Hey all,

Has anyone successfully and simply moved their SIM card from one Verizon phone to an unlocked S21 ultra and kept WiFi calling ?

That is my biggest concern for now.

I have an unlocked Note 9 that I will be moving from... I do indeed have WiFi calling but was never able to get visual voice mail working.

Thanks,
    R
    01-31-2021 07:19 AM
    Yes
    01-31-2021 07:23 AM
    I had a similar problem with Verizons visual voicemail a few months back on a unlocked s20, someone on here recommeneded googles and YouMail. I used YouMail and it was ok. Now it seems the s21 does not support it either and I have a Verizon branded one. So I might be going back to using YouMail. Also I mentioned this in another thread but my S8 Sim said 4g on it(i'm guessing your Note 9 one will as well) and the new one I got for the s20 said 5G, Not sure if that matters as far as using the 5g network?
    Rhyalus likes this.
    01-31-2021 09:49 AM
    I moved my Verizon sim from my unlocked S20+ to my S21 Ultra unlocked and both Wifi calling and visual voice mail work.
    Rhyalus likes this.
    01-31-2021 10:36 AM
    Moved SIM over from Verizon locked N20U to unlocked S21U on Verizon. Wireless calling, visual voicemail all working great.
    01-31-2021 10:46 AM
    I had a similar problem with Verizons visual voicemail a few months back on a unlocked s20, someone on here recommeneded googles and YouMail. I used YouMail and it was ok. Now it seems the s21 does not support it either and I have a Verizon branded one. So I might be going back to using YouMail. Also I mentioned this in another thread but my S8 Sim said 4g on it(i'm guessing your Note 9 one will as well) and the new one I got for the s20 said 5G, Not sure if that matters as far as using the 5g network?
    This is going to be my 1st Verizon phone my S10 Plus now is unlocked and I kind of like You Mail and want to continue using it. I never used Visual Voice Mail when we had Sprint so I don't really know what it's like cause I've always used You Mail.
    01-31-2021 12:19 PM
    I moved my Verizon sim from my unlocked S20+ to my S21 Ultra unlocked and both Wifi calling and visual voice mail work.
    Same here, all good..
    01-31-2021 12:54 PM
    Thanks - I ultimately decided that visual voice mail was not that important, as long as the audio file was available and I didn't have to dial in like it was 1999. :-)

I used a 3rd party app for a while but abandoned it.

R
    02-01-2021 03:31 PM
    Thanks for reminding me about the 4G to 5G thing... I actually have a loyalty plan that is not unlimited but really suits my needs. It is not clear what changes I'll need to implement to access 5G (if any).

The website says 5G will be available to those with 4G...but the message is cloudy.

At the very least I'll get a new sim...

R
    02-01-2021 03:52 PM
    Yes. Verizon Note ultra to an unlocked s21 ultra. No issues except I can not shut off 5g. I have wifi calling and visual voice-mail.
    02-02-2021 06:52 PM
    No luck getting a Verizon 512GB anywhere

Wonder if they will be available again in the near future?
    02-02-2021 08:02 PM
    As a quick update, the 4G sim from my Note 9 did not work at all with the Ultra. I had to get a new sim (free of course) from Verizon.

Wifi calling works fine. I do not have a new unlimited plan, so supposedly, I cannot get 5G - though I do see 5G in the upper right in various locations. I cannot tell if I am actually using it, though - sometimes I think Verizon folks are not perfectly up to speed on what users can access 5G or not.

I have an older loyalty plan that is cheaper and suits me fine (20GB with 10GB roll over each month, and unlimited hot spot).

R
    02-13-2021 02:36 PM
    I'm pretty shocked I had to do this, why wouldn't it just work out of the gate, but I got Verizons Visual Voicemail working. I was on the MyVerizon app looking into a problem with my bill and I found a section where you can activate/deactivate visual voicemail for each line on the account and mine was not activated! So I switch that on and rid myself of Youmail for now. There was no option or menu in the voicemail app to do this. Never had to do that with other phones.
    02-18-2021 05:54 PM