Pre order sales beat S10 and S20
    https://www.sammobile.com/news/galax...ating-s10-s20/
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-09-2021 10:33 AM
    Interesting.... I'm sure there are those that wouldn't even bother posting this lol
    Catman720 likes this.
    02-09-2021 12:51 PM
    Interesting with prices slashing so quick
    02-09-2021 05:25 PM
    Every year we see the same record breaking sales articles

I don't trust either the record breaking or the dismal sales articles. Unless they give actual numbers it's all marketing.

"Samsung UK hasn’t revealed exactly how many Galaxy S21 units were pre-ordered during the two-week period ending January 28, but the Galaxy S21 Ultra was apparently the main driving force behind this success."

Ok then

By the way I'm not saying they are not selling well or doing well. Without numbers it's all moot point. Anyway at the end I'm enjoying my S21 Ultra just like I enjoy every new phone
    Rose4uKY, J Dubbs, burrzoo and 1 others like this.
    02-09-2021 05:33 PM
    Remember, most of Samsung's sales are wholesale.
    The S21 is already getting massive price cuts at retailers. $200 off the Ultra and it's only been on sale less than a month. If sales were strong the price wouldn't be cut this much this fast.
    This explains why shipments have been cut so dramatically. Considering the price is significantly cheaper than the S20 but the sales are the same is bad. Sales should be higher with a $200 lower price vs the S20. The S21 is a bust.
    burrzoo likes this.
    02-10-2021 12:22 AM
    The S21 is already getting massive price cuts at retailers. $200 off the Ultra and it's only been on sale less than a month. If sales were strong the price wouldn't be cut this much this fast.
    This explains why shipments have been cut so dramatically. Considering the price is significantly cheaper than the S20 but the sales are the same is bad. Sales should be higher with a $200 lower price vs the S20. The S21 is a bust.
    Exactly. If I could get my father in law a note 20U for the same money I would, the note is a better phone by a long ways. Carriers such as Tmobile and others are giving them away for free. New phones don't get deep discounts this fast if the sales are doing great.

I don't doubt the S21 series is a good phone, but nowhere close to being a phone to leave the note 10+ or note 20ultra. I dont think I would leave the S20U ultra either. If the S series is indeed suppose to take the place of the note series, samsung failed miserably at doing the transition. Spen not included or housed in the phone is a huge failure, amongst other small things. I'm sure my father in law will survive fine with the S21+, it's more me knowing there's a better phone available, just costs more.
    02-10-2021 04:08 AM
    That's not exactly true. The iphone 7 had a huge "free with trade-in promo" when it released on T-Mobile not to mention the newest iphone was half off with trade-in on top of T-Mobile offering an extra 200 dollars to long tenured customers. Promotions aren't always indicative to the sales volume. I feel that the Bestbuy promotion is more or less compensating for the pre-order credit that they were giving which is clever marketing on their part as it allows you to get the same deal without having to wait on rebate or spend the credit on more of their products which may have cause people to not initially order the device.
    Exactly. If I could get my father in law a note 20U for the same money I would, the note is a better phone by a long ways. Carriers such as Tmobile and others are giving them away for free. New phones don't get deep discounts this fast if the sales are doing great.

