03-10-2021 06:17 PM
31 12
tools
    Question I have sprint but I am able to use a t-mobile sim. However in the default messaging app there is no option to enable or disable rcs. Is that by design with tmobile or is something off. None of the conversations I have rcs capabilities with are showing them. This includes my brother who is on t-mobile and has the note 20. Also with sprint there is a volte icon at the top. That doesnt exists either, I am wondering if that's because its using 5g now and that's just part of 5g.

If I have a sprint sim then I am able to use all those features with out a single problem.
    03-01-2021 11:10 PM
    Are these unlocked phones or carrier versions?
    TheAngryToaster likes this.
    03-01-2021 11:30 PM
    Are these unlocked phones or carrier versions?
    It's the phone I got from sprint/t-mobile
    03-02-2021 07:09 AM
    After setting up my phone, I updated and opened the app to find the settings missing. I rebooted the phone and made sure that I was connected to the T-Mo network directly then they showed up.
    03-02-2021 08:32 AM
    It's the phone I got from sprint/t-mobile
    Both with carrier version have rcs
    03-02-2021 12:52 PM
    After setting up my phone, I updated and opened the app to find the settings missing. I rebooted the phone and made sure that I was connected to the T-Mo network directly then they showed up.
    I have restarted the phone several times and it still won't show rcs. If I slap my sprint sim in everything works perfectly, which is what I may end up doing because t-mobiles network sucks a lot on this phone for some reason.
    03-02-2021 03:43 PM
    Both with carrier version have rcs
    Ended up just putting a sprint sim back in the phone. I wasn't even able to download the February update with the t-mobile service activated. As soon as I activated the sprint sim again. RCS is back Volte is back and I am updating to the latest software as I type this.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-02-2021 05:14 PM
    Ended up just putting a sprint sim back in the phone. I wasn't even able to download the February update with the t-mobile service activated. As soon as I activated the sprint sim again. RCS is back Volte is back and I am updating to the latest software as I type this.
    Yeah I think your better off with sprint sim until you can't .
    03-02-2021 06:50 PM
    Yeah I think your better off with sprint sim until you can't .
    Pretty much, I happen to live in a city where they have a solid 5g build out. In my apartment I get around 150mbps download and at work I get over 200 regularly. I don't even connect to my office wifi because its now slower most of the time.
    03-02-2021 07:57 PM
    Pretty much, I happen to live in a city where they have a solid 5g build out. In my apartment I get around 150mbps download and at work I get over 200 regularly. I don't even connect to my office wifi because its now slower most of the time.
    Yeah I've heard that with sprint sim
    03-02-2021 08:36 PM
    guys I finally found a knowledgeable Samsung tech support individual. who said the unlocked phones do not allow the chat feature on T-Mobile carrier. he had no idea why they blocked it, but he's hoping in future updates the chat feature will become visible to customers who have an unlocked phone on T-Mobile.
    03-04-2021 07:01 PM
    guys I finally found a knowledgeable Samsung tech support individual. who said the unlocked phones do not allow the chat feature on T-Mobile carrier. he had no idea why they blocked it, but he's hoping in future updates the chat feature will become visible to customers who have an unlocked phone on T-Mobile.
    But this isn't an unlocked phone, I bought it directly from sprint which is now owned by t-mobile. I wonder if the t-mobile system registers the device as an unlocked phone when you bring it over from sprints service. That would be why the chat features are not available on a phone purchased through a sprint account and used on t-mobiles network.
    03-04-2021 07:10 PM
    How stupid! I can't see why carriers seem to block features. My network carrier doesn't support visual voicemail. But others in the UK do. And there is poor 5g rollout everywhere except major cities. But I can turn off 5g in the settings to save battery. Others in USA block that setting so phones are locked to finding 5g even when it is nowhere around.
    03-04-2021 07:12 PM
    This we already knew , only Sprint sim did on unlocked version
    03-04-2021 07:48 PM
    But this isn't an unlocked phone, I bought it directly from sprint which is now owned by t-mobile. I wonder if the t-mobile system registers the device as an unlocked phone when you bring it over from sprints service. That would be why the chat features are not available on a phone purchased through a sprint account and used on t-mobiles network.
    Which sim t-mobile or sprint?
    03-04-2021 07:49 PM
    TMO
    03-04-2021 08:23 PM
    T-mobile sim on carrier phone should definitely have rcs .
    03-04-2021 08:27 PM
    Which sim t-mobile or sprint?
    My account is still through sprint, due to the merger I can use a t-mobile sim in my sprint phone. On iPhone there is no issues at all when I have a t-mobile sim in my sprint iPhone 12 mini.

