S-pen case

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone get the S-pen case without the cover?

I have the one with the cover and I actually like it. It doesn't feel too big.

My question about the case without the cover, how are the edges protected? Is there a lip surrounding the screen where if it was face down, the screen wouldn't touch the table?

There is no lip on the cover case but I assume it's because it has a cover.

If you have pictures of the s21u in the case I would appreciate it.

Budman40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the case and it does have a little protection on 3 of the 4 sides. The side opposite the pen is lower or even that the screen. the other sides are about 1/16th inch or so. These pics are the best i could do to show it. 20210211_190425.jpg20210211_190342.jpg

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to have an S-pen attached to my phone, but the phone is difficult enough for me to handle as it is. I'd actually prefer to have the pen holder on the back of the case.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Sure, that's be great. But as I have an S21 Ultra, I think it safer to keep the s-pen outside the phone.
Safer.... I'm talking convenience. If I must spell it out, design/build the s21 ultra with the Spen embedded in the phone like the note. I'll catch you up, it is also rumored that the note is being moved to the S series, and the Spen not embedded in the phone is a disaster if that's the plan.

Hopefully my comment makes more sense now.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Safer.... I'm talking convenience. If I must spell it out, design/build the s21 ultra with the Spen embedded in the phone like the note. I'll catch you up, it is also rumored that the note is being moved to the S series, and the Spen not embedded in the phone is a disaster if that's the plan.

Hopefully my comment makes more sense now.
You know we get it, you don't like the s21 series and you prefer the note series. You've made your point in several threads, now do you think you can stop trying to push your opinion on everyone and let everyone have their preferences? It gets a little old seeing you having to comment everytime someone asks about spen with s21 series. And at this point your observations of the note series going away to the s series isn't 100 factual at the moment as Samsung has not officially made that fact truly known yet. That is pure rumor and speculation at this point. The Note series could actually move to the foldable devices as well for all we know and nextbyears s series could not even have spen capabilities.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Can't say much here, but wow. Samsung fanboys are getting as bad as apple fanboys.

What? I'm not saying you're wrong in general, but how does your response make any sense here?

They're comparing one Samsung phone to another, whether they pick the S or Note line their "fanboy" status would be totally intact.

Your comment is redundant.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You know we get it, you don't like the s21 series and you prefer the note series. You've made your point in several threads, now do you think you can stop trying to push your opinion on everyone and let everyone have their preferences? It gets a little old seeing you having to comment everytime someone asks about spen with s21 series. And at this point your observations of the note series going away to the s series isn't 100 factual at the moment as Samsung has not officially made that fact truly known yet. That is pure rumor and speculation at this point. The Note series could actually move to the foldable devices as well for all we know and nextbyears s series could not even have spen capabilities.
Oh, ok I'll think about it. Not.

It's ok, I understand, people don't like bad idea and decisions pointed out.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Oh, ok I'll think about it. Not.

It's ok, I understand, people don't like bad idea and decisions pointed out.
I could careless about the Spen. I have had almost every note series since the first note. I never hardly use it but once in a blue moon. Most people that buy the s series also could care less about it. Some will want it for the novelty of it. Or some may just want the extra battery capacity that the silo for the spen takes up. Because you think it's a bad idea doesn't make it a bad idea.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What? I'm not saying you're wrong in general, but how does your response make any sense?

They're comparing one Samsung phone to another, whether they pick the S or Note line their "fanboy" status would be totally intact.

Your comment is redundant.
Because rumors are out every year the note will be moved to the S series, and the way they did the S pen on the S series is a disaster if that's the plan.

Thank God I've done some digging and found a samsung employee is saying there are plans of note 21, so if they don't get stupid and follow the s21 s pen then there's no issue. I'm not a fanboy that will quietly accept what they take away, my generation doesn't do that, we voice our opinion, and we don't care if people don't like it. Others have opinion that the Spen not embedded is great, that's great but I don't think so and I make it well known.. trust me, samsung doesn't come right out and say they read forums like this, but I bet they do.. they hinted at it on the note 20 announcement. So why not state it.

By the way I'm not just a note user, I use the S series and the fold. So I'm not just a note die hard user

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Because rumors are out every year the note will be moved to the S series, and the way they did the S pen on the S series is a disaster if that's the plan.

