Camera is pretty much on par with my iphone 12 and 4a 5g
82520d2a74aed6df5c6d30cbd5746f1c.jpg
2bb09d67896f4236b1ae35ae914eee7c.jpg
2f2a91f47c11cb6ed6b780da9824f9aa.jpg
01fefa8d08ef79bcd6478030c2c9173e.jpg

Last edited:

Ragnarianrok

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
I feel like a lot of the pictures I'm taking are still a little overexposed. Not sure why... Like they need more contrast. Am I the only one?

S21+

Ragnarianrok

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
The skin-processing is also very off on the S21+ camera. I mean, it's nice that some of our wrinkles and imperfections are "smoothed" away but it doesn't look realistic. Shutter is also significantly slower than the Pixel 4 XL.

Under good lighting conditions and with objects that aren't moving, the S21+ camera does well. But give it a little movement, the shutter doesn't capture the frame you want, and there is still too much skin-processing. Also, the majority of the time, the photos are overexposed, whereas the Pixel 4 XL consistently nails the contrast and captures good shadows.

I'm not sure if the S21+ camera is up to snuff. The Ultra might compare better to the Pixel 4 XL, but I'm not sure that's as true with the standard S21+ model.

The reviews (mostly for the Ultra) lead me to believe the S21+ was right up there with the Pixel stills.

Not sure what to do now...

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The skin-processing is also very off on the S21+ camera. I mean, it's nice that some of our wrinkles and imperfections are "smoothed" away but it doesn't look realistic. Shutter is also significantly slower than the Pixel 4 XL.

Under good lighting conditions and with objects that aren't moving, the S21+ camera does well. But give it a little movement, the shutter doesn't capture the frame you want, and there is still too much skin-processing. Also, the majority of the time, the photos are overexposed, whereas the Pixel 4 XL consistently nails the contrast and captures good shadows.

I'm not sure if the S21+ camera is up to snuff. The Ultra might compare better to the Pixel 4 XL, but I'm not sure that's as true with the standard S21+ model.

The reviews (mostly for the Ultra) lead me to believe the S21+ was right up there with the Pixel stills.

Not sure what to do now...

So far I’m not impressed with my Ultra. The photos in good light with my son 3-4 feet away and it’s making his complexion sickly pail, his eyebrows and hair look like oil paintings and it’s turned his clearly turquoise shirt royal blue. And my daughters slightly pink cheeks after walking from the school bus looked so bright and magenta almost. And she looked like a porcelain doll with her coloring. But her hair showed up nice, detailed and sharp but she was like 2 feet away. Reviews didn’t mention the hair issues as far as I observed but they did mention it making people look brighter and lighter so I should have taken that for what it was as Samsung still crushed details in hair/fur and over processes facial features.

Ragnarianrok

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
So far I’m not impressed with my Ultra. The photos in good light with my son 3-4 feet away and it’s making his complexion sickly pail, his eyebrows and hair look like oil paintings and it’s turned his clearly turquoise shirt royal blue. And my daughters slightly pink cheeks after walking from the school bus looked so bright and magenta almost. And she looked like a porcelain doll with her coloring. But her hair showed up nice, detailed and sharp but she was like 2 feet away. Reviews didn’t mention the hair issues as far as I observed but they did mention it making people look brighter and lighter so I should have taken that for what it was as Samsung still crushed details in hair/fur and over processes facial features.

Yeah... then it seems like that's just Samsung's post-processing style. The skin-smoothing and overexposure is really bothersome to me.

It's kind of insane that the Pixel 4 XL can still capture faster, sharper, and better contrasts in their still photography. It's a real testament to their algorithms. It's just such a shame the Pixel doesn't lead in other categories as well, like video-taking and hardware features+design. Nearly everything else, the S21+ does better or just as well.

I'm not sure if I should just go back to my 4 XL and holdout for the Pixel 6 (and pray Google gets better at hardware...) or just try to enjoy the S21+ for what it does well....

Will you keep your Ultra? What device are you coming from?