Why do apps disappear after I tap them and they start up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gschill

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Have had new Galaxy S21 since early January and had no problems with apps till a couple of days ago. When a news app was tapped, it opened and then disappeared. Uninstalled it and reinstalled. Now it works; however, Fitbit app is doing the same thing: tap, open, disappear. Hope someone can help.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why do apps disappear after i tap them and they start up?

I had a similar problem yesterday. I've had the 21+ from pre order and it's worked with o issue.

Yesterday afternoon I turned on the screen and went to check mail but my email app (Fairemail) wouldn't open. Tried over and over and no go and memory then told me I had memory issues so I force closed fairemail. I the enabled the gmail app which already had my email addresses setup and it opened and I thought I was ok. Within a couple of minutes gmail wouldn't open and was crashing and screwing up memory and needing to be force closed. So I decided to uninstall fairemail and set it up from scratch. After install and setup it worked---for a couple of minutes and right back to crashing. I then checked some other apps and found about 5 or 6 that were also crashing when trying to open them. I tried uninstalling them and re-installing them. They worked once or twice and then all started crashing again.

I uninstalled and reset them up multiple times and they same thing each time with every app. I restarted the phone, no change. I turned the phone off to clear memory and restarted and again no change.

I figured I would have to call Samsung support this morning and I put my phone on the charging pad overnight and when I woke up I checked the phone just for grins and it was really weird but it was working and has been fine all day.

The only thing I did different yesterday was to cast some youtube videos from the phone to the tv using smart things. I bought a new DSLR and I was watching some tutorials. I never cast to tv and I don't know why that would have caused such a problem. I can't call support since everything is working fine today but it leaves me really uncomfortable with this phone.

billyjoebob007

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

I suffered from this all day today, quite madding cause it crashed very important apps. I though i had got a virus on me phone :(
Thanks for the heads up, i was about to do a factory reset !

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Same here, was planning a reset and restore from Smart Switch. Was really afraid of losing a critical email. After I posted my novel above I read the post link and found that all was resolved and well.

D

Deleted member 90790

Yes, Webview app, it's been updated.

gschill

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

Thank goodness we are all finding a solution to this unexpected mess.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

This caused me a massive amount of wasted time looking for a problem and a fix and trying to get my apps stable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.