03-26-2021 01:11 PM
43 12
tools
    This article made my day ..

https://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...ou-might-think

Bunch of people complaining here about the S21 no having sd card slot and or another old school stuff have to admit that s21 is a beast.
    03-23-2021 07:29 AM
    I'm sure it's a great phone but I can see why many are sticking with previous phone.. It's also important to others having SD card... It's all personal usage a d needs and great having choices
    03-23-2021 08:59 AM
    No question the s21 one of the best phones out there right now , but I can also understand why some are upset about features taken out.
    03-23-2021 09:30 AM
    No question the s21 one of the best phones out there right now , but I can also understand why some are upset about features taken out.
    Well said. Not everyone is jumping with joy on losing features. I never said the s21 was a bad phone, just no reason to move to it with the note 20 ultra or fold 2nin hand.
    03-23-2021 10:33 AM
    Well said. Not everyone is jumping with joy on losing features. I never said the s21 was a bad phone, just no reason to move to it with the note 20 ultra or fold 2nin hand.
    I'm interested in the fold , but like it to be more durable
    rsmin likes this.
    03-23-2021 10:36 AM
    I'm interested in the fold , but like it to be more durable
    I'm actually surprised at how durable the fold 2 is. I thought this video did good job showing it IMO. I can tell you I'm not babying it and all I have is a skin on the back.

bkdodger2 and mustang7757 like this.
    03-23-2021 10:48 AM
    My wife has the Ultra and I got jealous and ordered one last night. I subscribe to Google One for additional storage for photos and Drive storage. I got a one year old and the camera and video capabilities of the Ultra are too much to pass up after spending time with it.
    03-23-2021 10:58 AM
    I'm actually surprised at how durable the fold 2 is. I thought this video did good job showing it IMO. I can tell you I'm not babying it and all I have is a skin on the back.

Thanks will check it out
    03-23-2021 11:03 AM
    I'm thinking that a small portable external ssd card would fix issue with sd card slot, figure more reliable), my biggest issue over buying the note 20 ultra, which they made the 21 in the same size and square corners as the note (looks more cinematic).
    03-23-2021 12:13 PM
    I'm thinking that a small portable external ssd card would fix issue with sd card slot, figure more reliable), my biggest issue over buying the note 20 ultra, which they made the 21 in the same size and square corners as the note (looks more cinematic).
    I've never had any issues with SD cards myself, but I don't buy them off Amazon or ebay either. I look at the portable ssd card the same as the portable Spen, I don't need anything extra to carry around, built in is always better in my book. To each their own though, if people don't mind carrying things around and hooking them up so be it. I guess I'm old school and see how much better a good phone could be with it built in. Hopefully samsung gives their customers options in the future releases to keep everyone happy, keep the note and add embedded Spen in both. I could look the other way on SD card if they build 512 versions and continue supporting a 512 version past pre-order.

My wife is happy about the S21 changes, saved money as I didn't want one.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    03-23-2021 03:34 PM
    My wife has the Ultra and I got jealous and ordered one last night. I subscribe to Google One for additional storage for photos and Drive storage. I got a one year old and the camera and video capabilities of the Ultra are too much to pass up after spending time with it.
    How much is Google One? Do they still keep all the pictures at full resolution?
    gendo667 likes this.
    03-23-2021 08:42 PM
    It's your storage and you pay for it, you can use it however you want. If you want to upload full resolution or high quality etc or whatever else you want. The storage applies across all Google services.

