What are the two holes on top of the Galaxy S21?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you may have poked a SIM key into a microphone aperture. Test whether the ambient noise cancellation is still working.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
you may have poked a SIM key into a microphone aperture.
Word is that Samsung actually noted on the peel-off sticker on the screen which hole to poke on the bottom in order to access the SIM tray. I guess they needed a notation on that to not poke the ones on the top too!

Typer77

Feb 16, 2021
Visit site
Yes, you may have poked a SIM key into a microphone aperture. Test whether the ambient noise cancellation is still working.

I did the same thing to my S21 Ultra on the hole on the bottom next to the SIM card tray.
I tested if it's the ambient noise cancellation still works by calling someone while I had another another phone playing youtube right next to my mouth. It seems like it's still working.

It was quite ambiguous to see on the black phone.

Typer77

Feb 16, 2021
Visit site
Thank you Mustang. I hope I didn't damage anything. I tested the ANC and pro video. they sounded normal. Fingers crossed.
but the Sim card pin did penetrate about 0.5 cm...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you Mustang. I hope I didn't damage anything. I tested the ANC and pro video. they sounded normal. Fingers crossed.
but the Sim card pin did penetrate about 0.5 cm...
I think your going be fine if those things are working. Your welcome!

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes, on the bottom there is a sim tray, mic and usb-c port.

I see that too, right next to the usb port. That made me nervous as it was so close to the sim tray.

I also don't see a microphone on the camera as indicated on the diagram. But top and bottom make sense for stereo.

Typer77

Feb 16, 2021
Visit site
I see that too, right next to the usb port. That made me nervous as it was so close to the sim tray.

Normally I am pretty cautious. But I was tired. Even though I saw the sim tray, my finger was covering the actual sim tray hole. therefore I missed and poked the wrong one. I think it would be an easy mistake for most users when they are not paying attention...

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I thought I read the mic holes had a 90 degree angle at the bottom to prevent folks from accidentally poking the mic's?