Phone problem while using Android Auto

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I recently just switched back to Android and the S21 Ultra from iPhone and I am loving my new toy, but I am having one challenge I need to overcome quickly. While driving and using Android Auto - I initiate a call by long pressing the steering wheel button which activates the Google voice assistant. I tell it to call a contact, which it does, but when the person answers the phone the audio switches from car to the handset and there is no easy way to switch it back. It's impossible to do while driving, and even while stationary I have been unable to figure out how to get it to reconnect with the car.

Receiving calls does not seem to be a problem, it's only when making a call. If I can't resolve this quickly I will have to return it as much as I would love to keep it. I need to be able to easily make calls while in the car. Any suggestions?

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone connected to any other bluetooth devices, like a watch? I'm having the same issue with my Pixel 3 and it's driving me nuts ... Yesterday when calls weren't directing properly I tried everything with no luck. Then I had the idea to go into my phone's bluetooth settings and disconnect my watch, as soon as I did that the call audio played through the car properly.

I've learned Android Auto is a real PITA and riddled with it's oddities regardless of the device you're using. If you're loving your phone otherwise I don't recommend using Android Auto as a judge for it's demise