Start with 200 GB and it'll take long time to fill that up even if you are uploading full resolution pictures. Once you are closer the filling up then you can upgrade to higher storage plans.
    subguy812, Kilroy672 and gendo667 like this.
    03-23-2021 08:58 PM
    I feel like brand loyalty, if one can call it that, will only extend itself so far - especially when it comes to must-have features like SD cards. That's a deal breaker for a lot of users.
    03-23-2021 10:02 PM
    Think it just shows how bad the s20 sales weee more than anything

S21 line was much improved mainly the ultra
    gendo667 likes this.
    03-24-2021 06:57 AM
    Think it just shows how bad the s20 sales weee more than anything

S21 line was much improved mainly the ultra
    Let's not forget the S20 was released at the beginning of the so called pandemic, uncertain times coming, a lot of people didn't buy the S20 because of uncertain times or job losses. I don't think we can come close to comparing the sales of the 2 phones IMO.
    john905r and Morty2264 like this.
    03-24-2021 07:16 AM
    if you get the google one acc.. you can pay for it using google reward money.
    03-24-2021 07:37 AM
    Let's not forget the S20 was released at the beginning of the so called pandemic, uncertain times coming, a lot of people didn't buy the S20 because of uncertain times or job losses. I don't think we can come close to comparing the sales of the 2 phones IMO.
    You raise a good point here. It was a very odd and uncertain year for things like technology purchases; or purchases that were "wanted, but not necessary".
    03-24-2021 09:44 AM
    Although true, nobody let Samsung off the hook for it. They still called the S20 a failure, especially with it's camera issues.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    03-24-2021 10:22 AM
    Although true, nobody let Samsung off the hook for it. They still called the S20 a failure, especially with it's camera issues.
    But the sales decline was due to the pandemic imo
    03-24-2021 10:27 AM
    All I remember was not being happy with the S20 Ultra and don't have the same feeling with S21 Ultra which has been amazing.

I could care less about what sold well or not, but for me personally S20 Ultra was disappointing and S21 Ultra Samsung nailed it from every angle.
    03-24-2021 12:38 PM
    But the sales decline was due to the pandemic imo
    But also because the S20 ultra was just not a good phone.
    03-24-2021 12:56 PM
    But also because the S20 ultra was just not a good phone.
    I had the S20 ultra, it was a fine phone. I don't expect my camera to be a professional grade camera, I expect it to work as a phone, text, email, quick pictures. I didn't buy it expecting the 100X zoom to work, I knew it would be a gimmick. I never had blurry pictures. .

Was it their best phone, no, but it wasn't their worse either. I'm sure the s21 is a good phone, and I hope they keep the Spen accessory to the S series and keep the note around with embedded Spen, and add embedded Spen to the fold 3. SD card would be a bonus. If Samsung drops the embedded Spen for the note, I'll probably look elsewhere, they make the Spen as a accessory for the fold 3 like the S21U, I'll be done with the fold phone. Samsung will open the doors for me to start looking at other options in those scenarios to see what's out there. Up to that point, I never had a reason to look elsewhere.

I also think the majority of people didn't buy the S20 because of the pandemic. Most didn't know about issues with the camera at that point. Even die hard forum users that upgrade all the time said no to the s20 before the pre-order started citing the pandemic.
    chamomiami and mustang7757 like this.
    03-24-2021 04:52 PM
    When i think about "phone upgrade" i think about change a two to three even older phone for the newest model but.. i see here in this forum upgrading from the s20 to the s21 like no other priorities in life, whit all respect!!... a real change or upgrade should be for a actual difference on almost everything, no like my s20 have two cameras and i need three so i will UPGRADE and then criticize the new model ... maybe im getting old. (44 here btw)
    03-25-2021 07:34 AM
    When i think about "phone upgrade" i think about change a two to three even older phone for the newest model but.. i see here in this forum upgrading from the s20 to the s21 like no other priorities in life, whit all respect!!... a real change or upgrade should be for a actual difference on almost everything, no like my s20 have two cameras and i need three so i will UPGRADE and then criticize the new model ... maybe im getting old. (44 here btw)
    With all respect, it isn't really your place to tell other people what their priorities should be. I came from a 2 year old phone, but it's not my business if people want to upgrade 3 times a year. What do you expect from a phone enthusiast forum?
    Sapient, srvctec, mark233 and 1 others like this.
    03-25-2021 08:44 AM
    Over here in AC Land, quite a few of us will upgrade sooner rather than later. We all have our Achilles' Heels, you can say.
    03-25-2021 01:58 PM
43 12