Whitestone Dome - More curing light or less?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Installed the Whitestone dome and it came out perfect.

Just wondering if it makes any difference to use the curing light more than recommended?

I've already done a few extra minutes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I always do ,60 seconds Is initially and additional 5 minutes each top/middle/bottom

Last edited:

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I've learned to exactly what they instruct, 15/15 + 60/60 + 60/60. Used to do the middle in addition to the top and bottom but have found too much curing dries the glue almost too much. I've noticed it causes the edges of the phone to have what appears is more dried glue that detaches from the phone screen. It becomes really difficult to get the screen protector off the phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No problem.

I do an extra 15 seconds three times myself. But I figured 15 minutes had to be a typo.
Yeah that should be good, and definitely was lol , also won't use the phone for rest of the day to leave cure more overnight.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe the glue ever actually hardens.

The one I had on my Note 20 Ultra was able too peel off pretty easy after being on for 5-6 months.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't actually used a Whitestone protector, but I do know it's possible to over cure a UV cure adhesive and cause it to break down.

I'd stick to the prescribed dose.

If a cake recipe tells you to bake for 30 minutes, you probably shouldn't bake it for 2 and a half hours "just to be sure".

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I can't say for sure , but being able after 5 months to peel it off easily is a concern for me that it didn't stick good.

As crazy as it may sound, I want the glue to remain slightly flexible between the screen protector and phone screen. When it is dried, crusty and caked on that is when my OCD can tell the little waves of dried glue under the screen and then I start obsessing. I guess it comes down to personal preference.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As crazy as it may sound, I want the glue to remain slightly flexible between the screen protector and phone screen. When it is dried, crusty and caked on that is when my OCD can tell the little waves of dried glue under the screen and then I start obsessing. I guess it comes down to personal preference.
I've been using dome since s8+ and pretty much same steps I've mentioned and never had the waves under the display after curing , that to me sounds like a bad install.