I don't doubt the S21 series is a good phone, but nowhere close to being a phone to leave the note 10+ or note 20ultra. I dont think I would leave the S20U ultra either. If the S series is indeed suppose to take the place of the note series, samsung failed miserably at doing the transition. Spen not included or housed in the phone is a huge failure, amongst other small things. I'm sure my father in law will survive fine with the S21+, it's more me knowing there's a better phone available, just costs more.
    02-10-2021 04:25 AM
    That's not exactly true. The iphone 7 had a huge "free with trade-in promo" when it released on T-Mobile not to mention the newest iphone was half off with trade-in on top of T-Mobile offering an extra 200 dollars to long tenured customers. Promotions aren't always indicative to the sales volume. I feel that the Bestbuy promotion is more or less compensating for the pre-order credit that they were giving which is clever marketing on their part as it allows you to get the same deal without having to wait on rebate or spend the credit on more of their products which may have cause people to not initially order the device.
    Well I will say some of the promo deals could also be customer grabs for the carrier also. I still think a portion of the sales this early is in part due to lower sales out the gate. I don't pay to much attention to sales anyway, if I like the phone I get it. The S series this time around did not get me motivated, only reason I am involved in ordering one is for family member, and it's the promo pricing that he's doing it for, can't get him talked into spending $200 more for a note 20U.
    02-10-2021 04:31 AM
    we heard different reports last year too but will see how it comes out by mid of the year. I think the ultra will sell the most even with the higher price. It's your all in one perfect smart phone I would say and will get more people to try out the most.
    02-10-2021 04:42 AM
    S21 doing fairly well so far. I don't remember any of these articles last year. I attribute it to cheaper prices and strong early reviews.

https://www.androidauthority.com/sam...sales-1199806/
    02-10-2021 09:18 AM
    Completely agree as Samsung is offering the phones for less if you use carrier financing. They aren't happy with the phone manufacturers selling unlocked models as there's no way to truly lock you into their networks so they have to do promotions to replace the 2 year phone subsidies that we are use to having when purchasing a device at a lower price.

Well I will say some of the promo deals could also be customer grabs for the carrier also.
    02-10-2021 10:08 AM
    The S21 is a bust.
    Yawn...same ole same ole.
    buzzy3970 likes this.
    02-10-2021 11:27 AM

Literally every Samsung release is a promotions bonanza. That's the main draw of Samsung phones, they always have some kind of promotions running either directly or via carriers. I mean there were plenty of discounts for every other Samsung launch and will continue to be going forward. Samsung isn't Apple to command full price without any discounts. That's like shooting themselves in the foot.

I buy every Samsung flagship at launch mainly because of the insane offers they have. Can't imagine buying a Samsung phone for full price

So nothing new for S21 series and you know that, but just want to justify that S21 isn't selling well because they removed your favorite features on the phone.
    02-10-2021 11:31 AM
    You should scroll thru Best Buy for Ultra, more than 1/2 of the options are sold out. Only 128GB did I see available.
    02-10-2021 11:32 AM
    You should scroll thru Best Buy for Ultra, more than 1/2 of the options are sold out. Only 128GB did I see available.
    Best buy is always short on new phones at first. I can see why they still have the 128, isn't it only $50 more to go to 256, not sure.
    02-10-2021 04:54 PM
    Literally every Samsung release is a promotions bonanza. That's the main draw of Samsung phones, they always have some kind of promotions running either directly or via carriers. I mean there were plenty of discounts for every other Samsung launch and will continue to be going forward. Samsung isn't Apple to command full price without any discounts. That's like shooting themselves in the foot.

I buy every Samsung flagship at launch mainly because of the insane offers they have. Can't imagine buying a Samsung phone for full price

So nothing new for S21 series and you know that, but just want to justify that S21 isn't selling well because they removed your favorite features on the phone.
    If your talking to me, I have no idea what the sales are, nor do I ever care what the sales are. I am simply saying I could understand if the sales are down and if they are running better promotions sooner, as I do feel they are running better promos sooner. A reason for this could be sales are lower then normal, remember the pre-order phase is over, that's when samsung usually runs the best deals. Again, this is all speculation on my part, I'm just conversing. I don't buy phones because they are new, I buy them because they have value in features... S21 series has none for me so it's simple I'm not getting one, others are thats great. I don't need to buy every flagship available just because it's new. I'm only watching this forum for my father in law who is getting one for any issues or features to tell him, so just conversing while at it, and I'm learning things, I don't hate the s21 like I did before, I just see no need for me to get one.

I will say the back of the s21 ultra is nice, the best I've seen on samsung, but we all trow cases on them anyway so not sure if that is a huge deal anyway.
    02-10-2021 05:11 PM
    This is good to know. I think the fact that we're also in a global pandemic is maybe making the stats "seem" to be skewed.
    02-10-2021 09:02 PM