Battery Life

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the S10 to the regular S21 I am noticing a huge difference in battery life. On the S10 it estimated almost 18hrs of battery life where the S21 is estimating only 10hrs. I notice the difference too. Just from light browsing I can see the battery percentage go down by 1% every other minute or so. Even after 2 years with the S10 my battery would last until 5 or 6pm.

Shouldn't I be getting better battery life with this display? I checked all settings and everything is set up the same as my old phone.

Another thing is the S21 doesn't charge nearly as fast as the S10 does.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from an S10 to a S21. I think you need to wait a few days for everything to settle down before you should do any battery life comparisons. I plan to use my phone as I normally do, then check the battery life next week. Also, you might have some settings turned on with your S21 that you had turned off on the S10 which may be using some battery power.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the S10 to the regular S21 I am noticing a huge difference in battery life. On the S10 it estimated almost 18hrs of battery life where the S21 is estimating only 10hrs. I notice the difference too. Just from light browsing I can see the battery percentage go down by 1% every other minute or so. Even after 2 years with the S10 my battery would last until 5 or 6pm.

Shouldn't I be getting better battery life with this display? I checked all settings and everything is set up the same as my old phone.

Another thing is the S21 doesn't charge nearly as fast as the S10 does.

This is a real disappointment considering the S21 got a smaller screen, LTPO display and a more efficient smaller CPU.

Are you considering returning it?

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Right, I'm hoping after a few days it gets better but in the past usually the battery life was how it was out of the box. I did check almost all settings side by side I don't see any differences.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Charging via cable on S21 is good. Definitely seeing battery % take a hit more so than I can recall in 9 yrs with Samsung.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Charging via cable on S21 is good. Definitely seeing battery % take a hit more so than I can recall in 9 yrs with Samsung.

I plan on using the cable that came with it with the 25 watt charging bricks that we're getting. I don't want to mix the cable up with any of my old ones just to be safe.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I plan on using the cable that came with it with the 25 watt charging bricks that we're getting. I don't want to mix the cable up with any of my old ones just to be safe.

The brick just comes by itself, no charging cable. Just FYI. That's what came with the accessories order along with the phone. The picture when ordering makes it seem like you are getting a cable too, but it is just the brick.

I'm using the cable that came with my S21 Ultra.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
The brick just comes by itself, no charging cable. Just FYI. That's what came with the accessories order along with the phone. The picture when ordering makes it seem like you are getting a cable too, but it is just the brick.

I'm using the cable that came with my S21 Ultra.

Yes that's what I plan on doing using the cable that comes with the phone. I realized it was just the brick only after it was only 17.99 and I saw it for 34.99 previously which made me realize that was the one with the cable.

Andrew_470

Nov 3, 2019
Visit site
So far, Battery life Samsung S21 5G hasn't been too good. I've turned off 5G only using LTE. Battery saver on. So far, average SOT 5hrs 8 min. Charged this am 100% now 8:30pm and I have 39% remaining.

I copied all of my data etc from my Iphone 12. I may do a factory reset amd do a clean installation to see if this improves.

I am using standard screen not the 120 hertz.

Ragnarianrok

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
So far, S21+ battery has been decent. I have been using it a lot the first few days, so I'm hoping it'll get better after everything gets settled down.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree in giving it a few days to see how the battery adapts to your usage. I hope that battery life improves for you!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I haven't charged via the cable yet, but as for the speed compared to older phones, it does have at least a 300mah larger battery to fully charge. Although I'm not sure how long an extra 300mah adds to charge time.

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So far, Battery life Samsung S21 5G hasn't been too good. I've turned off 5G only using LTE. Battery saver on. So far, average SOT 5hrs 8 min. Charged this am 100% now 8:30pm and I have 39% remaining.

I copied all of my data etc from my Iphone 12. I may do a factory reset amd do a clean installation to see if this improves.

I am using standard screen not the 120 hertz.

If you go to the battery and device care and battery it says its learning and adapting battery usage. It needs a couple of days.

My SOT is way better then my s9 but then again the battery is 1800mah more so moot point.

But My 5 days so far

- day 1 = 4hr SOT, but i just got the phone and never charged it.
- day 2 = 10hr SOT with 1 full charge thru the day
- day 3 = 7hr SOT
- day 4 = 8hr SOT
- day 5 = Today 6hr SOT I charged it last night at 11pm took it off and now up used it a couple more times today. its sitting at 47%. Itll probably make it to 8pm with 8 or so hours of SOT before its dead.

I have about 20 apps out of 100 something in deep sleep, and everything else is syncing and 60hz refresh.

oh and minimal camera useage. Im kind of disappointed in the camera. I thought it would be a bitter better then my s9 but its comparable and my s9.

SteveyAsp

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
IMO opinion Samsung’s have never had a great battery and I don’t expect my S21 Ultra to change that.
Most people who have a decent battery performance have some WiFi usage included which doesn’t drain the battery as much as using it purely on the cell signal.
One thing I did notice earlier today was that the AOD was second in the list of things using the battery at 6%

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Pleased with this....S21 Ultra, adaptive
dd403cb3827e3ef25c7d7d005049202a.jpg

Last edited:

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
My battery life seems a little better after a few days but it still is not as good as the S10. It gets me through the day but when I need to charge at 5pm it's a pain if I'm not at home or next to a charger at work.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
One of the first things I made sure was of was turning off Mobile Networks Diagnostics under Mobile Networks. When I first got the Note 10+ I was on the verge of returning it because battery was so bad. I turned this off and battery life became excellent. Now I think this is part of the initial set up where AT&T (in my case) asks to enable this. I said no. Anyone experiencing battery issues should find this and turn it off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11