S20 Ultra to S21 Ultra

Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
Unless you really need WQHD+ resolution at 120hz or an improved main camera, the other upgrades are rather incremental and don't really justify the cost IMO.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
According to flossy Yes, if you want 100 zoom apparently that's better, camera is more embedded, that's good, but most cases took care of that, and it has better finish on back for color, less fingerprints, great if you don't put it in a case. The color finish is nice upgrade, but everyone uses cases anyway, and less of a curve screen. So, ask yourself if it's worth the cost for that. If it is, then go for it.

I'm probably being a little hard on the S21 series, but if the note is suppose to move to the S series, no Spen included and not embedded in the phone is a disaster and needs called out. Just my opinion.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I think it. came down to S pen was nice to have but not everybody used it all the time so now it's there for those who want it when they need it.

Silicone case is the best bet for this I would say and while the case is more bulky it's big enough phone as it is

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think it. came down to S pen was nice to have but not everybody used it all the time so now it's there for those who want it when they need it.

Silicone case is the best bet for this I would say and while the case is more bulky it's big enough phone as it is
That still don't cover the Spen being embedded in the phone, now you have to carry it around separate or get a special case to clip it in, and no bluetooth features also. So the note users and with the note sales being good have to settle for less. When I first bought the note, and the main reason I bought the notes after my first note was screen size, not the Spen, I didn't expect samsung to make the Spen optional so I could save $30. Now that the S series has finally gotten bigger screens I can see the note being phased over to the s series if samsung does it right.

If I remember right, in the past the notes have always been in the same price range as the s series and sometimes cheaper, and that was with embedded Spen. I'll research that later when I have time, I could be wrong. I'm talking same phones type, don't compare non 5G to 5G pricing.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely worth if especially when using Samsung.com trade in... it's actually a no-brainer considering you probably never get $800 for the S20 ultra anywhere else.

Steven Frost2

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
I've moved from the s20 ultra to the s21 ultra it is worth the move, battery life has been improved, camera focus improved improved chip set these are not minor changes in my books

consultant1027

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It's not worth coming from an S20 Plus or Note 20 Ultra. But If I had an S20 Ultra I'd do it to solve the mediocre focus performance on the camera. That's really the only relatively significant benefit along with the better cameras (10X optical zoom). The screen, glass, battery life, processor improvements are there but they aren't that big of differences.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the Note 20 Ultra and it was definitely worth it. I love how they've fixed the camera, no more blurriness around my pictures :)

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I had a Galaxy S10+, then Pixel 5 and thought it was awful so went back to the Galaxy S10+ and now I've ordered the S21 Ultra. Should arrive in a couple of days. Looking forward to it.