Anyone use Bubbles? Need help placing it in a default location

usmdesigner

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I've always used bubbles with facebook messenger and loved it. I wasn't aware we could even use bubbles for everything now!

My only issue, is when I move the bubble to the lower left of the phone (easier to open there), it doesn't stay when I remove the bubble. It goes back to the top left of the phone when a new one shows up.

Facebook bubbles on my old phone would always appear where I last had it. Even though I would swipe it away to get it out of my way (drag to the X at the bottom)

Anyone found a way to keep it in the location you last had it at??

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Im having the same issue. It defaults back to the Top left. Which is far on my plus.

I turned on bubbles but they're not working how do you get them to work? I turned it on under phone settings and I use Samsung for texting and Facebook Messenger to text sometimes. But I turned off chat heads a while back because they were bugging me but now I want to try the bubbles.

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I turned on bubbles but they're not working how do you get them to work? I turned it on under phone settings and I use Samsung for texting and Facebook Messenger to text sometimes. But I turned off chat heads a while back because they were bugging me but now I want to try the bubbles.

I pull down the notification, hit 3 dot, hit status bar and it says floating notification. Off/bubbles/smart popup.

Bubbles is just like chatheads. A bit smoother but the same none the less.

Bubbles only works if its compatible with the app. Samsung messages should work just by it being set to bubbles. But restart it if you have to.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I pull down the notification, hit 3 dot, hit status bar and it says floating notification. Off/bubbles/smart popup.

Bubbles is just like chatheads. A bit smoother but the same none the less.

Bubbles only works if its compatible with the app. Samsung messages should work just by it being set to bubbles. But restart it if you have to.

Yes I had it set the bubbles and I'm not seeing any I guess I will do a restart.

usmdesigner

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
You have to go to the app itself and turn on bubbles as well. I had the same issue where they weren't working. I didn't know you had to take that 2nd step. Now i have bubbles for facebook messenger and my text. Saves about 1 click per message. But I get a lot throughout the day, so this is worth it for me.

Just hate they default to the top and don't save where you drag it! The s21 ultra screen is so big, lol.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
You have to go to the app itself and turn on bubbles as well. I had the same issue where they weren't working. I didn't know you had to take that 2nd step. Now i have bubbles for facebook messenger and my text. Saves about 1 click per message. But I get a lot throughout the day, so this is worth it for me.

Just hate they default to the top and don't save where you drag it! The s21 ultra screen is so big, lol.

Oh Ok I see it now on Messages show as bubbles under settings. Thanks! I just wanted to try it. I am using it for messenger I like them their smaller and I even saw a popup of the message. The chat heads on Messenger used to bug me. I kind of like the bubbles now to see it on text since i turned the setting on. Thanks!

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Theres an article on Androidcentral it tells us google hasnt implemented the option to keep the bubbles in a place when you move it. It always default to the same top left. But it should be coming as per android 12...

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Can you select which people in messenger can have a bubble. That didn't work for me

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Can you select which people in messenger can have a bubble. That didn't work for me

I dont use FB messenger. But if you go to Advance settings. Notification history And select a notification at the bottom of that is an option to add to conversation. Amd after that you can have bubbles just for that person or all or none. But its really weird, the setting for set as conversation only shows up for some people and not orhers. But if you do get it to set. Back out to advance settings and then one down to conversation and you can click on that person that is set and change to have bubbles for them or exclude them.

I just dont know why it only shows up for some.