Does the S21 come with a pre-installed film screen protector?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading that the S21 (6.2" base model) comes with a pre-installed film screen protector, but when I look at mine I can't tell if it has one or not. Does anyone know for sure if the S21 model comes a protector?

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I thought mine hadn't. It had the removable sheet (really obvious) which I took off and added a glass protector which I had problems with FPS and sides of the screen. I pulled it off and looked closely (had to put my reading glasses on!) And it's very hard to see but if you feel around the front facing camera you can feel It there (if there is one)

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I looked really closely with a magnifying glass and I just can't see a screen protector on my new S21. It might be there, but I just can't see it. I'm asking, for the reason you pointed out-- If I install a new screen protector I don't want to put it on top of an existing one.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
At first I thought my S21 Ultra had come with a screen protector, but what I'd thought was the edge of the protector now seems to be merely a reflection of the edge of the screen. (I'm planning to leave it as it is.)

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine did not, I ended up cutting the little tab off the protector they want you to remove and using it as a screen protector for now. I ordered a film protector because it seems the glass ones currently available have issues with the finger print scanner.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine did not, I ended up cutting the little tab off the protector they want you to remove and using it as a screen protector for now. I ordered a film protector because it seems the glass ones currently available have issues with the finger print scanner.

Which film protector did you order?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I thought mine hadn't. It had the removable sheet (really obvious) which I took off and added a glass protector which I had problems with FPS and sides of the screen. I pulled it off and looked closely (had to put my reading glasses on!) And it's very hard to see but if you feel around the front facing camera you can feel It there (if there is one)
Mine also has a screen protector as I found out after I peeled off the clear film protector with a tab that the phone came with. I don't know if it makes a difference but I have the global Exynos S21 Ultra.

See at around 1'22" into this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4wrxLVs3eU

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
That is correct. Mine arrived with a clear plastic film with a tag at the top right, over the screen protector.
I'll have to look again but as far as I know mine didn't, my s10e had one built in which was great, I'm using the one with the tap which I cut off the extra part until my new ones come in

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to look again but as far as I know mine didn't, my s10e had one built in which was great, I'm using the one with the tap which I cut off the extra part until my new ones come in

I have found the original tabbed film that covered my screen protector when I unboxed and I have tried to recreate the look. When I peeled that film away, I could make out the screen protector underneath and feel the edge around the front camera and along the screen edges.

1gaZJLqt.jpg

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have found the original tabbed film that covered my screen protector when I unboxed and I have tried to recreate the look. When I peeled that film away, I could make out the screen protector underneath and feel the edge around the front camera and along the screen edges.

1gaZJLqt.jpg
I'm reading online that the US versions of the Galaxy S21 do not come with the screen protector underneath but the other countries are getting one.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm reading online that the US versions of the Galaxy S21 do not come with the screen protector underneath but the other countries are getting one.
Thanks for the comments everyone. I have a US version of the S21 (AT&T) and it doesn't appear to have a pre-installed screen protector.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Yes, it does seem that the global Exynos models come fitted with a Samsung screen protector and that the U.S. variants do not have one, for whatever reason. Anyone know why this is the case?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it does seem that the global Exynos models come fitted with a Samsung screen protector and that the U.S. variants do not have one, for whatever reason. Anyone know why this is the case?
Because the useless carriers want to upsell expensive screen protectors. I like to blame the US carriers for anything and everything

Most normal people won't shop for screen protectors from Amazon or elsewhere, they will just follow whatever the sales rep says.

And they don't want to just put on the US unlocked model since it helps to have the same stuff for all the US variants. They all are the same phone with different firmwares. So makes sense it's either on all US variants or not on any.

Obviously that's my take but I'll go with that

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The only US phone I had with screen protector was my s10+ , could be like BHAtech mentioned .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power