So sad for s21 haters

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm sure it's a great phone but I can see why many are sticking with previous phone.. It's also important to others having SD card... It's all personal usage a d needs and great having choices

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No question the s21 one of the best phones out there right now , but I can also understand why some are upset about features taken out.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No question the s21 one of the best phones out there right now , but I can also understand why some are upset about features taken out.
Well said. Not everyone is jumping with joy on losing features. I never said the s21 was a bad phone, just no reason to move to it with the note 20 ultra or fold 2nin hand.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
My wife has the Ultra and I got jealous and ordered one last night. I subscribe to Google One for additional storage for photos and Drive storage. I got a one year old and the camera and video capabilities of the Ultra are too much to pass up after spending time with it.

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
I'm thinking that a small portable external ssd card would fix issue with sd card slot, figure more reliable), my biggest issue over buying the note 20 ultra, which they made the 21 in the same size and square corners as the note (looks more cinematic).

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking that a small portable external ssd card would fix issue with sd card slot, figure more reliable), my biggest issue over buying the note 20 ultra, which they made the 21 in the same size and square corners as the note (looks more cinematic).
I've never had any issues with SD cards myself, but I don't buy them off Amazon or ebay either. I look at the portable ssd card the same as the portable Spen, I don't need anything extra to carry around, built in is always better in my book. To each their own though, if people don't mind carrying things around and hooking them up so be it. I guess I'm old school and see how much better a good phone could be with it built in. Hopefully samsung gives their customers options in the future releases to keep everyone happy, keep the note and add embedded Spen in both. I could look the other way on SD card if they build 512 versions and continue supporting a 512 version past pre-order.

My wife is happy about the S21 changes, saved money as I didn't want one.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
My wife has the Ultra and I got jealous and ordered one last night. I subscribe to Google One for additional storage for photos and Drive storage. I got a one year old and the camera and video capabilities of the Ultra are too much to pass up after spending time with it.

How much is Google One? Do they still keep all the pictures at full resolution?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How much is Google One? Do they still keep all the pictures at full resolution?
It's your storage and you pay for it, you can use it however you want. If you want to upload full resolution or high quality etc or whatever else you want. The storage applies across all Google services.

Start with 200 GB and it'll take long time to fill that up even if you are uploading full resolution pictures. Once you are closer the filling up then you can upgrade to higher storage plans.
5a77ad660ded06de75e357acaa9c931d.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I feel like brand loyalty, if one can call it that, will only extend itself so far - especially when it comes to must-have features like SD cards. That's a deal breaker for a lot of users.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Think it just shows how bad the s20 sales weee more than anything

S21 line was much improved mainly the ultra
Let's not forget the S20 was released at the beginning of the so called pandemic, uncertain times coming, a lot of people didn't buy the S20 because of uncertain times or job losses. I don't think we can come close to comparing the sales of the 2 phones IMO.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Let's not forget the S20 was released at the beginning of the so called pandemic, uncertain times coming, a lot of people didn't buy the S20 because of uncertain times or job losses. I don't think we can come close to comparing the sales of the 2 phones IMO.

You raise a good point here. It was a very odd and uncertain year for things like technology purchases; or purchases that were "wanted, but not necessary".

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Although true, nobody let Samsung off the hook for it. They still called the S20 a failure, especially with it's camera issues.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
All I remember was not being happy with the S20 Ultra and don't have the same feeling with S21 Ultra which has been amazing.

I could care less about what sold well or not, but for me personally S20 Ultra was disappointing and S21 Ultra Samsung nailed it from every angle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463