On the S21 I lose chat features and volte when I have a t-mobile sim in my sprint S21. If you take into account that unlocked s21 phones don't have chat features enabled. It would make since that when you activate a t-mobile sim, sprint is removing the carrier lock on the s21. You essentially have an unlocked sprint S21 that you are using on the t-mobile network.
    03-04-2021 08:32 PM
    My account is still through sprint, due to the merger I can use a t-mobile sim in my sprint phone. On iPhone there is no issues at all when I have a t-mobile sim in my sprint iPhone 12 mini.

On the S21 I lose chat features and volte when I have a t-mobile sim in my sprint S21. If you take into account that unlocked s21 phones don't have chat features enabled. It would make since that when you activate a t-mobile sim, sprint is removing the carrier lock on the s21. You essentially have an unlocked sprint S21 that you are using on the t-mobile network.
    That's interesting with a sprint removing carrier lock , the merger is definitely got things all mixed up.
    03-04-2021 08:36 PM
    That's interesting with a sprint removing carrier lock , the merger is definitely got things all mixed up.
    Thats the only thing I can think of that would cause my S21 to lose rcs and volte when I have a t-mobile sim in it. It is a sprint phone, it comes with a sprint sim pre installed when you get it.

Im going to hold out with officially switching to t-mobile until I don't have choice. Mainly because I have a killer unlimited everything plan that is $55 a month.
    03-04-2021 08:42 PM
    Thats the only thing I can think of that would cause my S21 to lose rcs and volte when I have a t-mobile sim in it. It is a sprint phone, it comes with a sprint sim pre installed when you get it.

Im going to hold out with officially switching to t-mobile until I don't have choice. Mainly because I have a killer unlimited everything plan that is $55 a month.
    I'm surprised they let you use the sprint sim , they trying phase that out , with t-mobile sim does it change to TMobile start up screen?
    03-04-2021 08:49 PM
    I'm surprised they let you use the sprint sim , they trying phase that out , with t-mobile sim does it change to TMobile start up screen?
    I think the plan is integrating the sprint customers and towers over the next 2 years. Then completely dissolve sprint and just have t-mobile. With a t-mobile sim it does change to a t-mobile splash screen on start and installs all the t-mobile bloat.
    03-04-2021 08:59 PM
    I think the plan is integrating the sprint customers and towers over the next 2 years. Then completely dissolve sprint and just have t-mobile. With a t-mobile sim it does change to a t-mobile splash screen on start and installs all the t-mobile bloat.
    If they don't try earlier to do that lol. If you ever put your t-mobile sim back try clearing the samsung message data then force stop and see if u get rcs .
    03-04-2021 09:03 PM
    If they don't try earlier to do that lol. If you ever put your t-mobile sim back try clearing the samsung message data then force stop and see if u get rcs .
    I actually put the t-mobile sim in the phone before I even turned it on for the first time. During the setup process it was activated on t-mobiles network. The first one I had I only used on the sprint network and that's how I know that rcs works with out issue on sprint.
    03-04-2021 09:08 PM
    I actually put the t-mobile sim in the phone before I even turned it on for the first time. During the setup process it was activated on t-mobiles network. The first one I had I only used on the sprint network and that's how I know that rcs works with out issue on sprint.
    Yeah not sure how TMobile handling this on a sprint phone , but sprint sim would get you rcs on unlocked or carrier version .
    03-04-2021 09:12 PM
31 12