Hey all,

I am pretty sure that my Note 9 had a setting to allow the AOD to automatically turn off when the phone was placed face down.

I can’t find anything like this on my S21 Ultra, and it looks like it stays on.

Does anyone have any ideas on if this is possible? Did I imagine this feature on the older phones?

Thanks,
    R
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-12-2021 08:31 PM
    That is a very interesting question, and a feature I would certainly use if it was available. I'm pretty sure I don't have this feature on my S10 - or, at least, I haven't come across it in my travels.
    04-12-2021 09:38 PM
    Hey all,

I am pretty sure that my Note 9 had a setting to allow the AOD to automatically turn off when the phone was placed face down.

I can’t find anything like this on my S21 Ultra, and it looks like it stays on.

Does anyone have any ideas on if this is possible? Did I imagine this feature on the older phones?

Thanks,
    R
    This was definitely a thing on the S9! I think it was because of the proximity sensor on the S9 and earlier models.

I remember covering the sensor and the AOD would turn off. I wish the s21 had this function, but to my knowing, it does not.
    04-12-2021 10:18 PM
    This was definitely a thing on the S9! I think it was because of the proximity sensor on the S9 and earlier models.

I remember covering the sensor and the AOD would turn off. I wish the s21 had this function, but to my knowing, it does not.
    Yeah I remember on the s9+ and Note 9 were able to .
    04-12-2021 10:32 PM
    Good question, and here's my answer I recently posted on another forum:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/a...#post-84663183

In short:
    "For some reason, since the S10 series, Samsung have disabled this feature for AOD."
    04-13-2021 01:20 AM
    Good question, and here's my answer I recently posted on another forum:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/a...#post-84663183

In short:
    "For some reason, since the S10 series, Samsung have disabled this feature for AOD."
    Say what?! Aw, man! But that *would* explain why I hadn't seen it in my Settings rootroughs.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-13-2021 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD