02-15-2021 04:35 AM
    That guy was spot on. Samsung is doing this for profits and good PR. The key words he said, samsung and apple reduced THEIR carbon footprint reducing THEIR costs.

Let's just go out on a limb here and state the obvious, if you're buying a new phone every six months to a year, then being green isn't a big thing to you, even if you say you are green. Sometimes the truth stings a little, I'm one that upgrades at least once a year, so I'm talking to me also. So I can admit it and also say companies are advertising going green now for 2 reasons, people eat it up, and profits.

I wonder how many earbuds apple and samsung have sold since taking away the 3.5 jack. Apple has always been greedy, samsung is just catching on. At least samsung hasn't done the no charger in box but takes different charger forcing you to buy one like apple.. yet.
    02-15-2021 05:26 AM
    Some fair points to be honest. I own a lot of tech, and I don't have any wired headphones that will work with USB-C, at the least I'd need to buy an adapter.

I also only own a charger fast enough to take advantage of the phone because I've bought one separately in the past, which incidentally is a 45W GaN one that would fit in the current box.

What gets me though, is that if they REALLY wanted to be environmentally friendly, the phone would have more easily replaceable parts. Especially the battery.
    02-15-2021 06:42 AM