Thank God I've done some digging and found a samsung employee is saying there are plans of note 21, so if they don't get stupid and follow the s21 s pen then there's no issue. I'm not a fanboy that will quietly accept what they take away, my generation doesn't do that, we voice our opinion, and we don't care if people don't like it. Others have opinion that the Spen not embedded is great, that's great but I don't think so and I make it well known.. trust me, samsung doesn't come right out and say they read forums like this, but I bet they do.. they hinted at it on the note 20 announcement. So why not state it.

By the way I'm not just a note user, I use the S series and the fold. So I'm not just a note die hard user

Not caring about a feature you care about doesn't make someone a fanboy.

I can tell you now I don't care about the Note. In my opinion it's just an S with a chunk of battery cut out to make room for a gimmick.

But you won't find any posts from me in the note forums calling it's users names or trying to make them feel bad because I don't like their device, because I understand not everyone thinks like l do and I respect their choice.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I could careless about the Spen. I have had almost every note series since the first note. I never hardly use it but once in a blue moon. Most people that buy the s series also could care less about it. Some will want it for the novelty of it. Or some may just want the extra battery capacity that the silo for the spen takes up. Because you think it's a bad idea doesn't make it a bad idea.
And that's your opinion, should I chastise you for it... I've seen several opinions like yours, but if I or someone says opposite you have the right to tell us to shut up, you made your opinion clear, just as as others that like it made their opinion clear.

I will continue to make my opinion clear, but I'll lay off a little since I've researched and it appears the note isn't going anywhere this year, but I'm going to keep my opinion out there as I don't want the Spen disaster of the S21 coming to the note or fold.

Oh, just because you don't use a feature doesn't mean it's not important to others. As I stated in other post, I'm not a die hard note fan, I've used s series and currently the fold 2, I just don't see a reason to go to the S21, that's my opinion and I have the right to it and to state it.. you don't have to like it

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
And that's your opinion, should I chastise you for it... I've seen several opinions like yours, but if I or someone says opposite you have the right to tell us to shut up, you made your opinion clear, just as as others that like it made their opinion clear.

I will continue to make my opinion clear, but I'll lay off a little since I've researched and it appears the note isn't going anywhere this year, but I'm going to keep my opinion out there as I don't want the Spen disaster of the S21 coming to the note or fold.

Oh, just because you don't use a feature doesn't mean it's not important to others. As I stated in other post, I'm not a die hard note fan, I've used s series and currently the fold 2, I just don't see a reason to go to the S21, that's my opinion and I have the right to it and to state it.. you don't have to like it
I wasn't saying you didn't have an opinion. You have made it several times over. And I am also not putting your opinion down you telling you that your opinion is bad as you have with a lot of people here over and over. So take what you just said apply it to yourself. So my take is you can criticize someone for their opinion but don't dare criticize you huh. Priceless....and buy the way, quit twisting my words as I never said you had to shut up. I simply said everytime anyone says anything about a spen with the s21 series you insert your opinion and then tell them how terrible of an opinion because you think the s series is trash. Most normal people who has an opinion makes and moves on.

And speaking of moving, I'm going to do that very same thing as I have said everything I am going to say in this matter. Have a pleasant day.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Not caring about a feature you care about doesn't make someone a fanboy.

I can tell you now I don't care about the Note. In my opinion it's just an S with a chunk of battery cut out to make room for a gimmick.

But you won't find any posts from me in the note forums calling it's users names or trying to make them feel bad because I don't like their device, because I understand not everyone thinks like l do and I respect their choice.
I misspoke on your reply a little. I understand the note and S series are different phones. You have to understand we keep hearing the note is being cut and moved to the S series and a Spen that's not embedded or included is a disaster for note users, so that's why I mention the s pen being a disaster on the s21, and when I see everyone make excuses for it just makes me think fanboy is all.

I've researched more today and it appears the note isn't going anywhere this year, so I'll lay low a little. Samsung does not admit to watching these forums, but they hinted at doing that on the note 20 announcement and I bet they do. So I just want to make it clear that note users will see the Spen configuration on the s21 a disaster and I hope they follow the note Spen configuration on the fold.

Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier, it's early and I think I was mixing your comment with the one telling me to shut up. Sorry about that