Question on phone dialer

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Got the S21 plus Verizon edition. So far it is great except for the phone dialer. I am unable to search businesses right from the dialer app. I know that is a feature and it should be there but the option to enable it is not even there. I downloaded the Google dialer and it works on there. Also the keypad sounds are so faint that I struggle to hear them even at 100% volume. Has anybody experienced either of these two things? I would hate to do a factory reset just for this issue.

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Interesting so maybe they dropped it and it is not a bug on my phone. What about the keypad tones? Do those work for you?

Yea keypad tones work. I think you gotta have system sound up to hear it. I will say the sound on These S21 go alot lower then my old phone. Samsung really dialed it down if you want it to be really low. But they also are just or more louder then my old phone which is great.

I had it as close to low as it would go and i couldnt hear anything until i put the speakers to my ear. Impressive.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea keypad tones work. I think you gotta have system sound up to hear it. I will say the sound on These S21 go alot lower then my old phone. Samsung really dialed it down if you want it to be really low. But they also are just or more louder then my old phone which is great.

I had it as close to low as it would go and i couldnt hear anything until i put the speakers to my ear. Impressive.

I have system sounds all the way to 100% and still the keypad volume is very very low. Not a big deal I will just stick to my Google dialer which I like better anyway and it seems to work pretty well.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You can install the Google Dialer from the Play Store. It includes favorite numbers, recent calls and Contact (but no Voice Mail icon). Open it and set it as default then remove the Samsung Dialer icon and replace it with the Google Dialer icon.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have an unlocked s10 plus now but when I get a spam call I have an option to block call and it's on the Samsung Dialer I guess it came with the phone. I didn't download any other dialer so is it not the same on the S21 Ultra Verizon one?

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You can install the Google Dialer from the Play Store. It includes favorite numbers, recent calls and Contact (but no Voice Mail icon). Open it and set it as default then remove the Samsung Dialer icon and replace it with the Google Dialer icon.

Actually it is listed as Google Phone app in the Play Store. It is a blue icon with a phone in it.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have an unlocked s10 plus now but when I get a spam call I have an option to block call and it's on the Samsung Dialer I guess it came with the phone. I didn't download any other dialer so is it not the same on the S21 Ultra Verizon one?

I had a Pixel before getting the S21 so don't know about the S10. The Google Phone dialer is like the one in the Pixel minus a tab for Voice mail.

The Samsung dialer only dials the phone and not much else. It also goes to a black screen after a few seconds.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a Pixel before getting the S21 so don't know about the S10. The Google Phone dialer is like the one in the Pixel minus a tab for Voice mail.

The Samsung dialer only dials the phone and not much else. It also goes to a black screen after a few seconds.

Oh Ok I just know I have a block call option now and if they leave a VM I mark it as Spam on You Mail also.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
That's odd. My S10 running 11 has the Places option in the bottom. Says Keypad, Recents, Contacts, Places. My S21 only says Keypad, Recents, Contacts. I don't know that I've ever used searching from within the phone app, but I do wonder why it's not there on the S21 running the same OS as my S10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma