11-26-2021 11:33 AM
28 12
tools
    I've been reading that the S21 (6.2" base model) comes with a pre-installed film screen protector, but when I look at mine I can't tell if it has one or not. Does anyone know for sure if the S21 model comes a protector?
    01-30-2021 08:28 AM
    I thought mine hadn't. It had the removable sheet (really obvious) which I took off and added a glass protector which I had problems with FPS and sides of the screen. I pulled it off and looked closely (had to put my reading glasses on!) And it's very hard to see but if you feel around the front facing camera you can feel It there (if there is one)
    01-30-2021 09:51 AM
    I looked really closely with a magnifying glass and I just can't see a screen protector on my new S21. It might be there, but I just can't see it. I'm asking, for the reason you pointed out-- If I install a new screen protector I don't want to put it on top of an existing one.
    01-30-2021 11:09 AM
    At first I thought my S21 Ultra had come with a screen protector, but what I'd thought was the edge of the protector now seems to be merely a reflection of the edge of the screen. (I'm planning to leave it as it is.)
    01-30-2021 12:00 PM
    My S21 definitely did not come with a pre-installed screen protector.
    01-30-2021 12:09 PM
    Mine did not.
    01-30-2021 12:58 PM
    Mine did not, I ended up cutting the little tab off the protector they want you to remove and using it as a screen protector for now. I ordered a film protector because it seems the glass ones currently available have issues with the finger print scanner.
    01-30-2021 01:05 PM
    Mine did not, I ended up cutting the little tab off the protector they want you to remove and using it as a screen protector for now. I ordered a film protector because it seems the glass ones currently available have issues with the finger print scanner.
    Which film protector did you order?
    01-30-2021 02:08 PM
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08QJ...ws_feature_div

Giving these a shot
    01-30-2021 02:12 PM
    I thought mine hadn't. It had the removable sheet (really obvious) which I took off and added a glass protector which I had problems with FPS and sides of the screen. I pulled it off and looked closely (had to put my reading glasses on!) And it's very hard to see but if you feel around the front facing camera you can feel It there (if there is one)
    Mine also has a screen protector as I found out after I peeled off the clear film protector with a tab that the phone came with. I don't know if it makes a difference but I have the global Exynos S21 Ultra.

See at around 1'22" into this video...

01-30-2021 02:33 PM
    Mine also has a screen protector as I found out after I peeled off the clear film protector with a tab that the phone came with. I don't know if it makes a difference but I have the global Exynos S21 Ultra.

See at around 1'22" into this video...

So yours had one under the protector you peel off with the tab on it?
    01-30-2021 02:37 PM
    So yours had one under the protector you peel off with the tab on it?
    That is correct. Mine arrived with a clear plastic film with a tag at the top right, over the screen protector.
    01-30-2021 02:58 PM
    That is correct. Mine arrived with a clear plastic film with a tag at the top right, over the screen protector.
    I'll have to look again but as far as I know mine didn't, my s10e had one built in which was great, I'm using the one with the tap which I cut off the extra part until my new ones come in
    01-30-2021 03:01 PM
    I'll have to look again but as far as I know mine didn't, my s10e had one built in which was great, I'm using the one with the tap which I cut off the extra part until my new ones come in
    I have found the original tabbed film that covered my screen protector when I unboxed and I have tried to recreate the look. When I peeled that film away, I could make out the screen protector underneath and feel the edge around the front camera and along the screen edges.

01-30-2021 03:07 PM
    I have found the original tabbed film that covered my screen protector when I unboxed and I have tried to recreate the look. When I peeled that film away, I could make out the screen protector underneath and feel the edge around the front camera and along the screen edges.

[IMG=160x72]https://i.imgur.com/1gaZJLqt.jpg[/url]
    I'm reading online that the US versions of the Galaxy S21 do not come with the screen protector underneath but the other countries are getting one.
    01-30-2021 03:15 PM
    I'm reading online that the US versions of the Galaxy S21 do not come with the screen protector underneath but the other countries are getting one.
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I have a US version of the S21 (AT&T) and it doesn't appear to have a pre-installed screen protector.
    01-30-2021 03:41 PM
    Same here. I'm in UK

Edit: sorry. Just read the OP. Mine is the S21 ultra.
    01-30-2021 08:10 PM
    Yes, it does seem that the global Exynos models come fitted with a Samsung screen protector and that the U.S. variants do not have one, for whatever reason. Anyone know why this is the case?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-30-2021 09:06 PM
    Yes, it does seem that the global Exynos models come fitted with a Samsung screen protector and that the U.S. variants do not have one, for whatever reason. Anyone know why this is the case?
    Because the useless carriers want to upsell expensive screen protectors. I like to blame the US carriers for anything and everything

Most normal people won't shop for screen protectors from Amazon or elsewhere, they will just follow whatever the sales rep says.

And they don't want to just put on the US unlocked model since it helps to have the same stuff for all the US variants. They all are the same phone with different firmwares. So makes sense it's either on all US variants or not on any.

Obviously that's my take but I'll go with that
    ironass and mustang7757 like this.
    01-30-2021 09:48 PM
    The only US phone I had with screen protector was my s10+ , could be like BHAtech mentioned .
    ironass likes this.
    01-31-2021 12:10 AM
    But I thought people hated those flimsy plastic protectors Samsung included on the S20. So many posts about how people couldn't wait to take them off lol.
    01-31-2021 12:26 AM
    Because the useless carriers want to upsell expensive screen protectors. I like to blame the US carriers for anything and everything

Most normal people won't shop for screen protectors from Amazon or elsewhere, they will just follow whatever the sales rep says.

And they don't want to just put on the US unlocked model since it helps to have the same stuff for all the US variants. They all are the same phone with different firmwares. So makes sense it's either on all US variants or not on any.

Obviously that's my take but I'll go with that
    The only US phone I had with screen protector was my s10+ , could be like BHAtech mentioned .
    Yes... I think that BHAtech may well have hit the nail on the head. U.S. carriers have a history of screwing their customers over.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-31-2021 08:33 AM
    Yes... I think that BHAtech may well have hit the nail on the head. U.S. carriers have a history of screwing their customers over.
    Indeed
    ironass likes this.
    01-31-2021 11:02 AM
    But I thought people hated those flimsy plastic protectors Samsung included on the S20. So many posts about how people couldn't wait to take them off lol.
    Yup. Some people want a preinstalled protectors; some people are indifferent; some people remove it to install a better one; and some people remove it to keep the screen bare. When the protector is included, the first group of customers is being subsidized by the other three groups.
    01-31-2021 11:36 AM
    This may interest you. I purchased a GEL film screen protector. Terrific resuls, it doesn't interfere at all with the fingerprint scanner. I do not live in the United States, I got it from a vendor in China.
    09-16-2021 02:16 PM
28 12