plus vs ultra

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I have had my s21+ for 4 days now and I'm wondering if I should return for the ultra. I have pretty small hands but I'm wondering if the screen resolution and Camara is worth it. What do you all think?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I did that when I originally bought the S20+. I returned it the next day and got the Ultra. Can't really go wrong either way but if you're having regrets and are willing to pay the restocking fee, go for it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have had my s21+ for 4 days now and I'm wondering if I should return for the ultra. I have pretty small hands but I'm wondering if the screen resolution and Camara is worth it. What do you all think?
What's the difference in resolution. Will it really be that noticable?

Just ordered the 21 plus, I didn't think there was that much difference myself but I have time to change

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If I was going choose between them , I would go with the ultra it shouldn't be crazy difference in size , but the battery,camera I would want .

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I had the Plus for one or two days, and exchanged it for the Ultra. LOVE the ultra. :)

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference in resolution[?] Will it really be that notic[e]able?
The difference in resolution is that the Ultra displays 78% more detail. That's noticeable to some people and not to others, depending on eyesight, what's being displayed, and other factors. OP won't know whether it's noticeable to them just by asking which other people do or don't notice it.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The difference in resolution is that the Ultra displays 78% more detail. That's noticeable to some people and not to others, depending on eyesight, what's being displayed, and other factors. OP won't know whether it's noticeable to them just by asking which other people do or don't notice it.
Ok. Don't think it will be noticable enough for the extra dough

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I have small hands to but due to the bigger battery and the WQHD 120 adaptive I chose the Ultra. I figured a case with a pop socket would help me hold the phone. I haven't put it on yet but so far I am getting used to the phone. Picture is amazing! We love ours. Oh and the better cameras.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If price is not a concern them definitely Ultra given that they both are similar in screen size. Sure the Ultra is heavier and bigger but shouldn't be that far off from the plus in terms of size. If someone wants smaller phone makes sense with base S21.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Again, that's different for different people. For many of us, the sharper resolution (among other features) is enough to justify the extra cost; for many others, it isn't. There's no universally right or wrong answer.

We thought it was worth it for the cameras the bigger battery and WQHD. I was worried about it being too big but I'm getting used to it. Plus we get the 512 so we got 16 gigs of RAM but the Ultras have 12 compared to 8 on the plus.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I would say get the ultra while you can. Else it would be late. Whatever the plus got, ultra has it much better. Small hands are fine, i had Pixel 5 before this, that had the best form factor and size for small hands like mine. But after switching to S21 Ultra, I don't find it any difficult. Get a silicone case or something to get a better grip and less chance of slipping out of small hands.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would say get the ultra while you can. Else it would be late. Whatever the plus got, ultra has it much better. Small hands are fine, i had Pixel 5 before this, that had the best form factor and size for small hands like mine. But after switching to S21 Ultra, I don't find it any difficult. Get a silicone case or something to get a better grip and less chance of slipping out of small hands.
Yeah, it's a matter of opinion for everyone, get what works for you. I don't see anything that makes the ultra better for me, the camera, I don't care about the extra features, not much bigger battery, getting the 256 so the 512 is useless for me, over 5yeare with the S7 and only have 20 gigs on it, 3 on the SD card. Anything will be better resolution over the S7, don't see it, won't know what the resolution means on the ultra.

It does boil down to what you want and use the phone for. Now if I can get one without the front camera, I don't need to do silly selfies to do the look at me look at me.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, it's a matter of opinion for everyone, get what works for you. I don't see anything that makes the ultra better for me, the camera, I don't care about the extra features, not much bigger battery, getting the 256 so the 512 is useless for me, over 5yeare with the S7 and only have 20 gigs on it, 3 on the SD card. Anything will be better resolution over the S7, don't see it, won't know what the resolution means on the ultra.

It does boil down to what you want and use the phone for. Now if I can get one without the front camera, I don't need to do silly selfies to do the look at me look at me.
Correct, if it is me, i will spend a few more bucks and get the best. For some, The S21 plus would suffice, so that's okay as well. But incase OP wants to switch, better do that while the remorse period is up.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Correct, if it is me, i will spend a few more bucks and get the best. For some, The S21 plus would suffice, so that's okay as well. But incase OP wants to switch, better do that while the remorse period is up.
The options are all laid out there that's for sure. Again, everyone is different. If someone has lived with a S7 for for 5 years I'm sure even the s21 would be a great upgrade, they aren't to concerned with the best,,

I'm not telling you what is the way to go, just telling you me...just conversing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000