Password every 72 hrs and not accepting

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Update: Conected to PC. Was able to force a factory reset.

Hours lost. Lesson hopefully learned. A lot of photos though may not have made it to OneDrive, still checking.

______

Asks for pswd with at least 1 letter. I never used pswd before always just 8 digit number. But yesterday I did create a pswd. But I'm locked out now. And I am down to guessing - using my backup s21

Can't even restart. Was long busy day and didn't sleep much and not well, doesn't help.

Unlock with Face ID recognition has never worked on old note 20, traded for S21U, or on s21. FPS is fine. Never knew about this rule. Because I unlock and use it all day.

Use pattern, pin, OR password every 72 hours- seems it will only allow pswd and NOT my pin though.

View attachment 332310

Last edited:

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Update: Conected to PC. Was able to force a factory reset.

Hours lost. Lesson hopefully learned. A lot of photos though may not have made it to OneDrive, still checking.

______

Asks for pswd with at least 1 letter. I never used pswd before always just 8 digit number. But yesterday I did create a pswd. But I'm locked out now. And I am down to guessing - using my backup s21

Can't even restart. Was long busy day and didn't sleep much and not well, doesn't help.

Unlock with Face ID recognition has never worked on old note 20, traded for S21U, or on s21. FPS is fine. Never knew about this rule. Because I unlock and use it all day.

Use pattern, pin, OR password every 72 hours- seems it will only allow pswd and NOT my pin though.

View attachment 332310

I'm sorry to hear about that. That is weird.

You should set your passwords to show while you type it in. Just in case your fingers hit a different key.

I know if you type in search "about biometrics" put in your pin/password and go down to about biometrics. It tells you that face unlock needs a pin/password every 24 hours and. FPS needs a pin/password every 72 hours for safety reasons. I had no clue it had this either, I didn't have it in my s9.

But face unlock on the s21 is a lot better I think. Just be sure to scan your face in bright lighting.

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about that. That is weird.

You should set your passwords to show while you type it in. Just in case your fingers hit a different key.

I know if you type in search "about biometrics" put in your pin/password and go down to about biometrics. It tells you that face unlock needs a pin/password every 24 hours and. FPS needs a pin/password every 72 hours for safety reasons. I had no clue it had this either, I didn't have it in my s9.

But face unlock on the s21 is a lot better I think. Just be sure to scan your face in bright lighting.

I had never heard that about every 72 hrs and FPS. Good to know!

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Samsung says one think in one place, Use either / or, but in actual practice will only accept a alpha numeric password.

Samsung seems... confused. Documentation is also behind on what got programmed.

And why do I have features that need updates but only asks for when I go to use it? There are things hidden in nooks and crannies in Settings, and some buried, maybe not where you'd expect.

Unroll all the settings. Flowchart. Diagram. See where they lead, or blind alleys.

Why is an app in Notifications not able to show the full app settings! Why not all things related be in the top level Apps Setting category? You can bet no collaboration went into different features.

How helpful is a alert ⚠️ symbol that an app crashed yesterday... what was it doing? Why? Was log sent to Google, Samsung, app developer? One if those buried features with potential.

One UI 4.0 could use some design improvement, maybe Android 13 or 14 so not in immediate future I fear.

Q: Find My Mobile can use other people's Samsung phone to find yours, anonymously, to unlock etc., which is to me creepy. Room for LE to tap into.

With 6G cellular WE are or could be the network. Person of Interest tv show sci-fi stuff.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I had never heard that about every 72 hrs and FPS. Good to know!
From biometrics settings, you'll see the information. Been this way always, it's a security feature and part of Android I believe.

50803237bbbe30b22d3a9e8657531781.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12