Popsocket does NOT stick to S21 Ultra Black! Alternatives please? Thanks.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
well, the Popsocket doesn't stick to the Black S21 Ultra. i'm guessing it's due to the sanded glass back.

may i ask if anyone has good ideas about alternatives please?

thank you.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Get a case and stick it to that, or get an otterbox otter+pop which has one built in.

may i ask if you have any good ideas as to the most minimal, high quality (good fit!) case out there please? i don't use a case typically, and here, i'd be just using the most minimal case in order to attach the Popsocket.

thank you.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
May i ask why these would stick better to the frosted glass back please?

I looked up pictures and saw that the sticky pad is virtually identical to the sticky pad of the Popsockets.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
may i ask if you have any good ideas as to the most minimal, high quality (good fit!) case out there please? i don't use a case typically, and here, i'd be just using the most minimal case in order to attach the Popsocket.

thank you.

Not really a slim case guy. The most minimalist is probably the Samsung silicone case though. Or a cheap tpu one from Amazon.

May i ask why these would stick better to the frosted glass back please?

I looked up pictures and saw that the sticky pad is virtually identical to the sticky pad of the Popsockets.

It probably wouldn't stick.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
well, the Popsocket doesn't stick to the Black S21 Ultra. i'm guessing it's due to the sanded glass back.

may i ask if anyone has good ideas about alternatives please?

thank you.
Try a otter+pop case. Mine just came in yesterday. I bought one with my S20 and will use the same for the S21. Screenshot_20210124-153811_Chrome.jpg

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Try a otter+pop case. Mine just came in yesterday. I bought one with my S20 and will use the same for the S21. View attachment 331223

thank you, @lmandl.

wow, this is a whopping $60!

quite a costly case, right? i have no choice.

i prefer no case, actually, just a popsocket, but alas, no way to do that with this frosted glass back. there's a slippery coating of something on the glass!

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
You can get a discount if you sign up for their emails. It cost me a little over $50. Well worth it being that I've dropped my S20 a few times and it's still picture perfect!!!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
You can get a discount if you sign up for their emails. It cost me a little over $50. Well worth it being that I've dropped my S20 a few times and it's still picture perfect!!!
@lmandl: thank you kindly.

i ordered one yesterday. too bad the color selections are so limited: only baby blue and all black.

unfortunately, they use the worst possible shipping service to ship this: UPS Mail Innovations.

i've had horrible experience with this because UPS brings it from Colorado (where they are) to your local area, and USPS delivers it to you locally (your postman). well, it's this "last mile" that wreaks havoc. takes forever!

thank you for your suggestion.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

i ordered one yesterday. too bad the color selections are so limited: only baby blue and all black.

unfortunately, they use the worst possible shipping service to ship this: UPS Mail Innovations.

i've had horrible experience with this because UPS brings it from Colorado (where they are) to your local area, and USPS delivers it to you locally (your postman). well, it's this "last mile" that wreaks havoc. takes forever!

The S20 only had 2 color options too, though instead of the blue it was a pretty green. Sea foam green I think. I think I received mine within a week of ordering. Just got an email today from samsung that my phone won't be here until next week so my case made it in plenty of time. Totally bummed on having to wait!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The S20 only had 2 color options too, though instead of the blue it was a pretty green. Sea foam green I think. I think I received mine within a week of ordering. Just got an email today from samsung that my phone won't be here until next week so my case made it in plenty of time. Totally bummed on having to wait!

Thanks you, @lmandl. may i ask how the fit is of this case with your S20 just as a benchmark to know how will it will likely fit the S21 Ultra please? thanks.

stevo82

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Does that otterbox pop socket case work with wireless charging? The s21 ultra is pretty big and while I don't like pop sockets, it'd be to have to take some of the weight off my pinky lol

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Think yourself lucky. Here in the UK, not only do they use the worst courier, Hermes, but also ship from Ireland. Which means now we aren't in the EU it has to clear customs, which is jammed.

I ORDERED THE DAMN THING ON THE 14TH AND IT STILL HASN'T CLEARED CUSTOMS!!!

Stupid bloody Brexit!

Otterbox cases fit perfectly, by the way.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks you, @lmandl. may i ask how the fit is of this case with your S20 just as a benchmark to know how will it will likely fit the S21 Ultra please? thanks.

It fits like a glove. I really love this case. I have 5 other cases for my S20 and I never use them. I stick with the pop case. I even got custom made pop tops to customize my case. Expensive but well worth the money IMHO. My daughter had dropped my phone, in this case, not long after getting it last year. It basically flew out of my car door and scooted across the parking lot. The phone wasn't damaged at all. There was a few scuffs on the case but the phone was and is still in perfect condition.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Does that otterbox pop socket case work with wireless charging? The s21 ultra is pretty big and while I don't like pop sockets, it'd be to have to take some of the weight off my pinky lol

It depends on the charger. My samsung wireless chargers work. My wireless car charger doesn't unless I unscrew the pop top. The tops are really easy to remove if your charger is cranky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12