S21 Ultra US Unlocked Camera/April Security Update Available Now!

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
First impressions: Bugs not being addressed once again. Just like the last 2 generations, Samsung doesn't read and listen to community input about bugs. It's been 2 months and it's the same story as with my S10+ and S20U. They never addressed them until i upgraded phones.
1: Animations bug is still there and it's the most annoying thing in the world, on such a beautiful phone. Not everyone sees it unless you're a technical person like me, but it's there on all Unlocked variants at least cause i tried it at the Samsung store and even replaced this phone thinking it was a faulty unit.
2. GPS accuracy bug is still there too. It's not Google Maps either. "Compass low" keeps showing after calibrating.
Almost 1GB in size and couldn't clean up the phone to it's best shape and performance. Rant over just very disappointed.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Animations bug is still there
What bug is that?

GPS accuracy bug is still there too. It's not Google Maps either. "Compass low" keeps showing after calibrating.
Hm, I haven't encountered these problems either (G998U1). GPS is separate from compass calibration--are you seeing two different problems? When you check on the map, how far off is your GPS location? And does it show you pointing in the right direction, even if it's warning you about the compass?

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
What bug is that?

Hm, I haven't encountered these problems either (G998U1). GPS is separate from compass calibration--are you seeing two different problems? When you check on the map, how far off is your GPS location? And does it show you pointing in the right direction, even if it's warning you about the compass?
The animation bug is minimal but annoying, how to trigger it:
1. Open any app, social media or whatever, browse thru it like you usually do.
2. Press the home button and immediately swipe down or up to try to bring the notification window or apps menu... It doesn't respond to your swipe at the first attempt in *most* cases. Sometimes it does but most of the times you gotta swipe again for the action to take place.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
What bug is that?

It's far off by a house or 2 and when i move it it's almost the opposite direction where my phone is pointing at. I tried cleaning and clearing maps all the way and the compass calibration still goes on and off between low and medium even after calibrating it.
And this model i can't find the code to do the sensors test

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on this. Downloaded the update on my unlocked 21 Ultra this morning (Spectrum Mobile).

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what exactly the camera update entails? Unless I'm just not looking deep enough, they're sort of vague. I wish they'd be a little more specific in describing these updates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol